Thread: Fly tying vice...

Fly tying vice...

Hey all, looking at getting into tying some saltwater flies.
    I have posted a "Wanted" ad in the right section for a rotating vice.
    Are there any things I should be looking for when buying one?
    Are there bad/not so good brands or anything like that?
    I have no idea!

Thanks in advance...
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

Re: Fly tying vice...

hi there LNB you would be looking for something with a good grip on the hook, theres no real bad brands only what you spend on one,you will need it to get one can tie up to a 6/0,ive had a $50 sunrize vice for over 10years just had to use a rivert as a pin on my locking lever,but not long ago got myself a anvil rotory on ebay best thing ive ever done,it has a base to take away as well as a clamp for a bench ,i hope this helps have fun.

Question Re: Fly tying vice...

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    hi there LNB you would be looking for something with a good grip on the hook, theres no real bad brands only what you spend on one,you will need it to get one can tie up to a 6/0,ive had a $50 sunrize vice for over 10years just had to use a rivert as a pin on my locking lever,but not long ago got myself a anvil rotory on ebay best thing ive ever done,it has a base to take away as well as a clamp for a bench ,i hope this helps have fun.

Hey Chris, if you dont mind me asking, what sort of money was the anvil rotary vice from e-bay

Re: Fly tying vice...

hi there hooknose i think it was about $130 posted anvil were bringing out a new vice so they were getting rid of them it was a bargin i would not like to think how much it would have cost over here but im very happy with it you just have to keep your eye out on ebay you dont no what you can pick up but that was when the doller was a lot higher.