Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Navman chartplotter/sounder

Navman chartplotter/sounder

I put my unit in the other day as it crapped itself in 16 months. It was a trackfish 6500 which is a duel unit.
    Lets see how long it takes to get fixed or replaced by Northstar.

I'll either give them a good rap or a poor one and this might help people out that want to by a unit and wonder how good there after service is
    planning the next onslaught 6.5m Profish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Navman chartplotter/sounder

By all accounts the after sales service is pretty good Spiro.

I had a few issues with the local guy here in Adelaide following various dramas with equipment, but gotta say since getting put on to a fella in Victoria those concerns are a distant memory and its been fair sailing ever since. Go fiqure huh!

Otherwise seems those that have sent items away have reported good turn around times also, well those I have read anyway.

Good luck with it and let us know how it went.

Chris, it should be pretty good service. Mine has always been pretty good time wise and always a great deal. Last time they gave me a new replacement head for a cheap as chips price. 4 years out of warranty so I was expecting the worst

Chris

still waitting....ain't heard from them yet...carn't complain about the service "there is none"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gday Chris, I had a navman plotter which sh!t itself late last year. It took about 7 weeks to finally get a replacement one. Stupid me didn't write down all my spots off it before sending it away but fortunately they transferred all the data onto the new one. My biggest gripe was one of the rude @r$eholes at whitworths who hung up on me when I was trying to find out if they had heard anything from navman.

Cheers
    Kezza
    Callsign - Smells Like Fish! VHF Ch 21, 73 or 80

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
    Gday Chris, I had a navman plotter which sh!t itself late last year. It took about 7 weeks to finally get a replacement one. Stupid me didn't write down all my spots off it before sending it away but fortunately they transferred all the data onto the new one. My biggest gripe was one of the rude @r$eholes at whitworths who hung up on me when I was trying to find out if they had heard anything from navman.

Cheers
    Kezza
    Kezza a wise old man told me there were three rules when owning a plotter;
    1. Back it up
    2. Back it up
    3. Back it up.
    That bloody user card is a useless thing , until the unit craps itself.
    Brendan.

Yeah thanks Brendan. I couldn't even believe how stupid I was. They're all safely in the computer now..... mmmm I wonder if even that is safe.

Cheers
    Kezza

This thread and others like it ahs me wondering if the problem is not with NAVICO / NAVMAN but rather the dealer network.

I'm sure I have read in these and other pages where units have been sent direct to NAVICO and the writers being very happy with the level of service received when doing so.

In contrast those with problems seem to have taken the units back to then place of purchase.

Can anyone confirm this scenerio?

From experience, navico service is second to none!! Quick, professional and very customer focused. this applied to both navman and eagle products.

Geoff

I sent a unit to navman/navico.. recieved it back pretty quick which was good....

just one other problem.. there units are SHIT!

furuno next time!!

I have a navman track fish 6500 and was worried about the screen getting condensation behind it. The dealer at Yatala was initially trying to brush me of saying nothing was wrong with it.
    I ended up getting on to the repair people and there wasn't a problem, they told me that they have had some issues, just send it down and they will fix it.
    I figured out that I shouldn't be paying for the freight so got back to the dealer and all credit to the manager who is now gone, apolagised for his staff and got it repaired for me.

So by my thinking , it is the dealer that is the problem not the reairer.

Mick

Im still waitting and getting very pissed off. I want it back this week. I have a couple of weeks off over easter and would like to go out..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I sent in an email about month ago enquiring about a navman icn520 upgrade, I got an email back two weeks later saying they were busy and a company rep will email an answer to you..............still waiting. So I sent another email and I got a reply, yahoo.....................and the reply was, all our staff are busy but a company rep will email an answer to you..........

I was patient.....but then I got pissed off.

I sent an email to them letting them know I won't be buying navman again....yep got an email saying "all our staff are busy but a company rep will email an answer to you.........."

The ostrich insuance company has branched out to sell other products....navman being one of them. I have navman gear but I pray I never need backup from the company.
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been about 4 weeks now hey Chris? Only a few more weeks to wait.

Should come back just in time for when you go back to work.

Cheers
    Kezza

the only navman unit i owned got condensation inside it after a few months ..whitworths totally useless at Kawana...and when I emailed Navman repeatedly asking for help/advice I have never managed to get a reply. I would never touch their stuff again personally. Next one will be a Furuno.