Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moreton Bay Marine Park User Guide

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Moreton Bay Marine Park User Guide

Pickup up this guide today from the tackle shop. It's going to take a while to get through. It contains the GPS marks by the looks. Apparently the new bag/seize limit brochures are still at the printers.

Mick

Re: Moreton Bay Marine Park User Guide

which tackle store has em..

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Tackle World, Sandgate.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

I see one of the boundaries for Honeymoon Bay to the Cape, Moreton Island, is a 5m depth low tide contour. That should be easy to follow...NOT.

You would think if the gov can spend 100k sending out a letter to all people on the northside about the Prince Charles Hospital....then a booklet could have been posted to all reg boatowners in the moreton bay area......but i guess that wouldnt buy any votes
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Pickup up this guide today from the tackle shop. It's going to take a while to get through. It contains the GPS marks by the looks. Apparently the new bag/seize limit brochures are still at the printers.

Mick
    hey Miick

i was hand delivered one by some EPA blokes in a rubber duck early Sunday morning, look out fellas, they will be out in force.

Cheers

Bill

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

I'd hate to get the invoice for the glossy aerial maps.

The penalties displayed in large red bold print should pick up the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by juju View Post
    You would think if the gov can spend 100k sending out a letter to all people on the northside about the Prince Charles Hospital....then a booklet could have been posted to all reg boatowners in the moreton bay area......but i guess that wouldnt buy any votes
    Well that letter has the premiers email address, perhaps we should all send her an email to find out what the story is.

Hi guys,

Was doing a bit of shopping on the weekend and it looks like most tackle shops have the booklets now. Good pictures but still not real handy for the guys in little tinnies without gps!

Phill
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken pojie View Post
    Hi guys,

Was doing a bit of shopping on the weekend and it looks like most tackle shops have the booklets now. Good pictures but still not real handy for the guys in little tinnies without gps!

Phill
    good point , esp when alot of the areas are those that are fished by small tinnys..
    ..Greg...."Termites pay the bills"..... Trailcraft 475...75 Hp E-Tec

Isn't that the whole idea, confuse, divide and conquer.

Seriously, there will be a lot of confusion and the small tinnies and others as stated by juju will get into the wrong places unless boundary markers are in place very soon.

I also hope that these boundaries as presently laid down will be reviewed in the future.

All new legislation should be subject to a review at some later date.

I would even go so far as to suggest that if we are to abide by these new zones
    and they prove to be successful that they be moved at some later date from place to place but not extended.

Just a thought.

Have Fun Haji-Baba.

I got the new Recreational fishing rules and regulations for QLD book today from the Gem Bait and Tackle

Here's a link with a number down the bottom to get a copy of the guide.
    Good luck with it.
    I went to a Boating Camping and fishing do last night and all the blokes were there BUT EPA to explain new zones etc.
    Great public relations and public education for new regulations and zones etc I reckon...geees what a load of pelican poo.
    At least Primary Industries guy was there explaining new bag and size limits.
    Poor bugger was copping a flogging from the EPA stuff.

Anyways here the link for the guide and they'll bung one in the post for you.

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks_and_...g_plan_review/
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I was warned on the weekend that I would be liable for a $400 fine if I was caught going over the Amity banks at more than 6 knots, I was drifting amd fishing at the time. It took four people and an alloy landing barge to do it. This government must be loaded with cash, glad I'm not paying the wages and fuel costs.

Advertising of the Zoning Plan has been stopped until after the Election.

Will they fine you if you breach it? I wonder...

Given that they acknowledged the need to advertise it in order to adequately educate folks, if it is not now advertised, surely there is a case to be made that people will not be properly educated?

I think we should all go fishing on Sunday, and get a test case going!!!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.