Thread: 14kg spanish of dicky beach rocks???

Question 14kg spanish of dicky beach rocks???

hey all,
    just read in the sunday mail that there was a 14kg spanish caught off the rocks a dickys beach at caloundra on friday. just wanted to see if anyone else had any more info like what time of the day or what it was caught on etc.....
    cheers JAYVEE

Re: 14kg spanish of dicky beach rocks???

Sounds unreal mate, is there a pic of it in the paper?

Thats my idea of sports fishing!

NIck

na no pic just says in the caloundra section that a 14kg spaniard from dicky beach rocks. info was supplied by cal fishing world

there really is no rocks at dicky beach

Quote Originally Posted by Benny01 View Post
    G'day

Maybe around at shelly beach?

Dave

theres a set of rocks between dickys an moffets which i have caught little spotties off there befor an been done by some bigger fish seen a spanyd about 8kg ahile back taken off the head land on the moffet beach side then theres a some rocks between dickys an curramundi lake which i have never fish for any thing more then whiting an bream. might ring my uncle tonight who lives ta dickys beach an see if he knows any more hes pretty up to date with things like this.

cheers

bowds13- let us no if ya uncle comes up with anythin

got on to my uncle an he hasnt heard any thing yet but said he will keep me posted but he told me theres ben a few good macks getten around at the moment so it wuoldnt surprise him.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny01 View Post
    well wot are those things to the right when your in the carpark??????
    uno that head out to the reef we surf????

mate on a yak said he lost a good spaniard last thursday off dicky beach.there were plenty of good spotties in the bay of mooloolabah the day before that.got 6 in about 1 1/2 hours on the way in.

Wouldn't surprise me either. I heard about one Spaniard from the Bongaree Jetty and another a bit further up the passage being caught recently. Both apparently were around the 20kg mark. Not sure about rigs though, sorry.

there are rocks and anne street reef, a couple of hundred metres north of the guards tower at dicky beach where they sometimes fish and south there is neil street with rocks that end up leading out to caloundra reef.

would not surprise me at all, we had two mackerel on a few years back down on the moffat side of Neil st rocks, they looked pretty damn big, much bigger then the usual schoolies you normally get, either really big spotties or spanyids, both bit us off right next to the beach, sat there for a while to tease us then swam off.

hi all a mate of mine got a 13 kg an a 10kg spanish in laguna bay in nossa on the week end.not to far out ether.