Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher Boats

Fisher Boats

Please see the following thread.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=145896

It was opened to inform people of what was happening to date in relation to a letter that was received by one of our Members.

One of our moderators was contacted by Steven Minslow, who was elected on a committee of creditors in relation to the above company. Steven agreed to send the moderator an E-mail and give him permission to post it, as well as one from the administrators, KordaMentha, for our members and guests to see.

This was done.

Steven then contacted me via E-mail and informed me that he only gave permission for this info to be posted on the agreement that the thread then be locked. This was not my understanding of the matter but this is what Steven insisted on in his E-mail. Hence why the thread was locked once I received this E-mail and posts after the two posts were removed.

Steven did state in his E-mail that another thread could be opened for members to discuss the matter, I thank him kindly for his permission to allow us to do that.

This is the only comment I will make on the matter as I do not know what is happening with the companies, along with most people I would imagine.

If you have any business with Fisher Boats/Fisher Manufacturing please see the aforementioned thread and contact the people listed there.

You should also seek your own legal advise on this matter.

If anyone has any actual facts to add to this matter please feel free.
    If you have any rumors or here say, please feel free to keep it to yourself.

If you want to do something worthwhile, and have a couple of dollars to spare, please click on the links in my signature and sponsor myself or the Ausfish team in the Worlds greatest Shave. We have so far raised over $5500.00, your support is appreciated.

Re: Fisher Boats

very generous of Mr Minslow to allow you to open a thread on this subject on your own website, Steve.

I'm still waiting to hear the truth about the original split and whether it was simply lack of business that forced the administrators to be called in, or a product of the internal issues.

those in the know - don't be shy.

let's hope some people don't start throwing their weight around and demanding threads be closed - I'm not even sure this bloke has any authority in such matters other than to represent the creditors of Fisher.

In the interests of gaining a clear insight in to the current situation (and gain fact, not speculation) I offer the following questions for answer please -

Is Fisher still trading? ie taking money from new customers?
    Are there still employees being paid?
    What happens next in "administration"?

My father was Fisher boats main Aluminium supplier and very good friends with Col.

My Father has spoken to Col about what happened. It was a split between himself and his business partner.

Col went on Holidays over xmas, came back from Holidays and found all his gear/boats/computers gone.
    Col took on a partner not long ago(I dont know his name) and this partner was refused credit my the aluminum supplier due to bad history. So Col kept most the accounts in his own person name. (I know he owed one supplier over $100k for aluminum).

The new business partner obviously wasn't happy for some reason so he waited until Col went away, got trucks in and took all the gear to the new big shed in caboolture and is trying to operate under the Fisher name but without Col in the picture.

Im not sure why the split happened. So I wont comment on that. But for the new business partner to do what he did was an extremely low act IMO. Col is now left to pay alot of the Fisher boats accounts himself, and without a company to build boats and make money he cannot pay those accounts.

Im not sure on the current situation but I believe the company going into administration is to clear old accounts and deal with those poeple who had money down on boats. I believe they are still building boats

Dont understand why this becomes a sticky. Everyone involed would have been contacted, so the rest of the guys wanting to get in on the goss and rumours that it has nothing to do can go back to watching "Days of Our Lives".

Also there are two partners not just Col involved in this and I havn't wanted to come into this but getting sick of it all. I've known Col for 5 years and worked right beside him and can tell you with 100% knowledge that he is the innocent one in all this and will support and back him through this tough time.

Mark
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Quote Originally Posted by SNAPPERCOFFIN View Post
    Dont understand why this becomes a sticky. Everyone involed would have been contacted, so the rest of the guys wanting to get in on the goss and rumours that it has nothing to do can go back to watching "Days of Our Lives".

Also there are two partners not just Col involved in this and I havn't wanted to come into this but getting sick of it all. I've known Col for 5 years and worked right beside him and can tell you with 100% knowledge that he is the innocent one in all this and will support and back him through this tough time.

Mark
    Ausfish is a portion of Australia's media whether we like it or agree with it or not and your opinion is important and justified as is any others that doesn't breach site regulations...I surmise being nobody.

I see all business related comments as no more or less impersonal than all business's hold themselves against the consumer/public.

I don't like what is the unraveling of the situation either especially as the the commoners (me) understanding of what transpired has got better because of postings, but as in life, live by the sword, die by the sword but leave dictorial censorship out of it.

I for one understand that any business is before all else an individual under law.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Ausfish is a portion of Australia's media whether we like it or agree with it or not and your opinion is important and justified as is any others that doesn't breach site regulations...I surmise being nobody.

I see all business related comments as no more or less impersonal than all business's hold themselves against the consumer/public.

I don't like what is the unraveling of the situation either especially as the the commoners (me) understanding of what transpired has got better because of postings, but as in life, live by the sword, die by the sword but leave dictorial censorship out of it.

I for one understand that any business is before all else an individual under law.

cheers fnq
    So in english how does this affect you????

Agree FNQ gagging discussion is not the way to go...only encourages the conspiracy theorists...better let these things burn out naturally. I would have to guess there would only be a handful of people with first hand knowledge of what has happened. Many of us will have heard stuff second or third hand. The story as I heard it was quite different to that above but that only suggests that there is more than one side to a story....how unusual.
    I have always thought that the interest of the members who have no direct knowledge of the events is still important....what the heck else is the forum for..?

So in english how does this affect you????
    It affects me totally as I am the media, the country and nobody, each and all at once. Sorry best I can do

Trying better, the fisher boats discussion is about the legal entity 'fisher boats' not about the individuals who make/made it up, except now as merely players until and right up until the law says something different such as with grounds for a suppression order etc...all this is the same as in any media country wide.

cheers fnq

It affects me totally as I am the media, the country and nobody, each and all at once. Sorry best I can do

Trying better, the fisher boats discussion is about the legal entity 'fisher boats' not about the individuals who make/made it up, except now as merely players until and right up until the law says something different such as with grounds for a suppression order etc...all this is the same as in any media country wide.

cheers fnq
    You must have taken my question the wrong way. Did you have any money tied up in Fisher itself or were you one of the employess that now dont have a job or build the company up to be locked out and everything taken away or maybe a educated nosey parker.

Also Fisher Boats maybe a legal entity to you and others but would be nothing without the people behind it. Which is a hard time for all ATM.

Among those those other more serious choices, nosy parker fits best although that assumes a personal interest above sticking up against bullying (irrespective of personal stake) to silence those who speak only lawfully.

It's not the best or much even but it's all we have got to stop rot.

cheers fnq

Among those those other more serious choices, nosy parker fits best although that assumes a personal interest above sticking up against bullying (irrespective of personal stake) to silence those who speak only lawfully.

It's not the best or much even but it's all we have got to stop rot.

cheers fnq
    No bullying has gone on the previous threads they were wiped either for legal reasons or untruths in the posts. Hopefully this thread will remain so the truth is known as I have stated in my previous post. As stated by Steve at the beginning of the thread I hope people with real intentions and facts use this thread.

[quote=Ausfish;974374]Please see the following thread.

quote]

The specifics and underlying humbug behind Fisher and the partners is one side but the bit about discussing it and other companies is that you learn how it works and where you stand as a supplier and customer and finally what you can do as a consumer so your money or boat is protected from a partners dispute or financial failure or whatever so you get your boat.

The Censorship just gets more people hurt in the long run and they will be consumers who get caught when this happens to them and especially if there is a dispute over ownership of names and trademarks and part of the business and equipment is eslewhere producing or finishing boats using teh same name.

My answer is deposit money in trust, both agree on inspecting person and some minor very late progress payments if any and final inspection and release of trust funds and final payment after suitable sea trials. If the business owner can arrange finance to build my boat then I probably don't want to deal with him and yes I'll pay that small premium knowing that he will be working on his own money. I as a rule only pay for finished products and don't pay progress payments until next stage is complete on house contracts either - all in trust accounts and if the job is done payment is made.

Personal guarantees in business are a scarey thing

There is other cases not related where a transport company is holding boats in leiu of payment of the manufactures old bills getting paid and I have personally seem suppiers enter premises and get posession of materials.

No bullying has gone on the previous threads they were wiped either for legal reasons or untruths in the posts. Hopefully this thread will remain so the truth is known as I have stated in my previous post. As stated by Steve at the beginning of the thread I hope people with real intentions and facts use this thread.

Rubbish...my post was wiped after ten minutes before anyone but Steve (including you) saw it so this is a silly statement. It contained no claims of facts, no rumours, no untruths and no legal issues. It was complaining to Steve that he shouldn't submit to the bullying of the administrators in shutting down threads at their request. Stuff Korda Mentha...who do they think they are..?

[quote=SNAPPERCOFFIN;975406]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Please see the following thread.

quote]

Thank you for permission to post our opinions, it's a great relief to have it.