Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher Boats

Re: Fisher Boats

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Daz it sounds like that may have been the whole point of the mutiny...

Uh! me nota speeka da english much...........damn cant use smilies

Daz

damn i lost now, Sooooo, who screwed who, screwed who, screwed who?????

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    Partner A cons partner B into investing money into Business.
    Later B discovers many skeletons in A closet.
    B say’s put cards on table; A says need much bigger table.
    Anybody including yourself can make a bid and buy an insolvent/Wound up company.
    The investigations into the affairs of the company are far from over!
    Directors are “personally” responsible for their actions
    With that said it doesn’t sit all that well with me either but I don’t earn $400.00 an hr so I guess we will never understand.
    Payney!
    Many things here don't sit right with me.

Calling a respected person a con (I don't know him, only his many happy customers, and the fact that the business has been going for quite some time happily until you came along) on a public forum when you know they are not going to reply (due to legal reasons) does not instill me with confidence that you are a stand up character.

The fact that it was all done over Christmas holidays and without the partner's knowledge or defence is a low act.

Your conduct here and that of others (obviously involved) does not urge me to come and do business with you.

I'd never buy a plate boat, but i'd certainly never by a Fisher under current management.

Regards

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    damn i lost now, Sooooo, who screwed who, screwed who, screwed who?????
    Guess it depends who you ask.....but keep an eye out for a bloke with a bunch of knives in his back...

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Many things here don't sit right with me.

Calling a respected person a con (I don't know him, only his many happy customers, and the fact that the business has been going for quite some time happily until you came along) on a public forum when you know they are not going to reply (due to legal reasons) does not instill me with confidence that you are a stand up character.

The fact that it was all done over Christmas holidays and without the partner's knowledge or defence is a low act.

Your conduct here and that of others (obviously involved) does not urge me to come and do business with you.

I'd never buy a plate boat, but i'd certainly never by a Fisher under current management.

Regards

Darren
    There are no winners here only victims, you are entitled to your opinion and I have taken that on board.
    I’ve had enough for 1 night and will start new post over the weekend as stated before.
    If you still feel the same after reading it that’s fine and I wish you all the best.
    Payney!

Payney, i come from up that way , and the talk is , you are trying to do your best and make things right , so all i can do is wish you the best of luck.

Leon

Out of all this, at least someone is trying to look after the customers who are the innocent victims in all of this.

Takes alot of guts to take on something that was previous business and honour it.

As for Boatboy50 enjoy your glass boat, I'll be thinking of ya when I'm fishing, maintenance drastically reduced in my platey out at the reef. Keep polishing, you missed a bit!!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo View Post
    so what happens to col? take it not there any more?
    All i can say is I feel very very sorry for Col..... Didn't know him well personally but close friends did. And I really feel sorry for him. Seems he suffered the biggest loss out of it all. And its a massive shame to lose an extremely talented boat builder from the industry.

Wish you all the best Col.

Hi All

First post to this thread and i am truly glad to hear those customers effected " appear " things may work out ok.

I would be very interested to hear what has become of the suppliers to the old business.If my memory serves me correctly a supplier just days prior to all this unfolding delivered upward of 100K in material. Will that supplier be paid or has he become a victim and if so where has that material gone ?.

If those who are re-birthing this business have the benefit of these materials then completing boats should not be there only moral obligation IMO.

Cheers

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    Pinhead I hear what you saying , I just hope when the day comes your man enough to admit you were wrong!. In the mean time let's see how we go as all will not be back to normal overnight , but rest assure were in for the long hall.

Payney!
    I will admit I am wrong if you tell us that EVERY supplier and every other debt was paid by the new owners ???

If not, then some people are dipping out on their money and that sucks as far as I am concerned.

Some simple questions if I may...

These are directed directly to Imidator..
    Who owned the rights to the original Fisher boat designs...Fisher Boats version 1 or Col himself??

Are the staff who lost their jobs going to receive all their entitlements??

In which publications were expressions of interest advertised in purchasing all Fisher Boats equipment etc etc??

When were the administrators called in and when did all the stuff get moved to your new shed??
    I could go back through the previous thread but you'd be able to answer those lickity split.

Who's paying the Smorgan Steel bill??
    Col himself or the Company which had the partners involved??
    Who is paying all the other supplier bills??

Bit rude closing one business called Fisher Boats and starting Fisher Boats Australia. A bit too close for my books.
    Who wants to work off who's reputation??

Actually I cannot find Fisher Boats Australia in the ABR data base.
    http://www.abr.business.gov.au/(bcdwpn553yfhbby23ua0e3vj)/search.aspx?SearchText=Fisher+Boats+Australia&Star tSearch=True
    And that information is updated fairly quickly.
    Our name is in there and we only got the letter last Tuesday
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

There is so much contradictory stuff here that you really arent getting anywhere except frustrated. Excellent questions raised Finga. Poor Korda Mentha dont have any obligation the public or to the creditors they just want to be left alone to pick the bones and get their fee...so we really must stop invading their privacy and giving them a hard time.
    As for the goodies and baddies....Disorderly Scott put his Finga (sorry..!) on it when he said "depends on who you believe"...totally agree Scott.
    This is just a good example of lack of transparency fuelling speculation and rumour.....and the fact that other views on the people may be out there but only the "good buddy" ones get posted for understandable reasons.

The legit question is whether this stuff is in the public interest..? or just the creditors interest. As long as the coy is operating and seeking deposits in either it's former or newer form then I think it is in the public interest. I had my head turned by the new smaller Fisher at the Nth Coast show late 2008 and was going to follow it up... glad I didnt. So as long as they operate publicly their financial state is in the public interest....being a Partnership or Private coy just reduces their obligation to publish accounts so it's hard to know what you are dealing with.

These are directed directly to Imidator..
    Who owed the rights to the original Fisher boat designs...Fisher Boats version 1 or Col himself??

Col himself was on here telling us all that naval architects are a waste of time and that he goes by 'feel'.

Don't reckon there'd be too much in the way of designs to salvage......

I'll admit the final product (ie last couple of year's boats) was good, but prior to that they were on a steep learning curve. There's a few year old fisher in a southside yard for sale at the moment that looks like it was drawn by a child and built not much better.

I know many of the threads about fisher have been wiped but has Col ever responded to any of these posts? ...

Foxy, Col has never replied from what I have read and have read most regarding fisher as I was seriously thinking about getting the 680Maxi.

Cheers....