Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher Boats

Re: Fisher Boats

I add the steel was delivered Monday, late afternoon about 5.30 pm and the company declared bankruptcy Tuesday morning at 7.30 am.......................... I really felt for the steel supplier, as did everyone else at the meeting.
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will have to check as I don't know and maybe once bankruptcy is declared it is different. But a trust can't "own" goods if it hasn't paid for them - it is about the terms it was supplied on. Out of my depth so will have to ask. I'll note that several lawyers for my clients told them not to sign our supply agreements and that was fine . We don't supply. We force all clients to have their lawyer review our contracts and reply that their client understands the terms. I got burnt early in business really bad with non payers ( with better resources and lawyers) at a time when cash flow kills business.

I know what you mean cormorant, I ran my own welding business and had a business customer refuse to pay a bill.............. it didn't take long for him to change his mind once I started telling everyone the "honest truth" about his paying habits. No slanderous comments just the "honest truth". He hand delivered the cheque within a week.............................................. ................We never did business again, it's good being the owner of the business and being able to choose your customers, instead of dealing with the crappy ones who won't pay each month without a fight.

I was and am not an expert about bankruptcy, been on the receiving end once and saw the results of those effected, but as for the intricacies of law, I can only say what I heard the administrators tell everyone at the meetings at that time (1983)
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My info is old as well as I haven't had a recent problem but the way a couple of clients are going It might not be far away in this business cycle. We don't generally release full documents clients require for insurance and Oh&S ( only a interim certificate for period 7 days outside invoice) until final payment so they have a worthless good or a big problem if they use it and something goes wrong if they haven't paid.

Perhaps you could withdraw certification, ISO or whatever on goods you weld if they are not paid for issue interim certificate as well. Notification to client, insurers and union puts some pressure on. I have lost money and clients and I don't mind as long as I get my goods back ( even if I scrap em) so they aren't used as to feather the nest of non paying scum or in the pool for administraters etc. I am also quite open about business I will not deal with and list is on wall even when they start new companies. Bad ones often rebirth and go bad again as they are even more poorly financed or greedy.

A lot of my stuff is sold with $ finance supplied by us on it so that gives us extra rights in recovery due to ownership as well. Financed dollar can only be paid as last $1 so payment is in full or goods come home to poppa. So much easier if everyone was honest as I know business fails but the frauds really irk me.

Where's INTIMIDATOR been lately??
    he was pretty verbal in other threads saying how they moved etc etc and could not contact customers etc etc
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Get your lawyer to change the way your contracts and invoices tenders and supply agreements are written.

Get it so property remains yours until paid for and purchaser gives permission to enter property to recover that property without notice as a condition of sale. It is not an asset of admin or LIQ as they don't own it just because it is on site. I have collected goods on this basis from manufactures who went belly up. We blocked the drive to stop them taking them to an offsite auction site. We specifically mark all our goods we supply so I can identify them.

All goods I have sold remain my property until paid for in full and I make a point of recovering them off non payers even when it is at more expense or hassle than the goods themselves.

Check it out it might save you being lumped in with 1c in a $1000 dollar if anything crowd in the future.
    This practice is commonly called a " stock reclaim " and widely appears now on credit application forms specifically stating stock remains the property of the supplier until all amounts due are paid in full.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Where's Vindicator been lately??
    he was pretty verbal in other threads saying how they moved etc etc and could not contact customers etc etc
    At least he went fishing on the week-end.

You've got the wrong person here. This is the first post I have made on the subject. I suggest you go back through the threads and find out who you are really talking about.

Cheers
    Kezza
    Callsign - Smells Like Fish! VHF Ch 21, 73 or 80

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Where's Vindicator been lately??
    At least he went fishing on the week-end.
    This would be your guy http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/member.php?u=41552
    INTIMIDATOR.

Don't think he will say much he was last on line am today, he is still getting his foot out of his mouth from his comments last time.
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
    You've got the wrong person here. This is the first post I have made on the subject. I suggest you go back through the threads and find out who you are really talking about.

Cheers
    Kezza
    Quote Originally Posted by SNAPPERCOFFIN View Post
    INTIMIDATOR.

Don't think he will say much he was last on line am today, he is still getting his foot out of his mouth from his comments last time.
    That's him. My deepest apologies to you Vindicator. I will correct my post.
    Thanks for the correction too.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by SNAPPERCOFFIN View Post
    INTIMIDATOR.

Yes your correct Mark when I said you were a hard decission to let go I should of said first to go.
    My mistake Sorry
    By the way If you or finger have something to slang at me your quite welcome to see me in person at work you both know where I am and I'm not going anywhere!!!
    Sorry if I havent had time to ease everybodys minds as to what going on but i for one have a job and better things to do with my time.
    Their will be an official post soon.
    Payney!

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    Yes your correct Mark when I said you were a hard decission to let go I should of said first to go.
    My mistake Sorry
    By the way If you or finger have something to slang at me your quite welcome to see me in person at work you both know where I am and I'm not going anywhere!!!
    Sorry if I havent had time to ease everybodys minds as to what going on but i for one have a job and better things to do with my time.
    Payney!
    So is Fisher Boats open for business.
    First to go because of loyalty.
    Also how can anyone make a offical post when nobody knows whats going on without the second creditors meeting which has not been called yet?
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    My mistake Sorry
    Payney!

I would think that Korda Mentha are the only ones able to make "official posts" now regarding the situation of the company,

G'day

Hahahaha That worried me you have that on your computer Wahoo, what else is lurking on your hard drive??

Dave

Ps. Well done, good to lighten the mood

Just thought I would like to thank all responsible for this discussion as it can be and was quite helpful. I have recently (last few days) bought a new boat - a TABS. After reading some of the post re Fisher boats I decided not to order a new boat but take one that was already in stock - it is quicker and obviously has a lot less hassles and risks! Who knows who will be affected but this financial mess next???