Have another scotch paney
    I see you start drinkin before lunch on sundays

cheers scotty

Re: Fisher Boats

Quote Originally Posted by nofrills View Post
    Have another scotch paney
    I see you start drinkin before lunch on sundays

cheers scotty
    i hope thats a friendly joke between mates?

this horse has been flogged to death I think - time to lock it mods?

is it over?

Intimidator,

Your intentions ie re warranties etc maybe initially sound great but it all sounds like what happens again and again when companies want to escape their obligations and start up fresh next door.

i think the point someone was making or asking questions about was in effect, are all the suppliers/employers of the old business paid? as it seems like the business has in effect just moved addresses and hid behind liquidators/ new company etc. The old debts remain with previous directors conveniently extinguished etc.

I feel for the old suppliers/employees, wasn't it a $100k debt mentioned on a thread?, I wonder if the original creditor has had to let go some workers because they didnt get their money owed?

is it Company A who owes a truckload to suppliers, goes under, gone forever , liquidates debt leaving previous suppliers high and dry, out of pocket ( old company has had benefit of its supplies free but folds) and new Company B conveniently starts again with the name albeit with different directors who use those provisions in the company act who restart the business, building the same product, doing the same business but escaping liability for previous creditors because of company arrangements etc?.

Would someone not so close to it as some of you are confuse Fisher Boats with Fisher Boats Australia? I dont think so .

Sorry to be cynical but seen this done all to often and Im still amazed the law doesnt go behind these deals as they should. One day the facts will come out but on the surface its shady.

Your new companies first call morally is to pay all your previous debts out and not hide behind the previous companies/directors/liquidation coat, clearly legal as it is but its not right. .

In essence please dont keep playing the moral victim or high ground as really its not appropriate.

mike
    Tangles KFC

hi all
    so what was the 100k worth of goods that everyone is on about and how does everyone know that it was delivered two days before they closed the doors are there poeple on here with inside info that dont want to stick there neck out incase they cop a floggen like intimidiator if so thats a bit low??????????

INTIMIDATOR a couple of questions for you.

When I did a search on the old Fisher Boats it came up with Col Svensson and Michael Sanderson ...so who is involved with the new set up ?.

It is very obvious that Col Svensson isn't anymore so what about Michael Sanderson? and what's his background in boat building?

I also read that the sheds were completely stripped of everything ..... apparently he took all his personal gear as well and hasn't returned it .........pretty low act since he was away at the time ........were you part of that?.

well i always plead for thoughtful posts and no post closedowns. Better these frustrations run their course and run out of steam...if the mods pull up someone for being abusive then thats always cool...but let the frustration run its race IMHO and then it will be done.

Blah Blah Blah thats all i'm hearing

I have read through all the posts and I find it interesting that 99% of people asking the questions and wanting to know the INS and out of what went on don’t have any stake at all in Fisher boats. People just want to know for the sake of wanting to know, as if the company old or new will get on here and openly tell you the truth as to what went down. Assumptions, innuendo’s, half truths all make for a good gossip column; I’m surprised that the Mods have let this thread go on for as long as it has.

I don’t know what went down and nor would most if not all of you here would either. I’m glad that the guys that had money laid out on boats will get the pride and joy and warranties will still be looked after by the new management. As for suppliers, well that’s a whole new ball game, I feel for those guys if they have lost money but again we don’t know for certain. If what I have read is even half true then the company will be struggling to make a go of it because word travels fast and the marine industry has a long memory. Should we continue to support them? Absolutely. Just be sure that your deposit goes directly into a trust account.

Stu

can someone give us the condensed version with just the FACTS as it stands now?

Noelm

Why would anyone here have the facts, its appears everyone has their own version of the facts. If you must know ring the company and see what they have to say instead of relying on people that wouldn’t have a clue. If some one on here gave you the supposed facts how would you know if it was true or not?

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Noelm

Why would anyone here have the facts, its appears everyone has their own version of the facts. If you must know ring the company and see what they have to say instead of relying on people that wouldn’t have a clue. If some one on here gave you the supposed facts how would you know if it was true or not?

Stu
    I can't imagine ringing the new company would get anything other than "it's all roses"...& why not, they are trying to get it all up again..

I would imagine if anyone connected with the old company is involved with the new company, they would probably need to be cashed up, as I think it would be hard for them to gain a credit account with suppliers until they prove all is good & they will survive..

bottom line is..it doesn't matter to me as I don't have a half built boat with the old company & I couldn't afford one anyway..I just hope all works out for those that do have boats being built & all the comment could eventually come down to the new company just saying "this is all too hard" & everyone misses out..

I fully understand what you are saying, but I just thought as there is/was a couple of employees here, and the owner was/is a sponsor, that maybe someone has the truth on how it all unfolded to how it is right now, without any inuendo or blame, I also do not own one, have one on order, or even know someone who does own a Fisher, but it would be nice to just "put it to bed"

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart
    Assumptions, innuendo’s, half truths ...
    Who'd have thought you'd find these traits on a fishing forum, of all places?!? Bloody hell, someone get a photo!!!

Stuart, the whole point of a web forum such as this is so people with similar interests can 'get together' and chat about common interests. If you were in a pub and the group you were with started chatting about what they'd heard about FB, would you be half as 'high and mighty' or disapproving? Of course people will chat, speculate, pass on hearsay and generally 'shoot the shit'. Noone's ever complained when people who had no stake in FB's , nor owned a FB made positive comments about the company and its products here. Unfortunately that rubs both ways. If you (as a company) want and encourage the 'good exposure' via a public forum such as this, you gotta be prepared to 'suck it up' when the same exposure is less than complimentary.

Quote Originally Posted by spelchek View Post
    Who'd have thought you'd find these traits on a fishing forum, of all places?!? Bloody hell, someone get a photo!!!

Stuart, the whole point of a web forum such as this is so people with similar interests can 'get together' and chat about common interests. If you were in a pub and the group you were with started chatting about what they'd heard about FB, would you be half as 'high and mighty' or disapproving? Of course people will chat, speculate, pass on hearsay and generally 'shoot the shit'. Noone's ever complained when people who had no stake in FB's , nor owned a FB made positive comments about the company and its products here. Unfortunately that rubs both ways. If you (as a company) want and encourage the 'good exposure' via a public forum such as this, you gotta be prepared to 'suck it up' when the same exposure is less than complimentary.
    I wish I'd said that....it is a chat forum not anything else... and there are a number of people here who know the nitty gritty ( not me) but sensibly wont post it. ...shame in a way because if Mr "X" or whoever opened another business, then knowing the facts of history would inform you as to whether to shop there or not... get it would be gaggers..? perhaps you could just not open the thread if you are over it..?

And yes you cant be certain of the "FACTS" but you can use common sense to recognise what is likely when you hear all the stories. It's called critical thinking...but who'd wanna say that after a rebuke for Assumptions, innuemdos et al....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pig n fish View Post
    hi all
    so what was the 100k worth of goods that everyone is on about and how does everyone know that it was delivered two days before they closed the doors are there poeple on here with inside info that dont want to stick there neck out incase they cop a floggen like intimidiator if so thats a bit low??????????

Hey Ashley how are things back at work hey. If anyone knows about inside info you should as you are working there.
    FISHING FISHING AND MORE FISHING. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO?