Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Fisher Boats

Re: Fisher Boats

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Yes, what happened to the Fisher Boats Australia??
    Also is Dan getting his motor??

Why was the "old workshop" moved before any mention of the problems late last year?
    Why wasn't there a sign hung on the "old front gate" telling people what the go was?

Also I think it was mentioned that it was agreed for liquidation on about the 9th of this month so where were the ads advising of liquidation of assets?

I still do not know why the new identity would want to be called Fisher Boats if not wanting to work off the name of the older company and thusly off Col's name and reputation.
    Especially seeing that no body that has been mentioned is named Fisher...is there??

I'm sorry if my spelling is not up to scratch and I know how Intimidator likes correct spelling.

A lot of questions have been asked so now is the time for someone of authority to answer them.
    If they are not answered then doubts will prevail amongst the people wanting to know the answers.
    It would seem pretty important if I was running a business to answer, sort out or alleviate the doubts (ie answer the questions) if I wanted to succeed in that business.
    As these are higher end boats word of mouth is important in the fairly close knitted fraternity which who would tend to purchase these boats.
    Answering the questions can only help the business.
    I know bugger all about this situation. I guess if the questions were important (why was workshop moved?, why wasn't there a sign?, where were the adds?-does that rubbish really matter to anyone?) they may be answered.
    As far as a trading name goes, I can just imagine if they had called themselves something else. People would have said that they were trying to hide behind another name.
    Word of mouth is important to any business. Making a sale, attracting a good employee- whatever- word of mouth is important. Getting involved in some debate to nowhere with people that wouldn't have a good thing to say no matter what would not be high on the list of priorities of any business owner I wouldn't have thought.
    Correct me if I am wrong. Didn't the guy that had an outboard in question ask a question and subsequently have it answered? If so, why has it been raised again and what has it got to do with us?
    If you have got a drama with Fisher or Haines Hunter, Ford, Holden, Qantas, K-Mart, whoever, thats fine but continuing to crap on about it does nothing except make people think that you have not got a life.

Hi Rockrash
    The questions that are asked is all to do with the credibility of the company and these questions are being asked from potential buyers. I for one would like to know that i am dealing with a credible company before forking my hard earned cash over as a deposit for a boat

As I said, if the questions were important, they may be answered. Asking a business owner on a public forum why there wasn't a sign on a fence or an add in a paper is not establishing credability. It is simply crapping on.

Asking why the bussiness owner didnt inform his customers what was happening when he closed one yard and moved it to another IS trying to establish crediblity in the eyes of customers. These customers that he did not inform would of had MANY sleepless nights about there money that they forked over to them.

Quote Originally Posted by INTIMIDATOR View Post
    Partner A cons partner B into investing money into Business.
    Later B discovers many skeletons in A closet.
    B say’s put cards on table; A says need much bigger table.
    Anybody including yourself can make a bid and buy an insolvent/Wound up company.
    The investigations into the affairs of the company are far from over!
    Directors are “personally” responsible for their actions
    With that said it doesn’t sit all that well with me either but I don’t earn $400.00 an hr so I guess we will never understand.
    Payney!
    If and buts leaves me with a fairy tale story, someone told me ...

A wolf builds and sells boats, but runs into financial trouble. Along comes a pig and says if you'll build me a boat I'll throw in $500K to prop up your business as a partner.

Pig turns up the next day and the wolf is gone.

Where does that leave the pig???

Will all live happily ever after???

Remember this is only a fairy tale !!!! And if you have any rumours ... keep it to yourself!

HHhhhhmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by castlemaine View Post
    If and buts leaves me with a fairy tale story, someone told me ...

A wolf builds and sells boats, but runs into financial trouble. Along comes a pig and says if you'll build me a boat I'll throw in $500K to prop up your business as a partner.

Pig turns up the next day and the wolf is gone.

Where does that leave the pig???

Will all live happily ever after???

Remember this is only a fairy tale !!!! And if you have any rumours ... keep it to yourself!

HHhhhhmmmmm
    G'day

Great story, I'd love to see a little comic strip like the 3 little pigs put together. Would lighten the thread a bit

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened View Post
    G'day

Great story, I'd love to see a little comic strip like the 3 little pigs put together. Would lighten the thread a bit

Dave
    Well, it looks like there's been a lot of huffing and puffing, but the house hasn't fallen down yet

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Hi finga
    Just a quick question what is your involment in fisher boats...
    Because you just aren't letting this go are you??????
    ash

Quote Originally Posted by pig n fish View Post
    Hi finga
    ash
    Ash - plenty of current Fisher owners would like to know the answers to Finga's questions as well.

I am upgrading later this year so whether it is another Fisher or another brand depends a lot on credibility. All business partnerships have difference of opinions etc but they are usually settled without cloak and dagger moving operations. IMO this should have been handled between two partners behind closed doors with each other.

I have a 2 year old boat that should still have another 3 years structural warranty - where does that stand now?

Cheers

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Ash - plenty of current Fisher owners would like to know the answers to Finga's questions as well.

I am upgrading later this year so whether it is another Fisher or another brand depends a lot on credibility. All business partnerships have difference of opinions etc but they are usually settled without cloak and dagger moving operations. IMO this should have been handled between two partners behind closed doors with each other.

I have a 2 year old boat that should still have another 3 years structural warranty - where does that stand now?

Cheers

Greg
    Please direct all these questions to fisher too.

We will see you all on the open day if anyone still has questions they need answers to.

Hi finga
    ash
    Lots of legitimate questions have been raised on this forum with to date no straight foward answers.

Suggesting mods end thread WTF

Telling members to move on WTF

If you don't like the direction its heading "SWITCH OFF".

Sounds like a lot sales pitch from a THREE ringed circus

dazzle em with brilliance or baffle em with truckloads of bull$%ît.

Attacking people with legit questions compromises your cred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Hi finga
    ash
    that is a question that even I could answer..everyone is a potential customer..that is their involvement.... If you don't treat them that way, then you won't have many at all. Reminds me of the bloke that said I could not look over their 30' Four Winns cos he said i could not afford it...that mob went broke.

Hi finga
    ash
    I have NO involvement in Fisher boats.
    I'm just a person who is totally mystified with the whole matter.

I will not let go because everybody associated with Fisher boats will not answer simple questions that will mean a lot to existing owners and people with money which is sitting in someone else's bank account with absolutely didly squat to show for it.
    I WILL let it go when someone has the intestinal fortitude to answer some questions.
    I have lost money before on companies that go bust and start up again under a slightly different name.
    So you might say I get really peeved.
    And guess what?? I've got nothing better to do just at the moment.

Answering these questions will give the new company credibility, as someone mentioned earlier.

So...is old mate going to get his outboard that has been paid for??

Everyone at Fisher MkII is all quick and happy to have an open day but what about all the previous customers, creditors and employees??

Why not name the new company Intimidator Boats??
    Just as good a name as Fisher I reckon...or Pig n Fish??
    Naming the new company Fisher just gives reinforcement to the theory that the Fisher MkII wants to work off the reputation of the original Fishers and Col.

Why would I drive for 4 hours to an open day to ask questions when I can ask here??
    Would the questions be answered the same as here?? ie NOT AT ALL!!
    Maybe I should go and ask the questions when there's lot of people hanging about. That'll make the day memorable for sure.

Oh, Just remembered.
    I do have an interest in Fisher. It's my surname.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Lots of legitimate questions have been raised on this forum with to date no straight foward answers.

Suggesting mods end thread WTF

Telling members to move on WTF

If you don't like the direction its heading "SWITCH OFF".

Sounds like a lot sales pitch from a THREE ringed circus

dazzle em with brilliance or baffle em with truckloads of bull$%ît.

Attacking people with legit questions compromises your cred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve.
    steeler
    are you pointing all of that to me????

I have a quesiton for Mick...wasn't Fisher Boats P/L wound up ????