Thread: Daiwa Exceler Oceano 4500 J

Daiwa Exceler Oceano 4500 J

any info on these reels or comparison,anybody got one

4500J 400m/PE30lb 4.9-1
    Built to withstand the rigors of heavy saltwater use the Exceler Oceano is built tough.Perfect for medium weight jigging, rock and surf or heavy boat spinning.Features : Hardbodyz body and side plate, Airbail, Twistbuster II, ABS machined aluminum spool with titanium nitride lip, Titanium nitride ball bearing line roller, Infinite anti-reverse, machined aluminum power handle and rubber jigging knob, 3 stainless steel B/B inc. 1 CRBB and a Waterproof 9kg drag system.

Re: Daiwa Exceler Oceano 4500 J

######## has them on sale and im thinking about it butlike you ive never seen them before.

cam

These reels are a step above the capricorn and are regularly used by people i go out with for jigging and soft placcie fishing offshore ,i have just changed from a capricorn and got a saltiga 4500 s-extreme but the oceano would have been my next choice thats for sure ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

These reels are a step above the capricorn
    They are step down from the Capricorn j 4500. I would think the Exceler are good value but would prefer the extra bearings on the Capriorn j but you have to weigh up the extra dollars for Cap J. Above the Cap J is the Catalina and i can say these are bullet proof as i own one but now cost a lot more with the low Aus $.

Cheers
    Scott

I know a few guys that have them as an entry level jigging reel (40lb braid, 230gram jigs). The reel was making pretty bad noises on the first day of meeting 6-8kg kingies.
    It did the job, but didnt sound good doing it.

They look good. I'd go for the Capricorn J over this model.

Cheers Dave

step below the cap.Only draw back is there is no bearing in the line roller only a teflon bush.yep i know its advertised but its not in mine or anybody elses.Rang Daiwa who are sending me a cap line roller bearing to implant into her.Dont get me wrong i do like my oceano,use it for kings,off shore flatties and gummies on softies 30lb braid.Seen them as low as $189
    Cheers
    Reidy

Recieved my roller bearing from Daiwa.My question is whey do they continue to advertise a line roller bearing when it never was there Its been released for over 9 months or so should have asked for a capricorn as a replacement due to miss advertising.
    If you own one check it out,teflon is not a bearing
    Cheers
    Reidy
    Last edited by reidy; 02-03-2009 at 08:55 AM. Reason: poor grammar