went out and bought a new daiwa tierra 2500 matched with a daiwa td sol
    8-14lb rod and 15lb braid

im goin 2 use this combo for mack tuna and mackeral, also bigger flattys
    because it feels good and reely smooth but i dont no if
    it is a to heavier rod for the smaller sized reel
    what do you think??

Re: new combo but unsure

Hi

From what i've heard those tierra's are a nice bit of kit and can handle the punishment. I've got a 2500 Daiwa Caldia Kix which is spooled with 20lb braid and have handled sizeable barra from impoundments with ease. These new generation daiwa spinning reels are tough as nails.

Have a bunch of fun
    Rockfish

That combo sounds nice, I would have fitted a spool with 15lb on one spool and 12lb on the other spool. The 15lb is for the larger fish such as the Mack tuna and Mackeral, the 12lb is for flathead and other fish you wish to target. The combo sounds good though, good luck blessing it!

Tom

hello,

have similar set up as yours..........2500 tierra on tierra 6-14 lbs rod spooled with 10lbs powerpro braid.handle most fish on PPB on kayak.have owned the rig for roundabout half year and cant seem to fault it.the rod is quite responsive and light as well.........being a bit longish for kayak but after a while i get used to it.

Thats fine for what your chasing. The tierra's a tough reels. Sol rods are good too!
    (when Im dead) my biggest FEAR is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.........