Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Re: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post

Yes, Brian, ran the tape over the 555 and looked the goods. I simply liked the cockpit area of the 615 and it seemed more of a Fishing Boat and the 555 was a family / bay boat. Only my opinion.

Bimini was a big let down on the Yaltas. They looked cheap.

IMO........... Phill
    I think you are more qualified to comment on what you think you need for an offshore rig than I Phil, but if you remove the back seats(easy done) in the 555 for a serious offshore fishing trip, there's that much room you can target just about anything you want to and have room to do it. Like you, any bigger for the Navara or my TD pajero means an upgrade to the tow vehicle too, and right now, I have spent enough on recent engine overhauls to throw that idea in the bin. I'll get my moneys worth out of the old girl 1st. The Pajero will still struggle with a full load of fuel and gear anyway, any more weight than the 555 will be a snail pace and chew my 5th gear Synchro out for sure!! So it's not just the boat, it's your entire circumstance.

Scalem

Just to show fuel is not a problem with the yalta 555.
    last year at the tannum hookup i took my 555 fitted
    with a 115 4/s yamaha out past herron island and was
    approx 100k plus offshore.
    At 5000rpm it took me 2 hrs each way on 2 seperate
    days and on both days used 120 lts of fuel. This
    still left me 30 lts in the tank. I had an extra 40 lts
    in 2 jerry cans just in case.
    As for the 615 with a bigger motor i would be ordering
    it with a bigger fuel tank.
    So is fuel a problem, i do not think so.
    Graeme

Feaking bloody useless tinny and tackle show

Went there just to have a look and not buy anything

Ended up with a new car

A 4x4 holden rodeo with lost of extras

Long story We have been looking for a tow vehicle for an off road caravan and were thinking about a landcruiser, at the show they had the new Isuzu D Max range I stupidly asked the tow rating of one 3,000KG only 500 less than the cruiser and about the same price for a new one as a 2 year old cruiser.

Margo liked the look of them and so I started doing some research into them, they are the same car as the Holden Rodeo and Colorado range just different badges, I had a look at a few car yards and found a demo model at Zupps in Mt Gravatt going for the dealer cost price. All was fine I was happy to walk away with the information untill they mentioned the 30% tax rebate for ABN holders using a car for work

Taking 30% of an already cheap near new car was just a killer we test drove it and added a heap of options at the discounted price.

It should be ready to be picked up next tuesday. Apart from that I also bought a coffee and a coke but they do not seem important now

Anyone know of a good off road caravan for sale ?

Congrats on your purchase Brian.
    You will not be dissappointed regardless of what
    some my think about the yalta craft.
    You could go and spend another $20,000-00 on a
    cruise craft or allison and get the same style of
    boat which my be finished a bit better but for the
    lesser money i think the yalta is fine.
    At the end of the day sometimes you may please some
    but you will always get a knocker nomatter what you do.
    Happy boating Brian.
    Graeme