Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Re: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Planed to head down there by myself but ended up with the whole family.

Had a brief chat to the guys at All round Angler.

Watched webby 1000 show. Then the kids had an absolute ball with the birkley kids show. They got heaps of give aways, abu reels, stubby coolers, hats, packets of power baits.

Wife got a pair of quality snap on sunnys for her glasses.

I got nothin. I think that was my wifes plan go with him so he doesn't spend a million bucks.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by ash_is_me View Post
    Many better ways to spend a day. Never seen a more disorganised event starting at the website with poor interacion for people wanting to find out information best ways to attend the event and even bad online tickeing practices.

With the wife, kids and some snacks packed into the Triton we were going to make a day of the place. After sitting in traffic for 45mins around the RNA we headed to Roma Street Parklands with a disappointed 3 year old.

The organisers of the T&T need to take a good look at themselves, step up and plan for visitors to the event rather than planning for just the stall holders. Outside of exhibition times the RNA is a terrible venue and my opinion is that using an oval somewhere out of the city would be a more viable option. For such a big attraction in the marine leisure arena, there is no place for small time planning.

I would rather spend the entry fee at my local tackle shop and will do so in future.

Just my 2cents.
    Did you not expect others to be going there ??
    I drove straight into the parking area with no troubles at all..walked straight in the gate with no troubles at all. The RNA is the best venue for any of these shows..far better than the boat show at the convention centre...plenty of room to stroll around.

An oval??? and what..have one tinny on display???
    No matter what organisers do for any event there will always be someone unhappy.

I got no problem with others going and I knew they would be, despite your opinion of my thinking I do realise popularity and the sheer numbers of people going, never had a problem going to the RNA for the Ekka. Glad you drove straight in, good for you. I followed many other cars leaving the place and heading off.

By oval, similar to Gold Coast Parklands for the Caravan, Camping, 4wd, Fish and Boat show. Public parking available in greater numbers than RNA and easier access IMO. Does that improve your lateral vision to host more than one exhibitor?

Still I disgree on the RNA as the best venue when the road infrastructure around the place is insufficient for the volumes of traffic.

thedeckie and I arrived just before kickoff time, no ques to drive in, no ques at entry, no ques at food stalls and in fact we were queless ( clueless ) until a que at the Beer Tent.

Started off catching up with Ronnie and her driver,,, Johnno.

Then bumped into Bill, Webby, Ray and his 4,000 brothers, Graham, Jonno, Pinhead, Trophey, Flea and family, Mike and Bec, Nugget, Chris, Wishey, Chief, Haggis, Ben, Ron, Dale, Peter, Terry, Derek, Barry, John and probably a couple more I missed.

Always good to catch up with the Ausfish Ferets at this gig. I saw lots of tackle opportunities, good DVD bargains, a well priced 6mtr Glass boat, innovative products, both marine and offroad, easy on the eye promotion girls ( tx to thedeckies radar ), got some raffle tickets from Surf Life Savers, a pretty good steak burger ( $7.80 was a tad exy ! ), was captivated by talks from Webby, attended the ABT weigh in, managed to score a Berkley cap for my bald scone, sat in on the camp oven cooking with Derek and his Bungleboori Bread ??, cool beers with good company and of course, thanks to Trophey ( Sue ) for the lamington . Also trialled some beef jerkey. mmm.

in at 9, out at 4.30. Big day, good day, will always attend this great event.

Well, someone had to have a good day without complaints...

Phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 21-03-2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Yeah was an excellent day,

Tom

Didn't make it this year...sounded like a decent one though.
    I must say that I agree with 'ash is me' in saying that the venue is below par...or at least they should do something about the parking situation.

Pinhead, the bloke was just having his say, and as he said, not everyone gets a fair deal at these things. It's good that your experience there was great, but his obviously wasn't, so why kick a man when he's down?

Crying shame that the guest cricketer didn't have anything to say to the media regarding the green zones...

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    Didn't make it this year...sounded like a decent one though.
    I must say that I agree with 'ash is me' in saying that the venue is below par...or at least they should do something about the parking situation.

Pinhead, the bloke was just having his say, and as he said, not everyone gets a fair deal at these things. It's good that your experience there was great, but his obviously wasn't, so why kick a man when he's down?

Crying shame that the guest cricketer didn't have anything to say to the media regarding the green zones...

Cuzza
    everyone gets the same deal..you line up if there is a queue..and just wait..have some patience...my son came in there with his 2 daughters..aged 21/2 and 1 and had no problems whatsoever in getting in their with them by himself...he just had to wait a while in the queue.
    I think the RNA is the best location..plenty of room for the boats and cars and other displays etc etc...cannot think of anywhere better to have it...most is under cover.

Oh..and I am having my say also.

All i know is i ate almost 1/2 kilo of chilli beef jerky i bought after testing some? had some some golds with a few ausfishers and wife took wallet and bought a cooker.
    Tangles KFC

LOL MIke..she bought the thermo thingy???

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Always good to catch up with the Ausfish Ferets at this gig. I saw lots of tackle opportunities, good DVD bargains, a well priced 6mtr Glass boat
    Phill

Which 6 meter glass boat was that Phil?

I took a good look at 3 boats in very different leagues that met my requirements. The Yalta 615, the Tournament 2000 and the Tournament 2250. Scratched the 2250 based on weight (would need to upgrade the navara) and was not too impressed with the Yalta finish. The Tournament 2000 is starting to win me over, but the price of the yalta is hard to beat.

BTW: The tournament 2000 now sports glass stringers instead of timber. I was invited to take a look at the production facility too. Also heard a rumour that AMC might be in negotiations with another outboard manufacturer too so one has choices other than etec.

This year we got in early about 8.15am, parked in the building directly over the road from the front gate. But last year I was late and parked over between Victoria golf course and the ICB. That not open this year ??

Andy,

The Yalta 615.

A couple of cosmetic issues, but for the price you would be hard pressed to do better. Even upgrading a few items would still bring you 10K plus under the next best thing.

Had discussions about this boat.

replace / upgrade the targa
    upgrade the fuel capacity
    upgrade seat boxs
    upgrade baitboard
    Fit 175HPDI instead of the 130 yammie.

The Allison 195 was 61K as a demo model ( rrp 72K ) .
    The 615 Yalta was 42K.... on the floor.

I consider this a good deal.

bungie..... I knew there was someone else I forgot to mention.... and good to meet ya missus.

Cheers

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Mike i hope you have past all the chillie jerky through the system before our overnighter off DI, or your lovely wife will be looking for a new Husband to taste the results of the new cooker, and i wont be the only one saying this too you.

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    Mike i hope you have past all the chillie jerky through the system before our overnighter off DI, or your lovely wife will be looking for a new Husband to taste the results of the new cooker, and i wont be the only one saying this too you.
    haha..the chilli might stop the snoring !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regret to say that doesnt work Greg.

Real Andy, we looked at similar boats as well, originally went to see the Yalta 615 as I am quite keen on them, would need to upgrade the items Phil noted. Deckie then mumbled something about mustangs or tournaments, so checked them out with the wife who loved them, ie read cabin space. Salesman said they would include any motor if didnt want an etec.
    Tangles KFC