Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Re: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

I would say that you print out the Invoice and take ya D/L along for verification.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I would say that you print out the Invoice and take ya D/L along for verification.

Thanks. That is what I am guessing also.

Their online ticketing idea is OK - pretty good, in fact. They just need to say that the tax invoice is the eticket explicitly.

yes take you tax invoice with you and when you get to the gate they have a list that they check your name off as they did today for me

Joe

Being my age can I just walk through the gate??? I'll be there tomorrow arvo'.

Tom

I have to agree with Summertrance, there was not a lot of competition in the tackle displays though Allround Angler had some pretty good deals on lots of stuff.( Good on ya Peter).I saw some nice looking prawn nets there as well
    ( . I picked up a pair of spotters at a good price.
    I was shopping for a sounder/gps combo, but there was not a lot of exhibitors doing electronics either.
    Plenty of 4x4 stuff though.

Went along with Brejen and Maztez today for a look.
    Quite enjoyed the show and i thought the tackle display
    was heaps better than other years with quality to choose from.
    Brett scored a bargan buying a deck winch.
    I nearly bought the northstar gps i want but shortly i will get it.
    A word of advise go early to get a park, we got turned away
    from the car parks 3 times around lunch time today. The carpark is
    full they kept telling us until we put on a blue. There was parks everywhere
    but the dudes on the gates were told not to let anymore cars until
    they got the word. Stupid stupid idea. Who was incharge of
    this debarkle. I am sure the diffferent boat and other stall purchases
    would be pissed to know this. It costs them a fortune to hire
    a stall and the dudes turn propective boat and other item buyers
    away.
    All in all i enjoyed myself.
    Graeme

Got there at 0915 and left at 1300 due to other commitments. Parked on the race track in the Ekka grounds and by the time I finished a 20 minutes phone call, there were already four or five rows parked on the centre grassed area. It cetainly filled fast.

Not as many exibitors compared to last year, was just looking and not particularly interested in buying. Listened to Nugget's talk, collected brochures and quizzed a few exibitors. Talked to the AMM rep about some mods to my tinny.

Best boat I saw for my kind of fishing/budget was the TABS 4.2 Bullshark.
    Nicely set out. My changes would be a rod locker on the port side, get rid of the livy tank to locate an esky, 40 hp 4stroke or Etec, fuel tank under the front platform and some fiddling with the seating arrangements.

The Haines boat at the bottom of the steps also looked good and if $$$ were no problems, a couple of the AMM boats caught my eyes. Must remember the pools next Saturday.

Would have liked to listen to some more talks but just didn't have the time.

Luc

went in yesterday , got some tt jig heads 1/4 and 1/8 5 packs for $6.20 gulps 4 inch minnows for $8.20, a steve starling squidgy plastic spinnign rod 7ft for $69 and got a 24 month subscription to bush and beach and a little showbag for $79
    dont know how cheap they were but had to pick them up anyway
    was pretty good hopefully in the market for a boat when i go next year

went today and was pretty good...... $10 bucks to get in and spotters for $70...........cant go wrong cheers.........
    take a feed & leave the rest to breed

Couldn't get down
    Working some of us have to make the country go round
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

I ended up grabbin a pair of Spotters,And I also walked away with my first standup game stick.

Grabbed an 24kg 8 foot Live Fibre ,For the odd occassion where I do a little land based stuff for the ogglies that lurk off Moreton Island.Got it for a pretty good price too.

Be sure to check out the fishing simulators in the top level of the Exhibition Building.....If I wasn't workin,I'd be in it all day.

Would have bought one for home of they weren't so expensive.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Did anyone see some good deals on Bow mount Minn Kota's?

Ben

Hi all
    Checked out the show again today even though I said I wouldn't be going. Was ok-- didn't seem to be as many exhibitors and alot less fibreglass. A few more tackle stalls than last year. Renewed my subcription to BNB and had a chat to Ben.

Highlight----- Catching up with Lucky Phill and having a great chat.

LOL
    Ronnie

was in there today..spent a few bucks..another kayak..vacuseal or something that the boss wanted..and a few other bits and pieces..had a short chat with Bill Corten and Charlevile and RakinRay..PLUS..a couple of drinks with webby, the deckie, Phill and Aigutso and his wife. A good way to spend the day.

Many better ways to spend a day. Never seen a more disorganised event starting at the website with poor interacion for people wanting to find out information best ways to attend the event and even bad online tickeing practices.

With the wife, kids and some snacks packed into the Triton we were going to make a day of the place. After sitting in traffic for 45mins around the RNA we headed to Roma Street Parklands with a disappointed 3 year old.

The organisers of the T&T need to take a good look at themselves, step up and plan for visitors to the event rather than planning for just the stall holders. Outside of exhibition times the RNA is a terrible venue and my opinion is that using an oval somewhere out of the city would be a more viable option. For such a big attraction in the marine leisure arena, there is no place for small time planning.

I would rather spend the entry fee at my local tackle shop and will do so in future.

Just my 2cents.