Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Re: Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show

Hi everyone.

Glad to see plenty of Ausfishers are coming along to listen to Webby on the saturday at the fishing expo of the Tinnie and Tackle Show. I reckon he will pack the house out and who knows what secrets he will let out in the afternoon session if Pinhead and anyone else cin the crew gets him well lubricated.
    T
    here are a swag of other top performing anglers also appearing at the show over the Fri, Sat and Sun. too. Every one of them not only knows their stuff as a first rate presenter, but they will keep you entertained as well. Speaking of which, this may be Leann Payne's last boat show for a while as she is heading off in the caravan with Rob on an extended trip, so get along on Friday if you would like to tap into her broad fishing knowledge. Also on the Friday, Matt Hayden will be making a short impromptu visit to the fishing expo sometime around 11:00 for a quick interview as he is on a very tight schedule at the show. I will fit him in around our scheduled presenters and can't wait to have a chat with Matt up on the stage about a bit of cricket and fishing.

On the topic of tackle I know it has been light on at the Tinnie and Tackle in the past for a while and there are a number of reasons for this. Well last year was a big improvement on the past, but this year Jason Plant, the event manager from Marine Queensland, (the event organisers) has worked a few small miracles with tackle representation and you can safely say there will be at least double the tackle of last years show.

Listed below are the manufacturers that will be represented or present on Allround Angler's stand:
    Shimano (Rods,Reels & Acces), Daiwa (Rods,Reels,Lures) , Jarvis Walker/Jarvis Marine/Penn (Rod,Reels,Line,Electric Motors,Acces), L. Wilson & Co (Reels,Rods,Lures,Tackle,Acces), Icey Tek (Ice Boxes), Rodlok (New Rod Holder System), Alvey (Reels), Platypus (Line), Gary Howard( Rods), Tacspo (Smokers,Cast Nets,Knives), Gladiator Tackle (Rods,Reels), Tackle Tactics (Jig,Lures). All of these companies will have at least one representative present on the stand.

The following Products will also be available but without representation at this stage G.Loomis, Sunline, Shakespeare, ###########(ABU/Gulp/Berkley), Plano.

Also taking display space with tackle at the show for the first time are BCF and River to Reef. Anaconda will be exhibiting on the 4X4 side of the show, but will likely have tackle too (fingers crossed).

There will a whole precint of tackle in the new location surrounding the fishing expo under the main building downstairs from the Gregory Terrace entrance. Keep in mind the live weigh in's daily for the invitational bream tournament too with plenty of interviews with tournament anglers daily from 2:30 PM.

Hope to see you at the fishing expo at the Tinnie and Tackle show.

Cheers
    Bill Corten

Most likely heading in on the Friday .

Geday Bill,
    see you there .
    Peter
    Searaider 2

Just spoke to the boys at Allround Angler yesterday.

They said they are going to have some great deals there this year.

Cheap scissor bow mount watersnakes (limited numbers), and some great prices on eskys.

Their display is going to be about three time larger than BCFs.

neil

When was that date again?

should be a great show this year , i'll be working at the all round angler stand( set to be 3x bigger than last years area) on friday and sat so come over and say g'day and check out the specials the guys will have (big deals on penn/rovex/jw gear), but remember to get in quick because they only have limited stock , the best idea is to buy early and the good people at all round will hold the goods while you take in the rest of the show.see you all there
    cheers swano

I'm looking for a nice shiny new rod so I'll be going. Saturday I suppose.

just got off the blower to peter at all round angler and the whole team is pumped and ready for a big show with thousands of bucks worth of give aways and demos happening every hour , matty hayden will be making appearances as well as other well known fishing personalities , i will be doing a few braid to mono demos as well as other sp related topics .
    this maybe the year that the tackle makes a long awaited return to the TINNIE & TACKLE SHOW.
    cheers and see you all there swano

cheapest bottled water I got last year was being sold by some lovely ladies raising money for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. they were over towards the 4wd side of things, in a tent in the open area in between.

Heaps cheaper than the other vendors, hope they are there again this year, or I'll have to make do with just beer and no water.

Mods, if that is a breach of the rules, I apologise. It is true, and it was raising money for the RFDS with which I have no connection (and from whom I hope never to need a lift)

No problem with this........phill ( Mod )
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 20-03-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Hi All,
    Had a sneak peak round the show today at work .If ya in the market for some good sunnies make sure ya check in to the boys at the All Round Angler stand.Spotters there are at very good prices .

Regards. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Is there atm access or eftpos, or do i need to bring a stack of cash with me?
    I've never been before.

Normally and atm there or they also normally have eftpos

Just got home. Wasnt as much tackle as I expcted. Just really the BCF stand, the Large Allrounder Angler stand, and a few other small stands. If the Allround angler stand wasnt there, it wouldnt be much of a tackle show. And that allround area was very tight spaced and very busy, especially for the missus trying to negotiate the pram through there. Everything they did have seemed to be a bit cheaper then normal in the stores. The 4X4 section was heaps better I thought. Thats my opinion anyways.

Yes there is an ATM.

Ah yeh, forgot to metion The Borg was also there. Go The Borg!
    Last edited by SummerTrance; 20-03-2009 at 05:05 PM. Reason: The Borg

I agree totally with Summer Trance. Just not enough variety in fishing tackle. Very limited range of Hard Body's and other terminal tackle. I remember going to a show a while ago that was almost half boats, half tackle. Bit disappointing but still better than being at work.

If you are looking for cheap combos for the kids, missus, etc... you will find plenty of bargains.

When you buy a ticket online, what is the E-ticket? Is that a print-out of the tax invoice which you present with your driver's licence?

That is a good question.

Nowhere on the Tax Invoice does it say it is a E-Ticket.

Thank-you for your purchase!

Please find attached your Tax Invoice and confirmation details. Refund
    policy details are also included in this document.

Your receipt is in PDF format. If you do not have a PDF Viewer, you can
    download one from http://www.adobe.com/reader/ for free.

Alternatively, you can review your order at any time via the link below:

http:/( link deleted by me )

The Staff,
    Brisbane Tinnie and Tackle Show co-locating with The National 4x4 Show and
    Outdoors Expo

and this :_

YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS
    Ticket Price 2 tickets @ $10 $20.00
    Booking Fee $0.00
    Delivery Fee Please print and present e-ticket for entry $0.00
    Total AUD $20.00
    PAYMENT MADE

huh ?
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here