Thread: $100 lighter

$100 lighter

I have decided to go to monduan next and already i am a $100 lighter in the pocket and more i sold my excercise bike this morning after i had been talking fishing with Brian got $375 for it so off to the tackle store i go I brought 3 pks squidgie slicks in various colours and sizes some owner trebles & rings nitro jig heads a b52 & other plastics, storge container more hooks ect then got a hand held gps on tops of all that for $170 but that is not where it cost me money the misses held her hand out for a $100 as well but it was money well spent to get away from her for next weekend (oops ididn't say that)

shane

Re: $100 lighter

Well if that the case, next time she headed off shopping for herself, hold our your hand.

Not mine, went to that big tackle shop in Coffs yesterday, the boss bought all the gear for herself. Didn't even buy a lure for myself, would be the first time in along time for me.

Glad to have mine in the boat, great deckie, cooks well and knows how to handle a big barra. Matter of fact at a few of the dams she has the biggest for that impoundment.

Lots of wifes/partners fish as well and getting the family involved in a pastime is a great way to be able to spend money on it.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Mine fishes too well..............out fishes me at elast 8 out of ten trips

mine hates fishing and loves cricket so its a trade off i go fishing all year and i pay for her members pass at the gabba i have had 6 boats and she has been in 1 for about 2 hours lol

shane

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Well if that the case, next time she headed off shopping for herself, hold our your hand.

Not mine, went to that big tackle shop in Coffs yesterday, the boss bought all the gear for herself. Didn't even buy a lure for myself, would be the first time in along time for me.

Glad to have mine in the boat, great deckie, cooks well and knows how to handle a big barra. Matter of fact at a few of the dams she has the biggest for that impoundment.

Lots of wifes/partners fish as well and getting the family involved in a pastime is a great way to be able to spend money on it.

Regards

Trev

I'm surprised we didn't trip over each other at the Coffs Lollie shop That must be a bugger having that place on your doorsteps

I like your way of thinking ..... re - expenditure .. > thats where I went wong ............. TWICE

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thumbs up Re: $100 lighter

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    mine hates fishing and loves cricket so its a trade off i go fishing all year and i pay for her members pass at the gabba i have had 6 boats and she has been in 1 for about 2 hours lol

shane
    You can be lucky sounds like money well spent.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

My favourite shop and yes it is usually her suggestion to drop in most times. Keeping her happy is always a good receipe, just had our 38th Anniversary last Friday, nice dinner out at Nr2 Oak St Bellingen another top local spot.

In there most weeks, great stock and good prices, and know most of staff, some are close friends and the owner Reg is a nice guy. Just a local business employing locals, well worthwhile supporting.

The trips this year are planned around the fishing times, with a side trip to Barossa Valley via Broken Hill, then onto Great Ocean Road, but that trip will just be a camping and going with friends. Just a small break away from fishing. But will probably pack a rod or two.

Chris,

Sorry I missed you, its always great to catch up with fellow Ausfishers, will be at Mondy in March, if the Etec finally arrives.
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

Only a hundred mate, jeez, Ive been paying every day for the last 22 years

Nah, just jokin, shes a good girl.

Ran the grinder over the barbie this arvo mate, came up ok, give it a run this week end coming I hope!