Thread: Need rod advise please....

Question Need rod advise please....

Just ordered a baitrunner 6000D with 40lbs powerline braid and need to know what rod to get with this. I only paid about $200 for the reel and braid together so I want to keep the reel under this cost if possible. I fish in Moreton bay and estuaries and plan on the combo being a versatile set-up for a bit of everything if i can- live bait, plastics, bait and trolling bigger lures. Anyway, tell me what you think and where is best/cheapest to buy-really have no idea (not afraid of seconhand gear unless bad reports otherwise) any help will be appreciated ....
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

Re: Need rod advise please....

ugly stick platinum 6-9.5kg spin about 7ft or so is a pretty sweet rod for a 6000 bait runner i reckon mate. Only about $110 or there abouts and bcf have 20% off ugly sticks til friday or something too i think. Good snapper/mackeral and general bay rod in my opinion.

Regards,

Lachie

cheers mate I will check em out!

any other ideas as well anyone?

Angler Azagaie Fibreglass Spin 7' 10kg. I've been impressed with mine for the price; Fuji components and nicely finished for well under $100. They do a 6kg as well if you prefer, but with 40lb braid I'd go the 10.
    Gotta agree the Uglies are always good value too, though I prefer the Gold or Black Tiger series. Not the greatest finish, but strong rods the price of which won't have you crying if they get a bit of rough treatment.
    Cheers.

i Run a shimano backbone series 8 to 10kg rod with my Baitrunner cheap enough and havent had any dramas with it.. Fin nor do some awsome 2piece graphite rods for around 120 well worth a look.. guess it kinda depends on whether you intend to just live bait or bottom bash or if you also want a rod to spin with as well, am guessing mainly bait as the baitrunners dont have the best retrieve ratio.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

There are a few rods in the Shimano Revolution Offshore series that would suit. All are priced around the $200 mark. Hard to beat for the money.

I like the live fibre rods in that price range, they are a good all rounder and you can really load them up without a worry! Also the fuji runners are a bonus.