Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAMURAI REACTION BC ROD (First Impressions)

Re: SAMURAI REACTION BC ROD (First Impressions)

G'day Chris,
    I picked up the 351 yesterday, you're right that it is a fine tapered blank, but I must say that it is deceptively powerful down low, in open water and light cover I think that it should be fun. I was encouraged by an article written by Stephen Booth about a Zaneq spin stick that by his description seeme to possess the same style of action as this Samurai stick (they fished Monduran for some big barra with this stick and it performed well) and as it was probably going to cost me another deposit to get the other rod up I decided that I might chase the 451 later. As you said I think that this rod will be excellent for Barra up 80-90( although I do feel that bigger fish could be subdued with this rod on the flats and points etc if you fish it right) and Jacks and Sooties. Beautiful workmanship and finish on the rod and my new 200 Curado looks and feels awesome, so light you could cast all day...........yeah I think I'm quite happy. The minister has informed that if I want another rod this year I've got to sell off some of my other gear to pay for it, no more out of pocket purchases oh well it's all for a good cause.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by t4topcat View Post
    G'day Chris,
    I picked up the 351 yesterday, you're right that it is a fine tapered blank, but I must say that it is deceptively powerful down low, in open water and light cover I think that it should be fun. I was encouraged by an article written by Stephen Booth about a Zaneq spin stick that by his description seeme to possess the same style of action as this Samurai stick (they fished Monduran for some big barra with this stick and it performed well) and as it was probably going to cost me another deposit to get the other rod up I decided that I might chase the 451 later. As you said I think that this rod will be excellent for Barra up 80-90( although I do feel that bigger fish could be subdued with this rod on the flats and points etc if you fish it right) and Jacks and Sooties. Beautiful workmanship and finish on the rod and my new 200 Curado looks and feels awesome, so light you could cast all day...........yeah I think I'm quite happy. The minister has informed that if I want another rod this year I've got to sell off some of my other gear to pay for it, no more out of pocket purchases oh well it's all for a good cause.

Cheers

Chris
    Good stuff Chris ....... I would have looked like a goose if you said it was shite The green Curado would look good on the Samurai. ...... As I mentioned that model had some good bottom end - it surprised me ( nice action too - specially under load) ...... I'm sure you could land some good fish on it ........ let us know how you go.

Yesterday I had my first look at the little 2-4lb spin rod ....... what a little ripper.
    I really can see a couple more reactions ending up in my collection ( the bass BC will be next on the list).

cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

G'day Chris,
    whilst I understand that you have not as yet had a chance to actually fish with your new aquisition I'm keen to hear what you think of the rod when compared to a Loomis, or Egrell etc. in the way of quality of build and action etc....

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by t4topcat View Post
    G'day Chris,
    whilst I understand that you have not as yet had a chance to actually fish with your new aquisition I'm keen to hear what you think of the rod when compared to a Loomis, or Egrell etc. in the way of quality of build and action etc....

Cheers

Chris
    Hi Chris

I cant say anything bad about an Egrell for fear of a lynching & in all fairness there is no comparable rod in either the Egrell or Loomis range that I know of

I haven't owned an Egrell but I've had the use of a couple now ......... & while they are well built Qld icons ......... I have to say these Samurai s are a step up - particularly in blank design / technology ......... finer tapers with lots of power . They have more in common with a GLX Loomis blank ...... Than an Egrell ............
    If you get a chance ..... have a look at the 2-4lb Spin stick
    As for build quality ........ All that I've seen have been very good + they use Top shelf componentry ............. way better than a loomis.

If they perform anywhere near how they look & feel ........ I'm going to be a happy chappy - Time will tell

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

G'day Chris,

I'm wondering if you might be able to post a picture of the 451 Reaction when it's under a working load or provide a detailed description of the rods' behaviour when under load of a fish. I ask as I'm curious as to whether it has a definite lock up point or rather a larger parabolic curve spreading the load through the entire blank whilst still possessing plenty of grunt down low.

Cheers and thanks.

Chris