Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commercial fishers sell up in wake of new green zones

Re: Commercial fishers sell up in wake of new green zones

it's not just the green zones. it looks like my boat will be going on the market as well. As a line fisherman i will have nothing left to chase under my licence. with the incidental catch of spotty mackeral being lifted from 15 to 50 for netters they will become a target species for them and it will also flood the market forcing prices down. snapper, pearl pearch and trag will go to a new rr symbol which will only be available to people who purchased lisences pre investment warning .. 2002. leaving my licence worth nothing..

This government is so arse about face with there policies I tend to wonder what’s the point of living here. The seafood industry is worth millions of dollars in QLD alone yet Captain Bligh and all her merry puppets think that closing areas for green zones and making hundreds of fisherman go broke in some way makes economical sense. Thousands of jobs will go placing more pressure on the job market and also the doll queues, I can see the rest of us paying for this. That explains why we are seeing so many imports of foreign seafood’s again placing pressure on our own markets and environment.

When will this lady ever see reason, when will she ever stop trying to impress the greens by jumping through their hoops. Amateurs think they are hard done by, well stop and think of the pro’s and what they stand to loose. I’m not a pro lover or knocker and same goes for amateurs including myself; we need to stand united in this dictator ship that we call our QLD government. I have said it before and I will say it again, we QLD folk like to carry on about how we are getting reamed out but we would much rather see others fight for us. We screw ourselves better than the government can and they know that, we are like a self destructing teenager.

Stu

Will you be at the protest, Stu? Your passion would be valuable!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Hopefully the price of local seafood will skyrocket..then perhaps Mr Public might start asking why and looking into why.

the only thing that can save this or atleast put it on the back burner is an election in the next to 2 to 3 weeks. but that ain't going to happen. so these things will be implemented in June. Welcome to dearer seafood and more imports. Maybe we as the public should run the country because our government would rather send more money over sea's then help our own people in need. 5 mill out of a 42 billion dollar pakage to people that have lost everything yet people up north who to have lost everything turn around and send it south. A country in enconic crisis yet we can open our hearts to more then 50 mill. A premier that never sent 1 fire fighter south. why the ####s she gonna help the fishing industry...

I will be their mate, I dont have a boat but I will show my support. Maybe if Pinhead is going I can jump on board with him.

Stu

Just bring your car! You don't have to have a boat on the back. We'd love to see you there.

Cheers,

Tim

Just read Sunday's Green Mail. The amount of compensation has just upped to 21.6 million, and they are buying more licenses. Page 17. Didn't we all know that was coming?

Cheers,

Tim

Their worried about amateur fisherman, perhaps they should be looking at them selves and there own amateur performance and polices.

Stu

They didn't up the amount of compencation they only spent 6.2 mil of the 15 they had. They only bought the very cheapest of the licences,Probably not the ones with the most history. Makes alot of sence

When ever dealing with this government you should always bring at least one tub of Vaseline……. your going to need it for lube.

Stu