Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project-STEEZ

Re: Project-STEEZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    geez mate talk about gung ho...
    it was less than a week ago you were telling me about this starting this little project.
    And to put the pics up as you were doing it takes some dedication.

Im very impressed...

Tony the superhereos collection.....that Capt America reel and the white bbs gets me everytime... drool.

JIM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardb8 View Post
    http://www.tackletour.com/reviewcustomreels.html

Here ya go 86,
    Enjoy.....TT is a cool site.Full of like minded anglers.There are some passionant enthusiasts there,And alot to be learned.

G'day alphas,
    Comin along nicely m8.Are you gonna do the main body of the reel aswell,Or just the two outter side plates?

Regards. B8.
    Just read the TT articles.......got wood. Now I am really spewin I didn't grab one of the Alphas F models that were going so cheap late last year from Japan. Only reason I didn't was I was worried about the raw finish coping with some occasional salt work......a lick of paint would have fixed that!!!

looking forward to seeing your results Aplhas.

Cheers Roo.

Roo you have PM!

I'm really interested in this idea now and have a few reels I might like to have a shot at pimping.

If you wouldn't mind, could you give us some good detail, brands of paint and any pitfalls encountered.

Thanks, Josh

Thank you all for the encouragement!!It would be great if this forum had an enthusiast section,something to think about....
    http://www.tackletour.com/reviewcustomreels.html

Here ya go 86,
    Enjoy.....TT is a cool site.Full of like minded anglers.There are some passionant enthusiasts there,And alot to be learned.

G'day alphas,
    Comin along nicely m8.Are you gonna do the main body of the reel aswell,Or just the two outter side plates?

Regards. B8.
    Hey B8,when I started I planned only to do the outer side plates,just to see how it looks-the gunmetal grey/candy blue should compliment each other...I have noted the number of coats so I could match the main body later..What do you think I should do???I also plan on putting the japanese text for "custom"on the non-handle sign in white before the clear coat goes on..open to thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by flairj View Post
    I'm really interested in this idea now and have a few reels I might like to have a shot at pimping.

If you wouldn't mind, could you give us some good detail, brands of paint and any pitfalls encountered.

Thanks, Josh
    Hi Josh, I am NO WAY an accreditted painter,so please no one flame me if this isn't the right way to do things..but seeing as you have asked I will tell you.
    The paint I got was from Autobarn,they mix and pressurise spray cans in shop as you wait....I used acrylic as the plastic/magnesium mix on the steez was a consideration,was'nt sure what enamel would do to the magnesium..
    I used plastic primer on the plastic and an all in one on the magnesium.
    The biggest pitfall thus far has been the clear coat..I got some off a friend who used to work for House of kolor(big name custom paint mob)Told me it would be fine for the job....Totally wrong...The reason I have not been able to give you an update is because I have had to start again on the magnesium side.The clear was'nt compatable with the acrylic and dulled the paint.Used thinners to remove it all and have started again-laying the primer again tonight..
    I have a spray booth near me here and they are going to to do it for me next time they have some two pack clear in the gun...problem sorted.
    So I will be re-laying coats tonight and tomorrow and handing them the bits next week..

Hi Mick-san,Genki?
    I think you should do whatever your original idea is.

You have obviously planned,And thought about this project for a while.And personally,I'd like to see your reel.....Not one that has influenced by myself.

I think your ideas are sweet from what you mention.I have seen a Steez at TT that had the two outter plates done in burnt orange,And the frame was just clear coated.It looked unreal.I have an idea of what yours will turn out like,And I reckon it will be great.

As you mention you have the option later to do the frame,If "YOU" so desire.

Your idea of the Japanese text on the side will definantly be a winner if your calligraphy is good.Classy touch.

I have had my own scheme in the works for my Steez for a while also.

I hope to replicate the finish on my Meigeki,Black with metallic brown spots.
    Scan the text on the right side plate,Of a right handed Pixy (Engineered by Daiwa) and transfer it to the same location on my Steez.On my left side plate will be :- Hardb8 tuned,with a picture of a skull backed by two crossed cuttless's.(Jolly Roger with swords instead of bones) All my decals I plan on getting my friend to make on the computer.Get them printed in gold,And apply them before the clear finish coats go on the reel.

I just can't find the time.

Lookin foward to seeing ya finished product.

Following this with intrest. B8-san.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Hi Mick-san,Genki?

Hai wakarimasu! Anata wa eigo o hanashimasu ka ?

Cheers B8,your thoughts are appreciated...That combo you have in mind would be an eye opener!!A definate one of a kind..Only doing the reel for kicks,something to do while I'm here at work..

Will keep updated as things progress

Lovin the samurai poses

Anata wa eigo o hanashimasu ka ?
    lie wakarimasen

Cheers B8,your thoughts are appreciated...That combo you have in mind would be an eye opener!!A definate one of a kind
    Do itashi mashite...Domo arigato gozaimasu.

Lovin the samurai poses
    Alphas-san.....Don't go there. You may spur me to reply in a particular thread.And wright some wrongs. ATM,I'm holding my tongue.

Konbanwa.....B8-san. way 2
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

lie wakarimasen

Do itashi mashite...Domo arigato gozaimasu.

Alphas-san.....Don't go there. You may spur me to reply in a particular thread.And wright some wrongs. ATM,I'm holding my tongue.

Konbanwa.....B8-san. way 2
    Its all greek to me

lie wakarimasen

Ha you have got a good sense of humor,B8...No what you mean about the pose thing

Toire wa doko desu ka?

Quote Originally Posted by alphas View Post

Toire wa doko desu ka?
    Lie, wakarimasen....Yes but By the Power of Google!!!!...Its out the back mate. Check for spiders tho'.

I tried typing “look how clever i am i found this on google” in to the english Japanese translator...However my translator no comprende

Alphas san do we have an update on the paint job ka...

Many fujibishi wasabi desu

JIM
    What would Macgyver do . . . . . ?

Well done all...bit o'fun

Nah Jim,no more has been done mate...ordered some of the ceramic bearings from B.S.C today,painting is now all done and will drop off for the clearcoat on monday...have a good weekend

Update...

One side to go...

Great work Mick san!

It's looking classy, can't wait to see the finished product.

You've got me inspired now, I've been scouring the net looking for a good deal on a Pixy so I can make a PixZilla (have wanted to do that for ages)

Cheers
    Tony

I love the job, it has really come up good. How much do you want.

Lol. Joke.

I might need to give it a shot. Cant wait to see the finished peice.