Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Exclamation Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

A car & boat rally is being held in Brisbane on Saturday 28th February 2009

This is a "MUST” attend event. Every fisherperson needs to know about this rally ! If everybody does nothing - nothing will be done !

Why attend ?

Simple, closing fishing areas is not going to fix the sustainability problem with Moreton Bay. The EPA has approved 15% of the dugong sea grass beds to be dredged for the airport extension and the pollution running into the Bay has not decreased but increased….yet they blame us for their mistakes. Recreational anglers are part of the solution, not the problem! So come make your voice heard.

The meeting point will be located on Lavarack Ave in Eagle Farm where we will proceed through the City and onto Colmslie for a BBQ in the park for those that want to catch up for a yarn and feed.

We will be mustering at 9:30am and departing at 10am Sharp

This is a great opportunity to show the strength, unity and resolve of the recreational Fisher Folk of Moreton Bay and SEQ. Recreational fisherman are part of the solution, not the problem ! It’s now up to you !

The full PDF file and route map can be downloaded from the SOBA webiste.
    Click here -----> http://www.saveourbay.org.au/Protest...Publishing.pdf

If anyone wants the PDF file emailed to them to print off and distribute then send me a PM

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Even if the wind is zero, and the barometer is 1025, I will be there, with Bubi in tow.

I hope everyone will commit to this, it's the first day of the rest of our fishing lives, if we want one!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I'd love to be there, but I'll be (hopefully) recovering well in a Gold Coast hospital.

Cheers,

Wags

I'm in.

Does anybody else have a 40 channel uhf in the vehicle so that we at the back may get updates to the convoys progress. Pick a channel if you do.

Chris

we will be there with bells on. what about chanel 15 on uhf

Wags, get well soon ! there are plenty of fish to chase.

Thanks Timiboy, Angla & The-easyrider with your support we can make an impact !

I think its a great idea and I will be there. but really will it change whats going to happen? I hope it does but I think not........ better now than never..........

chevyJ,

The protest wont change the new zonings that come into affect on 1st March.

What we want to do is expose the myth that recreational anglers have a negative impact on Moreton Bay ! There are far more bigger issues affecting our bay and it aint got nothing to do with recreational anglers !

Personally I am and many others on the East coast of Australia are sick of being the scapegoat for poor enviromental practices of the past !

Yes it can change things and the timing is perfect witha state election looming. As a former political media adviser I know that party machines will be going big time on polls of issues that could impact big time on party support (a la koala road which screwed Wayne Goss). What we need to do is relate the issue to the merson on the street and find grounds which will threaten their lifestyle as well as those who fish recreationally.

Too elaberate on my last post you only have to visit the ECOfishers website to see the BS being thrown around in relation to fishing bans. Recreational aglers in NSW are going through the same BS we are ! When will the rot stop ! On Feb 28th !

Great guys I'll be home for this one count me in!

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    Too elaberate on my last post you only have to visit the ECOfishers website to see the BS being thrown around in relation to fishing bans. Recreational aglers in NSW are going through the same BS we are ! When will the rot stop ! On Feb 28th !
    While I completely agree with your feelings BR, this rally is only the first step in a long drawn out process. In order to make an impact with the political masters, we have to generate enough momentum to make them realise that going ahead with their plans will cost them more votes than they will win by reversing their decsion and admitting it is BS. This is how green politics works eg OK Anna, you go ahead with this plan, aand you'll lose X voters across Qld, and that could lose you Y seats, which will chuck you out of government.

Black rat has the link for the pdf file of the flyer in the original post for this thread and I urge everyone to print at least 50 or more if you can.I have already got two local tackle shops to put the flyer in their front window with more on their counters for people to take as well.Take them to your local fish & chips shop,your corner store ,your workmates just get them out there,the more the better.If you explain what we are really about,that we do believe in conservation for the future based on science and fact not scaremongering and backdoor deals most are happy to support.

Cheers Craig

I will be there by is there any chance of getting the protest leaflet into the papers be the local or courier mail so others get to know of this or maybe get a lnp person to comslie to give there side for the future or even the current gov to get our point accross would be a photo op for them
    Just asking
    shane

shane

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    The EPA has approved 15% of the dugong sea grass beds to be dredged for the airport extension and the pollution running into the Bay has not decreased but increased….yet they blame us for their mistakes.

Actually Damo I don't think they are blaming us for their mistakes but rather using us as a scapegoat to cover up their own iniquities and wrong decisions. I will try to attend but may be working that day so will have the cause in my thoughts. I have attended previous rallies and would normally get there when possible but that was before the new job. Hope all goes well and there is loads of support on this occasion. Just remember everyone that there is a huge difference between voicing opinions civilly and venting anger about what you believe in. Do not end up on the news as an angry mob as that will be detrimental to our cause.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.