Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Folks,

If you are going to be at the rally, bring your boat!!!! THE MORE THE BETTER!!!

Remember - our biggest enemy is apathy. If there is one thing this year you don't sacrifice to a long lie in, or "it looks good out there I'll fish instead" or "raining too much", IT IS THIS!

It's time for Recreational Anglers to tell the world we're here, and we've had enough!!!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    We need to get more ads out, last time we did the brissy river run, we had under 50 boats, not enough, we need to get this seriously advertised news, radio and tv.

We also need to make sure we get 500 boats there, We also need some crediblity with celebrities that may back us, ET, Bushy, Webby, Corten and the like. Make sure there faces are seen on camera.
    This is spot on. There have been 3 previous boat rallies, of which I have participated in 2. All have featured underwhelming support from fishers and boaties. If we can't get at least 500 boats along to this rally it will be a failure.

What are the organisers of this protest rally doing this time which is different to previous rallies to ensure there is a massive rollup?

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This is spot on. There have been 3 previous boat rallies, of which I have participated in 2. All have featured underwhelming support from fishers and boaties. If we can't get at least 500 boats along to this rally it will be a failure.

What are the organisers of this protest rally doing this time which is different to previous rallies to ensure there is a massive rollup?

Jeremy
    We are relying on you to help spread the word! We have flyers in shops, people handing out flyers at ramps, business emailing all their clients etc. So make sure you drag your mates along, print out the flyers and hand them around and stick them up at your local shops etc. We really need yours and every other ausfish members help to make this work.

Nugget will be talking to an anonymous Radio Star about it on Sunday morning.

Print Flyers, put them on the bench at you tackle store, after checking with the manager. I haven't found a manager yet who isn't interested, just tell 'em how much it will cost them!

Visit ramps, talk about it. "See that out there Mate? If we don't get something done, that'll be a Marine Park at the edge there. Yup, just there." Point at his feet.

Tell him his boat will be worth naff all if he can't fish anywhere.

It friggin IS happening in your back yard, bud!

Cheers,

Tim

Current stats:
    2009 - 28th Feb Car/Boat Rally = 16,010 views - 2 weeks to go
    2008 - On water Rally = 5327 views
    2007 - Car/Boat rally = 7891 views

There is no excuse really just about every active member in the last week has seen the 28th Feb 2009 Rally Flyer.

I wasn't involved behind the scene in previous rallies but attended both. I believe that the rally has been put out there really well with people hitting the local ramps, emailing friends the flyer to now a radio interview. Without funds for advertising it's hard but with people dipping into there own back pockets to print of and distrubute flyers the message is out there.

A big thanks to those that have already hit the ramps, tackle shops, Marinas and other bussiness. This weekend will be slim pickings for hitting the ramps so we should take the time to ring an old fishing buddy and tell them about the rally, get them involved !

Self motivation is the secret to success

I called 3 old fishing buddies today and 2 of them Rat and Cam will be there !
    Who have you called ?

I have been handing around fliers at work.

One of the techs from the Gold Coast didn't even kow about it. After seeing the map and how it was going to affect his local spot, he is on board as is his brother and fishing partner.

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

How many Ausfish members are there and out of all of these members, who out of them live in and around Brisbane? If each of these members gave up just one day to be at the rally I would guess the turnout would be awesome. By all means invite whoever you know owns a boat and get them along but let's make sure we leave a HUGE impression on the public on this one or EPA will make it so that we will be flat out wetting a line in our own bath tubs. I am going to make sure I am there once again. Hope to see a big crowd this time.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Remember, you DO NOT have to bring a boat! Just a car is fine, or even if you're on foot, there will be room in a car.

Cheers,

Tim

This Saturday my day is fully booked, meaning I won’t be able to hand out flyers or do a windscreen drop at the following ramps.

Wello point
    Raby Bay
    Vic Point
    Redland bay

I am looking for volunteers who can fill the void for me on this Saturday.

Last Sunday I distributed approximately 200 flyers at these ramps, I have also arranged flyers for Leisure Marine and Budds bait & tackle.

It would be good for others to post here, so we can see what areas are being covered and where the gaps arr that need to be filled ASAP.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I posted this in the Poll thread for the rally, but it may not be seen by as many there. Apologies for the duplication.

Marine Parks and Zones are not just a NSW and Qld issue either. In SA we are being lumbered as well, but we are a bit behind your schedule.

It's probably worth pointing out that fishers spend more time on the water, are more personally familiar with the marine world and take more individual actions to maintain the marine environment - on a daily basis - than greenies ever will.

It's not environmental theory to us, it's part of our lives.

Make a lot of noise.

Best wishes from SA.

If you would like to help us out with your experiences with Marine Parks and Zones please go to:-

http://www.strikehook.com/component/...78/board,83.0/

Regards,
    RJ

I can't attend, though i would if I had the resources, its a pity something like this wasn't organised for the GBR zoning, if something of this scale went ahead, then maybe the moreton bay zoning wouldn't have even gotten a mention in parliarment.

Hi Scott,

I hear ya mate however there may be some chances to do a "hey we haven't gone away" thing up there to put the GBRMPA and Co. on notice that fishos are still there, still obeying the rules and watching them.

Watch this space later this year.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RJ5023 View Post
    I posted this in the Poll thread for the rally, but it may not be seen by as many there. Apologies for the duplication.

Marine Parks and Zones are not just a NSW and Qld issue either. In SA we are being lumbered as well, but we are a bit behind your schedule.

It's probably worth pointing out that fishers spend more time on the water, are more personally familiar with the marine world and take more individual actions to maintain the marine environment - on a daily basis - than greenies ever will.

It's not environmental theory to us, it's part of our lives.

Make a lot of noise.

Best wishes from SA.

If you would like to help us out with your experiences with Marine Parks and Zones please go to:-

http://www.strikehook.com/component/...78/board,83.0/

Regards,
    RJ
    RJ mate, I will definately spend some time in your forum. I will be in contact with you.

The more rec fishos on board the better. Multiple states could well make a scene for federal politics. Think about the NRA in the USA. Whilst I dont like to make comparisons to them, they do have numbers and it does affect a lot of political descisions.

RJ,

I joined up last night

It's great (and somewhat alarming!) to see that not only QLD & NSW and now SA are going through the same issues without a recreational angler say on these issues !

We as Rec Anglers need to unite together ! Is it a pie in the sky theroy ????????? ? Hell NO ! We need a National voice for All Recreational Anglers in this country.

This rally is being supported by rec anglers in NSW through ECOfishers for a QLD rally ! And we will do the same

This is just the start of a small sea swell coming soon