Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you lost a phone whilst fishing?

Have you lost a phone whilst fishing?

Just taking part in a thread in the reports section in regards to lost phones whilst fishing so i thought i would put a thread up to see how many people have lost phones.

Like i said in that post it wont be long before the fishies have a better communication system than ours.

Come on don't be shy how many have you lost.

I'll start and say i have lost 1 whilst fishing and 1 fried whilst washing my boat down.

neil

Re: Have you lost a phone whilst fishing?

Yes in 125 ft of water off the Gold Coast. Have you found it?

Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Yes in 125 ft of water off the Gold Coast. Have you found it?

Chimo
    Nah but i did see a big snapper talking on the phone whilst swimming. That one might have been yours.

Wheres the water police when you need them

neil

ask Webby, he knows all about this sort of thing

yes, but will he really tell us exactly how many he has lost.

hi all,
    i recon the phone companes must make a fortune out of fisho's. almost ever fisho i know has given a phone a swim.
    my tally is 2, one at the spinnaker marina and one out off hutchies in 100+ meters.now i buy the $50 ones dosen't hurt as much
    cheers
    dazza

guilty...lol but the replacement is nicer even if tied to a 2 year contract

Had to dob me in, didnt ya Matt. Well i"ll be honest.
    As to how many well i've racked up around four that i can think of, since the damn things were invented and two digital cameras, although the last digi wasnt my fault but the skipper of a certain boat who tried to sink us crossing sth passage, late last year.
    Not proud of it, but shit happens and there the last thing on my mind when fishing.
    So you could say i have a hotline to the fish in moreton bay.
    Have even had a float able waste belt thingy donates to me to stop the above from happening again.
    But i've never lost a rod or reel overboard.
    regrds

2 for me as well. One was just me being stupid and walking into the water with it in my pocket. Forgot it was on me, first fried phone. Second one was on a trip to Broughton Is. In a tender and i was looking at the cabins we were staying in not how close we were to the beach. Tender hits sand, i fall out into about 10" of water. Dented ego, fried phone number 2. New phone is a cracker though with sat nav and work pays for them.

Scott

lost 1 , was anchored at crusoe ,siting in my tinnie with the phone on the seat when a huge cruiser goes by the wake made it go for a swin but not over board but into the water about 1 inch deep in the back of my tinnie

Fried 2 in the last 2 offshore trips.

I was standing in the surf on the Teewah beach a year or so ago when I felt this strange vibration against my leg. No - it wasn't an amorous dogfish humping my leg - just the mobile breathing its last. At least the sim card was still OK so I didn't have to reprogram the next one.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Lost two, both fell thru the brest pocket while rigging up. Even with the velcro done up still manages to find the drink. Now i either keep it in me back pack or jeans pocket.
    cheers
    dunks

Finished a day on the Bay and left my wallet and phone on the gunwale while tying the boat down at the Raby Boat Ramp. Got home and started pulling everything out for cleaning, oopppppssssss .... phone on gunwale but no wallet.
    So technically, I haven't lost a phone fishing.
    Did 2 runs back to the ramp but obviously someone had picked it but no wallet returned.
    How that freaking phone stayed on without falling off I'll never know!!!!! I rather have lost it than the wallet.
    If you've ever lost your wallet you'll realise how hard it is to prove who you are.
    Cheers

Oh its a long story. I take a mate out and he reckons he has got the marks to a great spot near the shoals where at night you catch great reds and redthroats . So out we go and I punch in the Co-ords and they are pointing me south away from the area where we are supposed to be heading.
    Mate i say Are you sure these marks are right. I think they are pointing me at the Tannum Sands fish and chip shop.
    Anyway he's confused and i'm confused so out we go to the area that I know is right.
    Mate I say now this is the Shoals and your marks are way to hell back there????
    So I pull my mobile out the box where I keep it for safe keeping and he calls his mrs to get co-ords off his GPS. He hands me the phone back just as Im onto a fish and I slip it in my shirt pocket until I deal with the fish. Bummer
    Reach over to grab a bucket of water to keep baldy bream alive until I can get big line and bye bye CDMA. Damn
    Turned out his young bloke and gone out to seal rocks and stuffed up all his GPS waypoints.
    Cost $400 for new Next G and no new hot GPS mark
    CDMA technology was on the way out anyway
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE