Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

I did notice in the Borg interview on nine there was a tinny in the background on the water that looked to have a big blue ausfish sticker???

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

There you go dogsbody.
    David

Gibson, David Francis
    Last Updated: 18 September 2008
    Electorate
    gympie View : Electorate Map >>

Party LIBERAL NATIONAL PARTY (LNP) 9 SEPTEMBER 2008
    national Party (npa) 9 SEPTEMBER 2006 – 9 SEPTEMBER 2008
    Date of Election : 9 September 2006 View : Speeches by David Gibson >>
    View : Inaugural Speech >>

Parliamentary Service
    Shadow Minister for Sustainable Environment and Climate Change and Shadow Minister for Clean Energy Strategy from 12 August 2008. Member, Estimates Committee F, 2008. Member, Speaker’s Advisory Committee from 26 February 2008. Shadow Minister for Sustainability, Climate Change and Innovation 29 January 2008 – 12 August 2008. Campaign Spokesman from 29 January 2008. Member, Public Accounts Committee from 11 October 2006.Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to Shadow Minister for Infrastructure. Shadow Minister for State Development, Shadow Minister for Employment and Industrial Relations 21 September 2006 - 29 January 2008.
    Current Parliamentary service is highlighted in green.
    Military Service
    Captain, Australian Army
    Personal
    Born Fremantle, Western Australia, 13 October 1967. Married, three children. Education - Graduate, Royal Military College, Duntroon (ACT). Prior to election - General Manager, The Gympie Times Pty Ltd; Army Officer. Interests - Family, Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    I did notice in the Borg interview on nine there was a tinny in the background on the water that looked to have a big blue ausfish sticker???

Cheers Craig
    LOL, woe betide the fisho who puts up a report about how badly they went on the Bay today!

NO SYMPATHY!!!!

I should also have thanked Joe, AKA Oldboot, for his high quality marshalling this morning. Seeing him driving up Lavarack Avenue at 9:40 in his ute with 8 or ten cars behind him (and a bloody huge grin on his face!!!) warmed my heart! And stalking about with rod in hand and the fluoro vest, the man WAS the part!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

A big thanks to Damian for giving me a ride today. I do appreciate it my newly acquired friend. Although we were at the front of the rally, I'm sure it had some effect on the people following and watching from the sideline's. Good to meet you Timi Boy,Rakinray an all the others(I was the bloke handing out route map's/terms and conditions and change at the bar-b -q). Power to the people and we are the f***ing people!!!!!! Kudo's my fellow Ausfisher's. Maintain the rage and if the LNP get in don't let them forget the promises they made............
    Cheers.........Terry...............
    ps,,, Damian should have a heap of photo's to post(cause I took plenty) so get to it mate!!!
    Cheers...........Terry................

I dont want to be pessimistic, and i no you no him well David DNEJ, (David Gibson) that is.
    But up until a week or so ago, the LNP had no Policies/Agenda's or Intentions out lined on Recreational/Commerical Fishing/Green Zones etc in regards to Moreton Bay.
    I no his speech today regarding their review and getting scientific evidence on the green zones, put a smile/grin on most there.
    But was it all election talk to swing the fishing votes, or are we to help put the LNP into power and see if there talk is all true.
    As there are bigger things on the agenda from both parties that effects a lot more then the minority votes from fishers in swinging the election votes.
    Time to sit and ponder ???????

Quote Originally Posted by webby View Post
    I dont want to be pessimistic, and i no you no him well David DNEJ, (David Gibson) that is.
    But up until a week or so ago, the LNP had no Policies/Agenda's or Intentions out lined on Recreational/Commerical Fishing/Green Zones etc in regards to Moreton Bay.
    I no his speech today regarding their review and getting scientific evidence on the green zones, put a smile/grin on most there.
    But was it all election talk to swing the fishing votes, or are we to help put the LNP into power and see if there talk is all true.
    As there are bigger things on the agenda from both parties that effects a lot more then the minority votes from fishers in swinging the election votes.
    Time to sit and ponder ???????
    Maybe, just maybe, the LNP did had the policy finalised but waited until the election was called to release their intentions. Just a thought!!!!

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I thought it was a very well run and organised rally and I was proud to be a part of it.
    If I may I would like to pose a question.

Where were all the fishing industry people. The owners and their staff who need the fisher people to sustain their businesses. I don't understand why the likes of Springwood Marine, BCF, Northside Marine, Leasure Marine, Crew Marine, Alvey Reels, BLA , etc, etc, etc weren't there. Surely they would want more people to be involved in fishing and not make it harder for the fisher person to enjoy their sport.
    Maybe they were there, I am happy to be corrected!!

Well Eileen, the only representative there was Crawford marine as far as i could tell.

I cannot speak on the others behalf, but most of who you mentioned would be a supporter / sponsor of the MBAA, and I suppose they feel they are represented by them.

SOBA is the recreational fishermens voice etc......... but in saying that, I get your point.

With the election is full swing, the candidates will be kissing babies and and offering bags of gold for your vote.

We will remain focused and vocal and we will achieve our goals.

Thanks for turning up with Yak on top.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well someone's gotta play devils advocate Webby and it might as well be you!! Your right though, how much can be taken at face value as fact and how much is propaganda to tilt your vote?? A policy formulated in a week or so (maybe it was being discussed for longer?!) and projected to us today.... I hope everything he said was gospel.... I don't trust any of the bastards at the moment but you have to vote for someone..... Maybe fisher folk should declare their own state/territory. Born and bred here but time's they are a changing.................
    Cheers.......Terry..........

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    LOL, woe betide the fisho who puts up a report about how badly they went on the Bay today!

NO SYMPATHY!!!!
    I need to make this known quite clearly.

Members of the forum who harass other members for posting fishing reports will incur infractions and may be banned from the site.

There have already been a number of members dealt with in this way.

Members should be permitted to post fishing reports without harassment.
    Regards

mod5

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    I need to make this known quite clearly.

Members of the forum who harass other members for posting fishing reports will incur infractions and may be banned from the site.

There have already been a number of members dealt with in this way.

Members should be permitted to post fishing reports without harassment.
    Couldn't agree more. I did preface my comment with "LOL"!

Webby, you're right. As I stood, listened, and applauded, I thought to myself "Mate, you'd better come through or we will nail you oh so very hard, right in the keester." We will need to keep the bastards honest (though I never was a Democrat, thanks for that one Don.)

If they are blowing the sunshine, by the next election we will be, well, quite a sizeable force, and we will deliver as they have delivered, in kind.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

This is but the start.
    Yeah I know we have had other rallies. The thing is, each rally makes us smarter and bigger.
    We have a very strong foundation to build on and we need to be out there at every event that involves fishing.
    Lets get on with it and get the job done.
    Remember the fishing persons motto " NEVER GIVE UP"

Cheers
    Stue.

Guys I honestly wouldn't believe a thing these pollies are saying, as others have said, they'll buy your vote and do the backflip on their promises as soon as they are in power.

"Ultimate power corrupts ultimately"

As for Borgs comment on spending 3 mill on research, the research is already there and we all know its not the Commercial or Rec fisho's killing your bay, its the pollution being put in the bay by Government subsides companies pumping all their crap into the system.

I think they'll back flip on the green zone 1 line per person also.

Be a first if he followed through!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

Levinge, you are probably right about the pollies mate but labour and the greens will not fix the problem. That only leaves LNP as our only hope.
    As for the research I have found that the pilot studies and terms of reference for a lot of the 'science' already used by EPA etc is now being looked at by CSIRO. The reason being is that it is flawed. You will most probably find that the only outcome of each of the research projects had already been decided eons ago but just needed the tiniest bit of cred to be passed by the government.
    There is a huge amount of 'other research' out there that disproves the common theories but would not or most likely never be used.

Shane

Whilst I know its just election rubbish, the fact that the LNP exposed the lies regarding the science of moreton bay almost wins me over. What I would like to see is the response from marine scientist that (i forget the name) analysed the documents, becuase without that then as far as i know the LNP is probably telling lies. However, it does raise the point to the general public which is very good.

BTW. Despite what has been said, a PhD student doing a thesis paper is still very relevant research. How relevant depends on exactly what the research topic was and how it came about. If they are just compiling a whole bunch of published papers with no field work then one has to question the credibility. Why dont they just make it available to the public??

I still think the fact that the LNP acknowledging recreational fishing and boating is a good thing. They will be getting my vote. I dont like the borg, but I hate bligh even more. So its a better of 2 evils I guess.

Webby,
    I agree with you , based on the politics of the past.
    However, David Gibson, has been battling with the project, since the last boat rally on the river. He does his homework.

This is not just because of the election, he really believes that the way labor went about the zones, was wrong.
    Its hard to find a genuine bloke, but this guy appears to be just that. We will have to wait and see, the result.

At least we have someone , already in position, to give it a shot.
    David