Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Here's a few more pics.
    A great day out.
    Thanks for the barby guy's. It was fantastic.
    Cheers
    Stue

Forgot to say thanks to the organisers of the rally.
    A really HUGE well done and thank you! You put in a great effort.

Just watched Ten news at 5pm. Only thing I saw was Laurence Springborg doing the "hows it going catching anything?" rounds at Wello Pt Jetty earlier today.

Mike

Well got a look at the rally just now on 9 News.

Chris got a few words in, so did ol' Lucky Phil and Brooke.

Looked a good roll up, well done to all.

Mike

geez I have a head for radio! I really am not the media type, but it gets our story across.

Thanks for the support Mike.
    Cheers,
    Chris

7 and 9 gave it a go, but 9 got the gong, I reckon.

Chris lamenting the pollution, then

"These Fishermen are not against Green Zones" So true!!! Backed up by the dulcet tones of Lucky Phill.

Alison, I love you. Just don't tell Mumsy!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Good to see the message got out there. Pity they did'nt have that other pollie that was at the BBQ on there. He speaks with more conviction than the dull tones of Springborg.

Big thanks to those who organised the rally and thanks to all who joined in the drive. Kudos to all.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

and a thanks to those important people that were involved...the sausages were yummy..thanks.

I watched 10 then 7 and missed the story on 9. Damn. Tail end charlie was a pretty good spot to be with no hassles from traffic at all. Just a little slow going at times.

I didn't realise the gateway is Etoll only now and had to return through the city which was terrible from the Storey Bridge till past the Royal Hospital.

The sausages were cooked well and thanks to all that put on the BBQ and organised the day. I hope the promises from the pollies will eventuate into real policies and proper management of the Bay and its water quality.

Chris

I missed channel 10 but I did catch 7 & 9,I thought we got some excellent coverage being,Top effort to damien for being so involved in the organisation for today,chris and phil both very well spoken, and everyone else who helped out and turned up for what was a great day thankyou very much.here are a few more pics.

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

It felt kind of good driving down Edward Street and looking in the rear vision mirror and seeing boat after boat come round the corner and down the hill. Would've liked to see more though. Well done to everyone who made the effort to turn up. At least we got a few cameras out there and got a few people taking a look. The LNP seem to have gotten the message. But we'll need to hold them to it if they get in. I don't trust pollies as far as I can throw one of those damn squidgy resin heads. So we need more letters and emails to your local members or candidates asking about what is being done. This should let them know today wasn't a fizzer and we won't go away.

Thanks Terry and all others associated with organising this event.

We should all take time to thank

- Damo, alias Black Rat, for his tireless efforts putting this together.
    - Chris Ryan, for stirring up the connections, getting the press involved, and providing great leadership.
    - all the boys on the BBQ.
    - Phill for good info, tables, BBQ, and tying so much together.
    - Those who got the placards organised.
    - All who turned up, behaved well, and made it a success.
    - All who've harrassed and harangued the LNP to get this issue to the top of the heap.
    - All who couldn't make it but supplied their encouragement nonetheless.
    - The Police who helped us out.
    - Anyone else I've forgotten!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

A good 2 spots for Chris's ugly mug on the ABC news.

Good one mate.

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    We should all take time to thank

- Damo, alias Black Rat, for his tireless efforts putting this together.
    - Chris Ryan, for stirring up the connections, getting the press involved, and providing great leadership.
    - all the boys on the BBQ.
    - Phill for good info, tables, BBQ, and tying so much together.
    - Those who got the placards organised.
    - All who turned up, behaved well, and made it a success.
    - All who've harrassed and harangued the LNP to get this issue to the top of the heap.
    - All who couldn't make it but supplied their encouragement nonetheless.
    - The Police who helped us out.
    - Anyone else I've forgotten!

Cheers,

Tim
    Tim I can only come up with two more.
    1 george Lang from BAILEY ROAD HOT BREAD at Deception Bay for donating the bread for our BBQ.George wishes he could have been there but when you run a small bussiness these days you just cant be everywhere.Thanks george.
    2.Steve/AUSFISH from allowing us to use his forum to actively promote our cause.

Any more???

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

I thought it was a very well run and organised rally and I was proud to be a part of it.
    If I may I would like to pose a question.

Where were all the fishing industry people. The owners and their staff who need the fisher people to sustain their businesses. I don't understand why the likes of Springwood Marine, BCF, Northside Marine, Leasure Marine, Crew Marine, Alvey Reels, BLA , RWB, etc, etc, etc weren't there. Surely they would want more people to be involved in fishing and not make it harder for the fisher person to enjoy their sport.
    Maybe they were there, I am happy to be corrected!!

Thanks to all that were there and all those that spent counless hours organising it.

We can make a difference

We are not beer drinking drongos as depicted in all the TV ads.