Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

Re: Save Our Bay Rally 28th February 2009

i'll be there
    Last edited by BayDog; 08-02-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: oops

Good call poodroo. I wonder also wehther we could link somehow to other fishing websites like QFM (fishingmonthly.com.au) sweetwater, and Brisbane fishing so that all anglers are aware of what is occuring

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Good call poodroo. I wonder also wehther we could link somehow to other fishing websites like QFM (fishingmonthly.com.au) sweetwater, and Brisbane fishing so that all anglers are aware of what is occuring
    Advertise it where you want. If you are a member of other fishing forums then make sure you throw it up there too.

I'll be there, with Boat in Tow. I got permission from the other half last night.

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

I will be there.
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    I'd love to be there, but I'll be (hopefully) recovering well in a Gold Coast hospital.

Cheers,

Wags
    Hey bitch hows the fishing
    www.keepleft.com.au make your own fishing group

Thanks, will try to be there but I am required to be in NSW for a couple of weeks.

Thanks, I may have a new vessel by then, so I will come along.

BTW, make sure you have your Ausfish stickers on
    If men are from Mars, and women are from Venus, politicians must be from uranus ?

Other than the hand outs, what sort of signage are we looking to put on the sides of the boats etc?

Just after some direction.

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

We will try and make it too.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Great idea, Hope it helps, Marlydog

Its my birthday weekend but I am trying to make it up from Coffs, If I can escape I will try and grab a mates boat from Brisvagas and join in

we have been done over down here so make some noise and show you too don't want to be the scapegoat

people power and the squeaky wheel gets the oil

good luck with it folks, keep up the fight

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by harry_h01 View Post
    Other than the hand outs, what sort of signage are we looking to put on the sides of the boats etc?

Just after some direction.

Harry
    Hi Harry,

This is all about the real issues that affect the Bay. We are looking at pollution issues caused by run-off, we are looking at the hypocrisy that is shutting fisho's out for dugong seagrass yet 15% of it gets sucked up by the dredge. If fishing is the only thing that is wrong (as all the closed fishing grounds would suggest), why has the Bligh Government now gone to the trouble of legislating against run-off in the GBR? Isn't her own back yard good enough for this to be done here too?

The other main point which is a sign on its own is "Recreational Fisherman are par of the SOLUTION, not the problem". We're are eco-warriors in our own right, we pickup after ourselves, we collect others crap, we make sure released fish are done so carefully, we service our motors, we are moving to direct injection 2 and 4 strokes as money affords. We are using more biodegradable lures etc etc etc. We are NOT the rednecked losers that Simon Baltais wants everyone to believe.

We care for OUR Bay. Our slogans and banners will reflect this.

Lucky_Phill has done some up already and as Black_Rat is running this project for us, he may well have some others to use so watch for his guidance.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris

I'll also try to be part of the main procession, as I did last time, we assembled the southside bunch at the Gateway Truckstop then headed over together, which worked really well. Suggest we do the same again except can I suggest if anyone does not have their e-toll organized, now is the perfect time to get it done, ( its inevitable as they will abolish manned booths) so we don't have any stragglers looking for change at the toll . https://www.etoll.com.au/etoll/

Poodroo already said what I was about to, but I'll add to it. Stay professional guys and be courteous in traffic and to people we speak with.

A time for the southside roundup to be set shortly, open to suggestions.

Scalem

We should also look at doing something about some of the ads on TV. Not exactly helping our cause when these ads depict us as a bunch of beer drinking idiots.