Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Targeting big impoundment barra

Re: Targeting big impoundment barra

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    No Brian, I won't be engaging the services of John’s chartering business. Having said that, I did pass on John’s details to a friend who is flying up in a couple of months. He has enlisted John’s services and I wish them both the best of luck.

Prior to my retirement many years ago I also had a charter operation and would like to think I’ve learnt enough to get me by over the years. The best anglers I’ve personally encountered aren’t charter operators or professionally sponsored. The small percentage of grass roots anglers that understand fish, the habitat, environment along with good old mother nature can teach many of us a trick or two

The art of catching fish isn’t difficult, yet some people confuse the issue as well as themselves with hypothetical theories & super technical jargon. I work on the philosophy that all things in life are simple. Often logical thinking can be over-shadowed by complexities irrelevant to the issue. How often have we all been in a confused state whilst trying to find an answer to a question and have the simplest of answers pointed out by another looking in from the outside?

As for being a protagonistic sh#t stirrer who appears to wear boxing gloves, it may appear that way but I can assure it isn’t my intention. If having a different opinion to the mainstream here puts me in that bracket in the eyes of those reading then I’m guilty as charged.

I don’t dislike anyone I don’t know Brian. Although I disagree with some, isn’t this my right & entitlement to do so as much as it is anyone elses?
    Interesting, but I see a difference between dis-agreeing, and denigration, and I believe some of what you post is the latter rather than the former

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Interesting, but I see a difference between dis-agreeing, and denigration, and I believe some of what you post is the latter rather than the former

You're entitled to your opinion to which I take no offense

Brian, would you prefer “yes men” who p#ss in your pocket or a straight shooter that lets you know where you stand?

sounds like you got is sussed 2mannylures strange though you where asking for help for a upcoming trip if i recall and you insulted one of the best barra fisherman around good job mate you know how to make friends that is for sure .
    i say your mate know whats he wants to do learn that is why hes going with johhny m but you on the other hand seem to find it fun to criticize people . i dont be grudge any having there say but dude cut the crap and be real hey.

There is nothing to be gained by useless re-assurance from toadies, thats only ego building. I believe plenty of that goes on in the industyry as it is, the goal here is to keep it Aussie, support your mates, welcome new comers, share and learn. However, disparaging remarks re someone with more runs on the board in his choosen field than you will ever see in a life time is out rageously farcical. Its hard to gain any credibility on a subject, and this subject in question is impoundment barra, when, by your own admission, you havent caught one, not one, nothing, nada, zilch, zero, zip, sfa dam bara.
    By the same token, branding people clicky wanna be's is not expressing an opinion, it is categorizing people you have never met, me included.
    Personally, I reckon your sitting down south some where bored out of your mind, and this is your version of sport. Maybe you would be beter off logging on to Fishnet, plenty of red necks on there willing to engage in a keyboard boxing match after a few beers on a Friday nite.
    Im not going to say "cant wait till you have a go up here", cause any goose with a line in the water can pull a meter plus fish if the bite is hot, and you might just jag a hot bite, who knows.
    The down side of it all is that most who post here are only to happy to help, with tips, techniques and locations, and I dont think you are going to benifit from that at all due to the way you approach things.
    Like I said, I know your not a dangler, but the way you do things raises my eyebrows....
    So, Im not playing anymore, cause this is pointless, you operate one way, I operate a differant way, and my responding to your further posts is a waste of both our time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2manylures View Post
    Therefore in essence when you take ALL paying customers out you only put them onto metre plus Barra, is that what you’re saying? [appears this way]
    Furthermore when you were fishing commercially, you, as a professional, didn’t have a by-catch of smaller or different species?
    Johnny as a guide you may be ok, but under the circumstances of what you’ve penned here in my eyes you have lost all credibility.
    I find this crap very hard to even try to contemplate little own believe.
    2ml you have contributed nothing of use to this thread.

The way I interpret and I'm sure the way most other fishers interpret "target" is adopting strategies that increase the likelihood of capturing certain fish. Having bycatch is part and parcel of being specific about your target. For impoundment barra i would expect there to be far more bycatch than the target being caught even when effectively targeting larger fish, something you too would probably be aware of if you had actually caught impoundment barra before.

Having fished with Johnny on a charter and from the vast body of evidence that he is a good barra fisherman, I hold everything he says or writes in high regard.

Meanwhile i have not seen a single report or a single photo of you holding a fish. And as i have said before on this forum i take my advice from those who have proven their ability to catch fish by frequently reporting their catches.

So please post some pictures of all these fish you have caught. And if you don't have any then go fishing and take some pictures and post a report. But in the mean time i have no option other than to disregard everything you write due to lack of credibility.

To me your a coward you have nothing of any intelect to share just the same as every post you have put up is always smart negative to what anyone has said, and never put a name or a repot with a pic of a fish, even a avartar is none exsistant so with all that taken into account your a simple negative nobody who has no intrest in the fishing of a true fisherman and by that I mean the ones that word themselve properly when there is a argument simply out of respect, and dont loose site in why they are away in the first place to go for a fish and take in the suroundings and not be at work!
    Yes we banter on and often about the same thing in different angles but as a whole we are all passionate about our fishing and outdoors, some of us like you have been pro's that is earning a living from fishing but dont let Wealth, ego nor stature get in the way of our underlying simularity that is Barramundi.

You have been invited (although there no real invite you just drop a line on the thread and turn up) to the Bash or the muster to join us and see we are all very light hearted blokes and would welcom anyone to share thier experiances in fishing what ever the case maybe.

Thats it from me on the mistery that is 2many for good, that ship has now sailed for me.

Cheers Nath

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    deleted post
    Were you going to have a shot at me ....... Thankfully you saw the light

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Dont be too harsh on 2manylures he just sees things from A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE

I have to agree with Johnny, that you can specifically target bigger barra, the only problem is that a 1m barra isn't distinctly bigger than the 80 or 90cm fish and so behaves similarly and therefore is very difficult to find methods that specifically target this size range. You can target truly big barra ie over 120cm, because they are twice as heavy as a 1m fish so they behave differently than your average schoolie sized fish. There are a lot of factors to consider when targeting big barra and larger lure size may be helpful but does not guarantee bigger fish. The only problem with targeting big fish is the simple lack of them so it can be a long time between drinks and therefore it is harder to work out a pattern, but it is still fun trying.
    cheers, scott.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    I have to agree with Johnny, that you can specifically target bigger barra, the only problem is that a 1m barra isn't distinctly bigger than the 80 or 90cm fish and so behaves similarly and therefore is very difficult to find methods that specifically target this size range. You can target truly big barra ie over 120cm, because they are twice as heavy as a 1m fish so they behave differently than your average schoolie sized fish. There are a lot of factors to consider when targeting big barra and larger lure size may be helpful but does not guarantee bigger fish. The only problem with targeting big fish is the simple lack of them so it can be a long time between drinks and therefore it is harder to work out a pattern, but it is still fun trying.
    cheers, scott.
    Hey Scott ..... I heard you'd been kidnapped by aliens - good to see ya posting

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Your right chris, but they couldn't put up with my whining so they sent me back.
    cheers scott.

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    i say your mate know whats he wants to do learn that is why hes going with johhny m but you on the other hand seem to find it fun to criticize people . i dont be grudge any having there say but dude cut the crap and be real hey.
    My 1st & only choice was Harro who was booked out at the particular time.

JM wasn't.

Please don't condem people you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Maybe but to wrap it all up in a few words 2many "Your a knob"
    In your mind yes, but who are you to judge; a nobody?

Yonnies & glass houses don't mix