Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: AFC irritations

Re: AFC irritations

Some adults spend too much time cat fighting with one another on the internet and not enough time fishing. Break away from your electronic little worlds and go catch some fish. A computer can be turned off, the world's your oyster and is sitting right at your door step!

u missed out on alot of barra will

AFC doesnt half irratate me as much as this thread does!

9 pages, WOW!!!.
    Now that some have wisely kissed and made up and others who havn't are one step closer to a shrink I'd like to add my 2 bobs worth on the original post re AFC and Mathew Mott.

A few years ago there was a poll published in a magazine that listed Australia's 50 most admired sports stars plus the 50 most hated sports stars.
    If I recall correctly Layton Hewitt was the 2nd most popular as well as being the 2nd most hated.
    My point is we all have different tastes and what some may see as appealing others will not. If you like the show and Mott- Great If you don't - Turn it off. Problem solved.

I've known "Motty" (as everyone calls him) for a few years now, not closely by any means but we always say gday. Late last year I was fishing a comp at Somerset when our boat broke down about 6km from the ramp and without even asking Motty stopped fishing, threw us a rope and started towing us in. He gave up his own chances to get us back because we had some good fish in the well. On tv he ups it a bit because I'm sure that's what the pruducers want but Motty is Motty, he tells it like it is, he's a family guy, he'll help anyone out, and he's passionate about his fishing.
    If everyone on this planet was the same AFC and shows like it would be pretty boring to watch and it would be a pretty boring world wouldn't it.
    Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_Bogtrotter View Post
    who cares & what's wrong with using a Sol, or are you one of theses gear snobs that unless your reel is worth $1000 it's crap

The point was he is representing Shimano on AFC and he is using a Daiwa reel... dont need to have a go at somone for bring it up.

Bandit.
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by BarraBandit View Post
    The point was he is representing Shimano on AFC and he is using a Daiwa reel... dont need to have a go at somone for bring it up.

Bandit.

why did you want to bump this rubbish??? it' was already stated somewhere in the first couple of pages that he is not a Shimano sponsored fisher, he was only on a Shimano sponsored boat & could use any gear he liked..you're just trying to upset the Bream lovers again aren't you??

Everybody is different and Mathew is certainly that. It takes all soughts to make a tournament series. If we were all the same how boring would it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    You know i was thinking of doing a couple of bass abt's. The thought of putting myself up against like minded anglers and seeing how i ranked was starting to appeal to me, the worst thing that could happen is i could come last and become more grounded. But if I can expect to encounter this sought of stuck up wank from people i think I'll just stick with recreational angling.

You got it right for sure Jeremy, what a giggle these guys would be to go fishing with !!