Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AFC irritations

Re: AFC irritations

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    im goin barra fishin this week so give us a call if u wanna come.
    When does school enter this equation??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    When does school enter this equation??
    i work full time and so does will not sure what days he gets of i forgot

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    i work full time and so does will not sure what days he gets of i forgot
    Oops. Then you fellas are well and truly out of the apprentice stage if you can drive yourselves there and have your own boat.

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Oops. Then you fellas are well and truly out of the apprentice stage if you can drive yourselves there and have your own boat.
    yer were pritty mad

Hi guys there is a thread in the freshwater (Barra) section regarding AFC Leaders, fishing, reels etc. The thread is interesting and might have some info that will help people out regarding impoundment barra.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=144631

There is also a combined Barra fishing report which has some light hearted fun on the topics raised above. There is some good Impoundment Barra info in this thread as well if you are interested in Barra Fishing. There is also a bit of chat between the good info so sift through it at your own pace.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=144688

Malcolm Douglas Part 2 will be on 7 at 6.30pm this Saturday.

Don’t miss it. Part 1 was last weekend.

Cheers Lyndon.

Just found this thread and cant believe it has gone so far , my take on the AFC overpriced gear with yankwank boats catching small fish in a non tournament that a select few commercially created ledgends only are eligible to fish,How anyone can say anyone of these blokes are the best bream fishermen in the country is a croc. They only get to beat each other. If Im gunna spend 100K+ on a boat and 1000+ on an outfit Id like to catch something with a bit of go in it ..Its a blatent copy of the seppo bass rot..Australia dont need to copy the seppos.

Cowboy! My bad i have mistaken you for someone else !!!!Thank's for the offer!!

Finga yes i should be at school and so many people said i should of stayed at school i'm glad i didn;t because i will be Qualified 3 day's prior before My 18th birthday .....

Bruce Bogtrotter, I agree American Use their desighns for there bass Not our's of course some designs and techniuqes work over here but we have a completely different fish !!! and techniques take a few months to do well enough soo i agree... Life is a learning experience .. One step at a time!

Siegfried .... Mate you have got to respect that people do bass fishing for a reason and purchase expensive gear..... Which is passion!!!! I for one spend a tad on fishing gear and the reason is being that when im on the water and catching fish the last thing i want to do is have a reel sieze or run out of a certain fish catching lure .... It's not all an ego boost as people say!!!! It's passion and when you have gear like that you enjoy the water and fish aswell as your Boat your tackle and your gear .. Well i really appreciate it !!!

And that is What make's fishing so much more Exciting ......

Tight Lines

WILL

Will,

the way you write and have handled yourself thru this thread is a credit to you, and you manner is well beyond your young years mate. Keep up the good work. You will be up there having a good crack at ABT when the time is right. You remind me of a 17 yr old bass fisherman I worked and fished a lot with at Mullet Gut in Toowoomba about 6 yrs ago..man he could fish....still can....I think his name is Carl.

Chris (Cowboy) Basskid may not know you, but I do., and I remember when you were leading (or 2nd??) after day 1 at Borumba bass pro a few years back in the early days of your bass pro career....you were nervous as all hell, and seeking advice from some ledgends of the sport that were camping with us all...give this young fella a break, he wasn't putting himself up on a predistal...others were....remember where you started....good luck this year with ABT mate.

Cheers Steve

The old game of guess who.....

For some reason as soon as i read the screen name Cowboy i pictured this bloke i always see in QFM every month....i have no idea why? maybe that guy was wearing a cowboy hat one day.

The fellow in QFM seems really switched on and i enjoy reading those freshwater reports.
    Just can’t think of his name right now....

JIM
    What would Macgyver do . . . . . ?

I'm "guessing" that the is Mr Chris Galligan.An accomplished Bass fisherman,And writer.When I used to read QFM there was an uncanny resemblence between some of his pics,And my signature pose......The Samurai. Always wondered if ya picked it up from here?

You have previously mentioned :- "You remember why you don't post here anymore"

There seems to be something in the water of late,With quite a few members posting aggressively. I welcome a healthy debate ,But personal attacks are uncalled for.Sometimes we just have to agree to dissagree,And move on.I hope this has not put you off typin in ya thoughts,As the more members that post....The more we all learn.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the original question,

I reckon Mr Mott is great for the AFC.Sure he's loud and outspoken,But I really pitty those who are too cool to show their true emotions.I believe that real men do.They are not afraid of what others think,Or of how they are preceived.

He reminds me of Mike Iaconelli from the U.S. Bass tour.Another angler who is a true character,And also wears his heart on his sleeve.

There is no doubt Mr Mott has earned his place in the AFC,And his results as an angler speak for themselves.This cannot be denied.

Passionant and excited,Or a quiet introvert.........I know who I'd rather watch.

Afterall........How boring would it be if we were all the same?

Regards.B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Breamoholic... Are You In Love With Bass Kid?

Finga. Yo Sound Like You Are Out Of Your League, And Have No Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by elephrez View Post
    Finga. Yo Sound Like You Are Out Of Your League, And Have No Idea.
    Nope, dumb as dog poo I am. Am I'm the first to admit it

What are you trying to say??
    Don't beat about the bush just spit it out.
    So....
    (a) what league??
    (b) have no idea about what??
    Clarify yourself please as I'd really like to know what your on about if that's not to hard.

[quote=finga;966738]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cowboy View Post
    Some of the young kids are better at fishing then some of the pro's.
    Some of the youngsters have some real natural talent.
    They just have not been corrupted or found or entered comps yet but just as knowledgeable and dedicated as the pro's.
    You never know Basskid might have his own show, tackle range etc etc in years to come.

How about a Pro/Am series with some of the "know it alls" from here??

what corruption?
    what are you saying about ABT

Hardb8.. Yes You Are Corrected Chris Is The Cowboy, How Can You Own That Pose When Chris Has Been Using Megabass For 10 Years. Well Before Ebay Was Around. Although Not Known Chris's Style Came From The Early Days, When Alot Of Jap Anglers Fished Guided Tours, Eg Norio Tanabe And Hata From Jackall Bros. His First Tournament Was Won Texas Rigging Sliders. I Believe He Is One Of The Best Tech Anglers In Aussie.
    I Wouldn't Blame Chris For Never Coming Back On Here.

Motty Rules