Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AFC irritations

Re: AFC irritations

i would rather watch Malcolm Douglas any day of the week!!!

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Ron i am with you, Malcolm is a family friend and i have spent time fishing and camping with him through the Kimberleys.

Wade

I think the shows were great and hope that they are continued in years to come.
    I also think that the guys are fisherman and not actors and everyone comes across different once on film. Even more so when under pressure.

Im sure that most of us would be suprised how we all really look and act and at what we say if we were to be filmed whilst hooking up to a meter plus barra. Ive no doubt I for one would come off looking and sounding like a complete tool as would a fair percentage of others.

But I guess I have to catch that meter plus barra to start with before I find out.

Birko

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    I think the shows were great and hope that they are continued in years to come.
    I also think that the guys are fisherman and not actors and everyone comes across different once on film. Even more so when under pressure.

Im sure that most of us would be suprised how we all really look and act and at what we say if we were to be filmed whilst hooking up to a meter plus barra. Ive no doubt I for one would come off looking and sounding like a complete tool as would a fair percentage of others.

But I guess I have to catch that meter plus barra to start with before I find out.

Birko

Yeh ..... I'd agree with the tool bit ......... specially when they yell abuse at fellow competitors
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post

Birko
    I agree, many moons ago I fished a comp and was one of quite a few that had a cameraman in the boat. When the finished product came out on dvd I was suprised to find backing music whenever I was fishing while every other angler was telling the viewers what they were doing and why they were doing it. When I asked the producer why? He told me every time I made a good cast I said "sh#t yeh" every time I caught a fish I said "f##k yeh" and every time I missed a fish, well you can guess what I said then. And I missed a lot of fish that day

When the AFC comes on TV I turn it off.....simple really.

Stu

One of the bonuses of belonging to a fishing forum like this is not just the yarns, the piccies and the information - its the intertainment from a thread like this.

For the record - I'll pretty much watch any show as long as there're fish involved. Fishing, diving, research - I don't care. Also, it gives me a reason not to mow the lawn...

Mozza

It sure as hell beats watching the bloody cricket, or tennis, or days of our desperate neighbours doctors wives lives wether at home or away.

Its fishin! well done Steve, how about some sheilas in bikinis now or if that is not appropriate forget the bikinis.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by breamoholic View Post
    Steve can you please remove Matthew Mott and replace him with Basskid. It might even attract the ladies to the show! PLEASE!!!!
    HAHA niiiiice!

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    It sure as hell beats watching the bloody cricket, or tennis, or days of our desperate neighbours doctors wives lives wether at home or away.

Its fishin! well done Steve, how about some sheilas in bikinis now or if that is not appropriate forget the bikinis.
    Clearly you haven't seen fishing northern Australia! ....... yep AJ has had the good gear girls on
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Guys,

These guys arn't normal recreational anglers....
    What you don't see on the TV is the money, hardwork, commitment and whole season of tournaments they have fished all over australia before they fish a couple of more sessions with the channel ten news cameras up their clakka...........All the anglers that fish AFC are there on talent only.... To qualify you must win a Grand Final event.....To win a Bass Pro Grand Final you have to fish a tournament season as a Pro(Pros consist of average 60 boats per event), finish consistently or well enough to qualify for the Bass Pro Grand final then win that (30 boat field)..........No other way to get on tv, simple really..

Who is Basskid anyway, havn't seen him win any Bass Pro Grand Finals.

I'd like to see the guys fish a little bit out of the square. Use some different techniques like Dropshotting, Jigs or Crankbaiting.

Anyone can catch good fish on Jackall Tn's, they are too consistent.

Cheeers

Chris

[quote=The Cowboy;966726]
    Quote Originally Posted by breamoholic View Post
    Steve can you please remove Matthew Mott and replace him with Basskid. It might even attract the ladies to the show! PLEASE!!!!

Who is Bass Kid havn't seen him win any Bass Pro Grand Finals.

I'd like to see the guys fish a little bit out of the square. Use some different techniques like Dropshotting, Jigs or Crankbaiting.

Anyone can catch good fish on Jackall Tn's, they are too consistent.

Cheeers

Chris
    Some of the young kids are better at fishing then some of the pro's.
    Some of the youngsters have some real natural talent.
    They just have not been corrupted or found or entered comps yet but just as knowledgeable and dedicated as the pro's.
    You never know Basskid might have his own show, tackle range etc etc in years to come.

How about a Pro/Am series with some of the "know it alls" from here??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

How bout an AFC bloopers show. You know a lure into the tree's,, one in the ear,,one of the competitors falls overboard,,steps on and breaks his rods etc....with all the cursing left in.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    How bout an AFC bloopers show. You know a lure into the tree's,, one in the ear,,one of the competitors falls overboard,,steps on and breaks his rods etc....with all the cursing left in.

Dave
    One did go overboard last year chasing a rod and I have much pleasure in giving him crap about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    One did go overboard last year chasing a rod and I have much pleasure in giving him crap about it.
    That manoeuvre is now known as "doing a Jas!" ....... been there
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO