Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AFC irritations

Re: AFC irritations

Here's a AFC irritation. Some of these blokes can fish hard all day and not raise a scale. HHMMMPPPPHHHH!! I can do that any day of the week!

So who wants to sponsor me? C'mon any takers?

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I'll ask again..who is this Mott bloke ????
    Hey Pinhead, I seem to remember watching one show where I think they mentioned that Awoonga or Teemburra was his home base as a pro!!!

If I wrong someone please correct me, I had consumed a few beers at that stage!!!!
    Fillet and Release Squad

thanks levinge..I had not heard of him but then again I think the only one of those pros I have heard of is Tim Morgan and that is only because i spent a day fishing with him a few years ago.

I watched Rex Hunt once..that was enough to turn me off any fishing shows on TV for life.

HAHAHA , what an entertaining thread......................

(and I haven't even heard of AFC, or seen the show)

Honestly guys, the public eye sux, if you are there, you are open to the criticism of the masses.................

on the other hand, I would love for someone to pay ME to go fishing.

Let the "big boys" do their thing, & let's just go fishing........

Much ado about nothing........

Muzz

Quote Originally Posted by breamoholic View Post
    Please read the post before you write. Team Shimano fishing with Daiwa gear is an oxymoron.

This should put a smile on the faces of most Daiwa fans!

I think you will find that Ben is probably not sponsored by Shimano ........ The teams are put together for the AFC TV Series ....... The sponsors $$$ go to Steve Morgan (I think) as part of the production costs.
    There is probably some manipulation to ensure that some blatant conflicts do not exist ......... ie Jas Wilhelm on Team Berkley ....... not a good look

Motty guides all over the place ...... I've seen him at Monduran , Awoonga & Cania ... Along with owning a couple of tackle stores ......... & yes he is just as annoying in real life

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Don't any of you have a mate who is a bit loud or obnoxious but once you know him, he's OK.

Heh, thats me! Well the loud and obnoxious bit. Not so much the having mates or being OK bit.

Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the show was terrific. And was rooting for Matthew Mott. Right up until the start of the day when he started yelling at his fishing partner to GO GO GO. If it wasn't such a quiet young guy, just about anyone else would have told him to !@#$ off. And he did it again the next morning. Then went on to tell everyone how great he was with his choices. And the young guy he was fishing with was the #1 barra fisherman in Australia. He treated him like a newbie.

Yep, he got up my nose. But everyone else were great. Fishermen and commentators. The show gets better every year.

Being a TV show, chances are he has probably been told that he has to whoop it up & carry on like a dipstick, these people,producers/money controllers, probably know jack all about fishing & are influenced by all that US style crap they carry on with & think it's good TV & what we want to watch, he may have no choice..

Well researched comment there, Bruce!

I'm glad it's generating so much comment this year - no matter what the motivation.

Cheers,

Steve Morgan

Any publicity is good publicity hey Steve .

Navi

I always thought that the AFC was over the top until I started spending time with someone who was involved in the competition. If you see the pressure cooker siuations that these blokes fish in, and whats at stake for them, you can understand why they sometimes get very very excited when they boat a fish.
    When the heat is on a lot of us will get a bit loud and harsh. Matty Mott is passionate about what he does, and he shows that on the outside. His partner on the boat has the complete opposite personality. Quietly spoken, I for one love watching how different people react to these situations.

Awesome job Steve. I'm hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce_Bogtrotter View Post
    Being a TV show, chances are he has probably been told that he has to whoop it up & carry on like a dipstick, these people,producers/money controllers, probably know jack all about fishing & are influenced by all that US style crap they carry on with & think it's good TV & what we want to watch, he may have no choice..
    Bruce all your 'probably' theorys are pretty much way off.

They carry on no different to the average bloke out fishing when they catch a good fish....except its on TV! This is a competition and a TV production. The excitement is produced to TV to show their enjoyment. I have known 1/2 (particularly bass/barra)the blokes on AFC for many years...they are as they seem and enjoy their fishing. Some have bigger personalities than others thats for sure, but there is no denying they do plenty of good things for fishing....on and off the TV.
    As for the money controller and OWNER of the production, Steve Morgan and his family have been at the forefront of fishing in QLD for many years, and have spent plent of $$ sponsoring comps of all standards for kids through to AFC for many years.....Oh yeah they can fish too....Brother Tim has won countless ABT bream/bass tournaments, their father Peter is one of the most highly respected gentlemen in the fishing industry.

Motty is the same, he has put lots of $$ and products from his tackle shops into many bass/yella family comps particularly in regional areas that have difficulty raising sponsors for their family tournamnents. He fishes all these tournaments with his kids, and is willing to share tips for anyone, as do all these AFC fellas. So what you see is not always what you know.

SO they chose to run a comp following the american style of fishing...good on them, and to anyone who wants to have a go. No pressure to go the yank style of fishing....its a choice.....and many enjoy it too.

As for the show AFC, its easy to switch the TV off if you dont like it.

Steve

Yes i for one am glad there are different personalities...i gives me a chance to follow the heroes and villains (no malice intended).

Like any spectator sport there are guys i watch and for one reason or another i want them to do well. Maybe coz they are head and shoulders above the rest, maybe they are the underdog, maybe they are the younger up and comers or maybe they are just a nice quietly spoken guy you want to do well

I remember watching Moto Gp when Rossi was winning everything head and shoulders above the rest then along comes Stoner and all of a sudden there is someone else to cheer on.

It would be a boring old show if there were 8 identical Watsons, Borgs, Morgans, Wilheims...

At the end of the day it is just a TV show...

JIM
    Last edited by Jungle Jim; 03-02-2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: it seems i carnt spell
    What would Macgyver do . . . . . ?

Maybe I'm related to this Matty Mott fella??
    My mum's maiden surname is Mott.
    And some say I get a bit 'excited'
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Morgan View Post

I'm glad it's generating so much comment this year - no matter what the motivation.
    Steve can you please remove Matthew Mott and replace him with Basskid. It might even attract the ladies to the show! PLEASE!!!!

Secondly can you make him have a shave, his beard is almost as annoying as his personality. His facial hair is not in the same league as Steve Starling's thus should be removed to stop irritating the viewers. Maybe start looking for sponsorship from Gillette not mercury.

On another note. Is it possible to make a celebrity round as a novelty event on the AFC? I'd love to see Starlo, Bushy, ET and Rex Hunt battle it out in a bream round. It's an idea that could make some very interesting viewing! I know plenty of others who'd want to see that kind of action.