Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Selling your own bait?

Re: Selling your own bait?

If you KNEW a few fisherpeoples...... maybe you could just quietly spread the word to them????? So when they had a trip planned let you know and: "Voila!" There you are all of a sudden with some fresh bait and they could throw you a tip for being so fortuitous.

To earn cash when i was a young whipper snapper, we used to doorknock the neighbourhood and offer to wash peoples cars for 5 bucks.

yeah mate if your going to do it, do it on the quiet

I doubt you would do any harm but you see if 1 person does it there is nothing to stop some peeps coming along with a large scale bait catching operation and running amok.

If it was just relegated to young guys making a few dollars then it would be sweet, but somone would take advantage and before you knew it there would be all sorts of funny bussiness going on making big dollars from it guaranteed.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Goes to show what a regulated world we live. Bad luck Tom , rules are rules these days but when I was a young bloke I was selling yabbies during xmas hols on the yabbie banks across from Loders Creek caravan park on the Goldy. Made enough for a few things I wanted to buy for my BMX bike (set of Tuffs . No shortage of customers either.

Cheers

Greg
    Interesting Greg that you should take that chaotic point of view....would have thought you would be encouraging youngsters to follow the straight and narrow...

However, like yourself,I've been involved in the odd blackmarket activity over the years...and its cool whilst on a small or experimental scale but unfortunately some people can become quite greedy and thus problems can evolve on many levels...

I,presumably,like yourself certainly do not want to discourage such entrepreneurial pursuits in our youngsters but at the same time our resources are ever diminishing and we need to be mindful that many of us law abiding citizens,due to the ever-increasing costs of these "regulations",need to survive in an increasingly competitive world and unfortunately whoever it is that wants to bypass these regulations and avoid paying taxes and buying licences ,is basically taking money out of genuine business peoples pockets...

My personal income has diminished somewhat lately by ebay sellers who, one in particular that I personally know(a single guy with no wife or children) is undercutting my prices on similar items and not declaring his income to centerlink ,while accepting the dole..he has actually bragged to me about the money he is making..(several grand a month on top of dole payments )...

It gets a bit hard to swallow sometimes...

Scott

Scott - yeah that would not go down too well with me either. I suppose I just see a large difference between a kid wanting to get a bit of cash to buy something than someone that intends to make a business of it but it is a fine line these days especially with all the "service" industries we now have cause people are too busy or lazy. The guys that run mowing services etc would not appreciate a young bloke taking their customers either.

Hard call.

You can have a few of my customers mate.

Like a lizard at the moment.

Rain= money fallin from the sky.

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

The joys of time . I remember when i was a young fella
    . But like one of the guys said grab a lawn mower and start there mate. Couple guys i know breed rats and mice to sell to pet stores that may be an avenue for couple extra bucks but with so many do gooders ruining everything the good old day are gone where you can say to a mate hey i got a couple bags of crabpot bait sling me a redback and it's yours LOL
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Scott - yeah that would not go down too well with me either. I suppose I just see a large difference between a kid wanting to get a bit of cash to buy something than someone that intends to make a business of it but it is a fine line these days especially with all the "service" industries we now have cause people are too busy or lazy. The guys that run mowing services etc would not appreciate a young bloke taking their customers either.

Hard call.
    mate - you are spot on here...

we're talking about a 14yr old kid who is taking an initiative to earn a few $$ pocket money. and a heap of blokes have shot him down and nay sayed what a lot of you did when you were a kid.

as for the pros - who gives a rats arse? how much business can a 14yr old kid take from a pro? he would most probably only be able to devote his time to it on the school holidays, so very limited to how much impact he could have.

to run a lawn mowing business, you need insurance and a certificate of business registration (at least). likewise to run a dog wash, car wash etc.

so are we saying this kid would need to have insurance and a registered business to mow lawns otherwise he could be in trouble with the authorities???

gee its a damn shame that kids cant be kids anymore - and we wonder why obesity, stress etc affects our kids so much these days - we are trying to make them grown up before they are ready.

I say go for it kid - just learn not to ask questions of adults - we have all become brainwashed by this regulated society and no longer are able to live free.

Nice one Dolphin boy...

I used to spend many afternoons as a child on the family property on the Gywdir River running 8-10 set lines and a fish trap....it was accepted practice at the time...

Was great at the time but would I do it now or encourage my kids or others to pursue it....HELL NO...

Sometimes we have to leave the past behind and change with the times...

Great argument though Mik....., kids need to poach or resort to illegal activities in order to not get fat or avoid stress ....far out mate ..go chomp on another cheeseburger...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Nice one Dolphin boy...

I used to spend many afternoons as a child on the family property on the Gywdir River running 8-10 set lines and a fish trap....it was accepted practice at the time...

Was great at the time but would I do it now or encourage my kids or others to pursue it....HELL NO...

Sometimes we have to leave the past behind and change with the times...

Great argument though Mik....., kids need to poach or resort to illegal activities in order to not get fat or avoid stress ....far out mate ..go chomp on another cheeseburger...
    yep - thanks for paraphrasing exactly what I said Scott. trust you to take my comments to the extreme - just for the sake of disagreeing.

its sad that someone can't let an argument go, on an online forum, that must date back - what - 6mths?

grow up and move on with your life Scott. but I take it as a compliment that I am so important in your life that you cannot get over a little argy bargy from way back...

you're a stange fish mate.

oh, and by the way - pls don't send me any more pm's either - I'll just ignore them like the other ones...

My personal income has diminished somewhat lately by ebay sellers who, one in particular that I personally know(a single guy with no wife or children) is undercutting my prices on similar items and not declaring his income to centerlink ,while accepting the dole..he has actually bragged to me about the money he is making..(several grand a month on top of dole payments )...

It gets a bit hard to swallow sometimes...

Scott
    So much for the Government cross referencing bank accounts etc. to catch fraudulent people ripping them off...

Good to see my tax dollars at work!!
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486

Quote Originally Posted by mik01 View Post
    you're a stange fish mate.
    Stange indeed......I actually thanked you for a link you provided and then subsequently let you know it had been removed by the moderators...

and sorry you dont have a sense of humour about that dolphin thing... maybe you should lighten up a bit..

Also my feelings on people who dont contribute to society through legal means have nothing to do with you and I disagree with you in this instance on principle alone,certainly not because of who you think you are....

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Synful View Post
    So much for the Government cross referencing bank accounts etc. to catch fraudulent people ripping them off...

Good to see my tax dollars at work!!
    Andrew it appears not to work unless somebody actually is actually being looked at or investigated ...or maybe on such a big scale that a red flag is raised and someone notices.....

I think that there is a hell of a lot of black money derived from ebay and the likes...its a huge new frontier where the rules are being made up as it evolves... as for cross referencing bank accounts,social security no's etc ...isnt that just a scare tactic to try and keep people honest??

Stange indeed......I actually thanked you for a link you provided and then subsequently let you know it had been removed by the moderators...

and sorry you dont have a sense of humour about that dolphin thing... maybe you should lighten up a bit..

Also my feelings on people who dont contribute to society through legal means have nothing to do with you and I disagree with you in this instance on principle alone,certainly not because of who you think you are....

Scott
    we must have read different pms then - its very strange when you 'thank' someone without saying thanks

I have a sense of humour about a great many things, and I can take a personal dig - from my mates who know me. but when you're taking the piss out of a person you don't know, in a way thats not nice, then I have a huge problem with it.

you don't know me - you're taking the piss personally - I don't have to put up with it...

nuff said.

Andrew it appears not to work unless somebody actually is actually being looked at or investigated ...or maybe on such a big scale that a red flag is raised and someone notices.....

I think that there is a hell of a lot of black money derived from ebay and the likes...its a huge new frontier where the rules are being made up as it evolves... as for cross referencing bank accounts,social security no's etc ...isnt that just a scare tactic to try and keep people honest??
    Not really sure Scott; Governments the world over have the reputation of being years behind technology and the ability to utilise it, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I've said it before in other forums; the previous two Governments have had complete morons for communications ministers, this Labor government appears to be continuing this tradition.

That being said, the Government is presently trying to find money from every possible location - so they may actually bother to cross reference in the not too distant future...
    Regards,

Andrew.
    =============
    W: www.agt.id.au
    M: 0410 834 486