Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: all my gear was stolen

Re: all my gear was stolen

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Just a thought but has anyone bothered to check with the parents?........I'd hate to think that people here were circumventing the parents attempts at teaching the lad some discipline/responsibility.

Banshee , I highly doubt the parents are going to be eager to spend anouther $800 +, he'll just have to do it the hard way and wait by the letterbox

I think what was meant was that maybe the guy might be perceived to have been at fault by his parents and they deliberately want him to go without the gear for a while as a lesson; and that all this stuff arriving from some internet buddies may be counterproductive.

It is a fair point that I had not considered, and in the absense of any info to the contrary we do not know. Maybe they know? If so, no probs but I would not want to get the poor kid into any more trouble.

guys my parents know about me asking
    Cheers, John

*fishing is my life*

send me a PM if ya wanna catch up and do some fishing i live at hope island

Good on ya then young fellar, best of luck.

Package sent today John.

Dave
    Avast ye matey!

Gees I'm going to be staking out that mailbox on Monday.
    I could do alright I reckon
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Hi all
    Some dirty suckker knocked my gear off too,..............Only it was a bl#@dy big barra saying i'll have that popper!!!!!!!!! The worst part was i'd only brought it about 2 hours before.

What I really came here to say is how good is this. So many people who don't know this kid from a bar of soap but they are prepared to give without hesitation. Well done guys. Take a bow.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
    What I really came here to say is how good is this. So many people who don't know this kid from a bar of soap but they are prepared to give without hesitation. Well done guys. Take a bow.
    Mark
    Well a few of us has John's address now and you never know when someone might call in.
    There's an old saying...."beware the fury of a patient man" and fishermen are supposed to be patient by definition so...look out if someone sees their gear for sale at the local pawn shop or in the trading post.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Nothing I like more than putting idiots on ignore. You've joined the list!

Bye,

Tim

I hope I have top place on that list...when talking idiots, I want to at least be at the top of the pile.

I didn't know you could ignore members on here.

Ugly..how did you get on re sounder????

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    I hope I have top place on that list...when talking idiots, I want to at least be at the top of the pile.

It's easy...go into idiots public profile and over on the right hand side there's a bit that says put on "idiot" on Your Ignore List
    Done. Sit back and enjoy the serenity

thanks for that finga..you learn something new every day

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post

Ugly..how did you get on re sounder????
    LOL at Pinhead!

Mate, there's a difference between an idiot and a cantankerous old bastard. You fit snugly into the second category! Nothing wrong with them.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

John, when I return home from up north I'll send some gear your way as per pm last week.

Cheers,

Wags

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    LOL at Pinhead!

Mate, there's a difference between an idiot and a cantankerous old bastard. You fit snugly into the second category! Nothing wrong with them.

Cheers,

Tim
    I protest in the strongest possible way to what you have called me.

It is abhorrent and appalling at the levels you go to offend people by name calling.

You can call me anything you want, but NEVER NEVER NEVER use the word "old".

Its great to see such generosity of spirit from the ausfish crew....

But alas I also seem to have become the victim of a heinous crime,

I awoke at midday today and on my way to the bathroom to get some much needed panadols I noticed a problem....last night there was a full bottle of Bundy rum on the kitchen counter....and now well..just like that... it was gone.... it took a moment to register with my muddled brain (i had a terrible headache for some reason)....and such skulduggery was at foot that the bottle was actually still there but the contents were GONE...

Crime is everywhere these days so if you would like to donate a bottle or 2 just send them to me at the "Send a Shot to Scott charity appeal" and I will take good care of them...

Just dont get me and Deep Sea John mixed up...I dont need any more fishing gear and young Johns folks will probably not appreciate hard liquor arriving in his letterbox...

waiting in anticipation

Scott .