Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Aussie W/End Mondy

Aussie W/End Mondy

I have to say it was the best 2days of Barra fishing I've had for a while without boating a Barra....arrived Thursday arvo and setup my bunk in Nath's camp (Thanks for that Nath)....down came the rain for the entire night....had to do a bit of drainage work to divert the water......Lyndon arrived 0230 in the morning after a spot of trailer wiring problems.....Friday morning headed out in Justin A's boat (Thanks Justin for sharing your boat with me, your a Champion)... the next 2days were overcast with storms cells all over, the water was glassed out and when the sun did come out the heat was stifling, We looked forward to the rain just to cool down, then back to sweating bullets, plenty of liquid refreshment.....Over the 2days we found Barra Tailing and Cruising in a number of area's, we cast everything at them to no avail...as soon as a boat would rip through the Barra would sub surface....I know personnaly I learnt alot by just watching them Cruise back and forth.....As for Justin and me that was it.......A great weekend for me believe it or not, while I didn't boat any Barra I learnt some new things (Priceless), Thanks Justin A for showing me the modification on different Plastics.....The reports from the boys will start to appear on how they went....I know they did fairly well, well done Boys....I look forward to the cooler months to have a crack at them.......Whitto

Re: Aussie W/End Mondy

Hey Whitto ...... Sorry to hear that you didn't get into em (barra) ...... next time hey !!!!
    No doubt , still a good time to be had with great company

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks for that Chris.....It's funny the Barra were not dancing at all...I think the O2 water content is low and they are sluggish......found many Barra sitting on the bottom in groups of 6/12 fish in 30feet of water....even tried to jig them into a frenzy..(lost a Doozer for my trouble)....thats Barra fishing for ya.....Love it.....Cheers Mate

all you can do is try witto better luck next run

shane

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Thanks for that Chris.....It's funny the Barra were not dancing at all...I think the O2 water content is low and they are sluggish......found many Barra sitting on the bottom in groups of 6/12 fish in 30feet of water....even tried to jig them into a frenzy..(lost a Doozer for my trouble)....thats Barra fishing for ya.....Love it.....Cheers Mate
    OK .... so you even had a go at some deep fish ... were they in the main basin or did you fish the river bed/edge ? Loosing a dozer hey ....... commiserations for your loss!

So where did you fish ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Just as an update,the boys cracked a fair few today.sorry to have missed you whitto,i was just up 4 a splash and dash then back for family commitments
    chewy.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    OK .... so you even had a go at some deep fish ... were they in the main basin or did you fish the river bed/edge ? Loosing a dozer hey ....... commiserations for your loss!

So where did you fish ?

Chris
    On an Aussie Day W/end only an idiot would fish the Basin.....We worked Bird Bay at night (closest we got to the Basin).....We first found Barra tailing in B very early till boats started to flood the place and I mean flood....The barra disappeared..funny that...we left.....headed to H found Barra holding on the bottom in numbers (lost Doozer).....worked our way back to an area near D where we found Barra again holding in numbers in 30feet and observed a number of Barra tailing and cruising the weed beds again with no interest...we returned in the PM and nothing had changed still holding in the channel and still cruising the weed....working both the Channel and the weed with no success.....I know where Brian and Nath were fishing was much more productive..(Im not going to say where the boys were..that will be up to them if they choose ,mad if they do)....As I said in an earlier post it was a great 2days fishing without putting a Barra in the Boat ( U had to be there to understand).....My opening statement was not aimed at u Chris, just too many boats for mine....Cheers Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Just as an update,the boys cracked a fair few today.sorry to have missed you whitto,i was just up 4 a splash and dash then back for family commitments
    chewy.
    Like wise Chewy...we'll get to have a beer or two one day...till next time..Cheers Mate

Ill be bunking at foxies in the winter time

Ill be bunking at foxies in the winter time
    It might be bloody cold but there will be bugger all people on the impoundment also...Ill be taking my friend Jack Daniels with me just to keep the home fires burning....Whitto

Least i cook up some good fishing fuel in winter crispy bacon,egg omlette,fried tomatoeshot buttered toast,gotta do something about that instant coffee though

Thanks for the update. Pity about the fishing but the company would have made up for it a bit.
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Least i cook up some good fishing fuel in winter crispy bacon,egg omlette,fried tomatoeshot buttered toast,gotta do something about that instant coffee though
    Yeah I reckon I could murder a bit of that...I can feel my artery's hardening as we speak.....Instant coffee...now if someone could invent a gas powered Expresso machine...in the mean time instant will have to do.

Thanks Dave...Good company a fire a few beers no several beers and a Camp oven brewing away......Ya can't beat it Dave and a small but enjoyable guzzle of Rocket fuel sorry I mean Port

Jeez Whitto, no luck again mate. Next time hey!!

Sorry I couldnt get out. The rain always provides plenty of entertainment on the roads for us. Only 2 rollovers and 1 truck jack knife...always happened jusssst as I was planning to come out and visit!!

Cheers Steve

PS: I am just trying to calculate the overall weight in that boat with you and big Justin on board!!!!

Thanks 4 the report Whitto what an opening best barra fishing trip.When i read that my heart sank, not that i didnt want u guys 2 do well just would have been peeved 2 miss out on the trip even more. Glad 2 hear u still had a grteat time. Might get up there this coming weekend have 2 c how things pan out. Cheers les