Thread: 1770 info

1770 info

hi all,just after some help on 1770,heading up in july with 8 mates 3 boats,just wondering if this is a good time of year to go, an would anyone know of accomadation,for 8 adults,cheers

Re: 1770 info

capitain cook caravan park is cheap if you want a cabin but make sure you get 1 at the front of the park with ac . other wise there are heaps of places to rent on line if ya want a house. late june seems to be when the spanish get there but as far as i know the fishins good for most of the year.

thanks for that edmo

Throw poppers at Bustard head. It's GT & Queenie central.

G'day mate. If you can get out there, i'd recommend heading out to Fitzroy reef and it's surrounding reefs. We did a trip up there late last year and we did reasonably well considering our sounder was dead on arriving to pick my mates boat up from the boat yard. I can't tell you much more as I myself have only been up there once. We're trying to organise a trip up there in the next couple weeks so hopefully i'll have a report for you to read :-)

Hope this helps mate

Cheers
    Paul

yeah thanks sharkie,ihope u do well,where are u staying when u go up

give us a report on the gts when you get back

Quote Originally Posted by adrian johnson View Post
    yeah thanks sharkie,ihope u do well,where are u staying when u go up
    We just sleep in the boat inside fitzroy reef. But we've only ever stayed up there for one night.
    I just did a quick google search for accomodation and there's a few places to stay up there, have a squiz

http://www.takeabreak.com.au/Townof1...comodation.htm

Hope this is of some help mate

Cheers
    Paul