Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: AFC 2008 Monduran round - Leaders

AFC 2008 Monduran round - Leaders

Gee ..... after just watching the Monduran round .... Unbelievable !

What surprised me were the amount of fish that were lost to blown leaders

Was it a case of nerves , panic , pressure & impatience - ???? for all the skill of these guys - I was surprised!!!

Interested to hear your thoughts ..... on the footage , fighting tactics , drag pressure & leaders ........... no one used twisties - Why not ?

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: AFC 2008 Monduran round - Leaders

Inpatience Chris...simple as that. I cant beleive how much they were trying to turn/stop and dictate green fish! never going to happen.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Inpatience Chris...simple as that. I cant beleive how much they were trying to turn/stop and dictate green fish! never going to happen.

Steve
    Lots of it Steve
    Impatience was evident right through the barra rounds ....... & some of the net shots were shockers

Sounds like you were surprised too

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quite suprised Chris!!!(I missed Awoonga round). The most suprsising (and disappointing part, as of the culprits are quality barra anglers) was how hard they were going on them in open water!!

Notice the free spooling to position the boat by the yank...perfectly done.

Steve

I was suprised by how high some of the rod angles were. Mind you it may well have been full of nasties just under the water that they were trying to keep the fishout off. Cameras dont show the whole view that the anglers were seeing I guess. Some nice fish though.

Birko

G'Day Craig, how things up your way? Is the Pinnicle pub shut today

I agree, the rod angles were high, but they got lower as the comp went on!!! It made good jumping footage....when the fish stayed on!

Steve

Quite suprised Chris!!!(I missed Awoonga round). The most suprsising (and disappointing part, as of the culprits are quality barra anglers) was how hard they were going on them in open water!!

Notice the free spooling to position the boat by the yank...perfectly done.

Steve
    Obviously not staying in contact with ausfish Its been raised on several occasions recently.......... but yeh ... it stood out !

Yeh the yank backed off while the locals went just as hard even when the felt contact with timber

This is some of the best footage of what not to do .... that I've seen

Chris

PS ..... Mottys blown fish A running fish ( Kerrin with net in his hand) & the boat stationary ............. The fish got to the trees & bang ........ Far out
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Obviously not staying in contact with ausfish Its been raised on several occasions recently.......... but yeh ... it stood out !

Yeh the yank backed off while the locals went just as hard even when the felt contact with timber

This is some of the best footage of what not to do .... that I've seen

Chris

PS ..... Mottys blown fish A running fish ( Kerrin with net in his hand) & the boat stationary ............. The fish got to the trees & bang ........ Far out
    Yeah its easy for us to sit here and pull it to bits!!....I have made all the same mistakes plenty of times!! It happens...thats fishing.

Yeah its easy for us to sit here and pull it to bits!!....I have made all the same mistakes plenty of times!! It happens...thats fishing.
    Yeh it is easy to be critical (arm chair expert ) ........ & yes its easy to make errors in judgement - - - but this was something more......... & it happened a few times ....... & that stood out ( specially on the same boat) ........... I know I'd be saying WTF!!!!

There was a lot to get out of it ....... some good rod work too
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The 120cm was a beaut. I thought the partner would have done a bit more boat positioning to assist the guy hooked up instead of saying 'stay on fish' or just watching - lack of teamwork. I am a beginner at barra, but thought the same as you guys.

hey did anyone tape it i missed it due to a bit of a issue um the chief forgot to turnthe dvd recorder off for me as i aksed her to do 3 times and so i didnt not get to see it i would really apreciate a viewing of it
    cheers

Wish i had recorded it. Was good viewing, I have not had the chance to chase barra yet... I now have the boat, so won't be long...

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    hey did anyone tape it i missed it due to a bit of a issue um the chief forgot to turnthe dvd recorder off for me as i aksed her to do 3 times and so i didnt not get to see it i would really apreciate a viewing of it
    cheers
    I recorded it, PM me your details and I'll shoot you a DVD Or I can give it to you at the bash if you can wait that long

Cheers
    Tony

What l saw was...Smoke , mirrors... and no twisted leaders

nipstar im pretty sure they will all be posted on youtube soon. last season and the one before that where.
    yer i liked the tactics of the yank, notice he was a lot more calm and collected than the twins.
    im looking forward to seeing the abt final.