Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: AFC 2008 Monduran round - Leaders

Re: AFC 2008 Monduran round - Leaders

Naa Steve it was the tackle world blokes,i met em last year.Pepper point or pepper tree?? ring any bells??

where roo and Nagg were at muster?? I do think its the same spot Woodsy from the pub has been flogging.....and everyone for the last 6 months. Good if it keeps producing...reminds me of Erics tree in Gay bay about 18 months ago.!! mmm the similarities!!

The 10x i'm using at present appears fairly milky as new! As I recall, the Black Magic is fairly translucent in comparison.
    Colo

Reckon thats the spot mate

Quote Originally Posted by Colo77 View Post
    The 10x i'm using at present appears fairly milky as new! As I recall, the Black Magic is fairly translucent in comparison.
    Yeah thought it was, couldnt remember if it got that way or came that way

yea thats it steve,same 1 my apprentice jagged a good fish to put him in the places in some comp a while ago.we need a bit more rain so we can go fish the treeline up the back,plenty of places for all to tie up now ben has removed all the wire
    oh oops did i say that out aloud ??

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    where roo and Nagg were at muster?? I do think its the same spot Woodsy from the pub has been flogging.....and everyone for the last 6 months. Good if it keeps producing...reminds me of Erics tree in Gay bay about 18 months ago.!! mmm the similarities!!
    I'm surprised there is no parking meter on that tree ........... Everytime you go past it ...... there is a boat there! .......

good spot though
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Old mate in his skeeter, stratos whatever tied up to it on Monday, no leccy to glide in on, so the young fella driving was crunching, and I mean crunching, the gears on the big yam to get in on the tree. He still lost a big fish, and boated a tugger, amazing stuff considering the noise he made in tieing off.
    Friggin Tractor gearboxes ya just can't get enough clutch on em Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Colo,

thanks mate. I reckon its a confidence thing for me. There a lots of fans for the 10x. I think its too stiff, and goes that milky colour after a while.

Thats just me. Steve
    Kim and I have only used 60lb Penn 10x so far and only had one bust off in a dozen fish.....lots of scuffing but 2 fish with deep hooked plastics made it to the boat that would have come close to 25kg (115 & 117) and after a reasonably longish fight from each of them. the one that did get away was gone after only 20 seconds.

That said, The Black magic does look good. what is the difference between supple and hard....is it a coating or completely different formula. Anyone used the Black Magic Fluorocarbon?

Cheers Roo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Kim and I have only used 60lb Penn 10x so far and only had one bust off in a dozen fish.....lots of scuffing but 2 fish with deep hooked plastics made it to the boat that would have come close to 25kg (115 & 117) and after a reasonably longish fight from each of them. the one that did get away was gone after only 20 seconds.

That said, The Black magic does look good. what is the difference between supple and hard....is it a coating or completely different formula. Anyone used the Black Magic Fluorocarbon?

Cheers Roo.
    Hi Roo
    The FC is really stiff ...... good abrasion resistance - but it still wears through MW lost a couple of good fish at Awoonga last Sept & I know that his gear only puts out a fairly low drag pressure (3kg)
    I didn't like it ....... but MW was happy to use it ( he never paid for it )

Chris

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    G'day Roo,

Kyle and I always use Black Magic Supple Trace. We started with 60lb originally but I moved up to 80lb when we started throwing big plastics at barra in 2008.

So far we have only lost one fish to a 60lb leader and it was a monster (estimate 120cm+!) that fought long and hard in open water....

The tough trace is more abrasion resistant but stiffer and harder to get the knots right. The fluorocarbon is also stiffer and heavier and we found that it affected the rise rate of tuned lures, so we ditched it and went back to supple.....

I love the stuff!!

Regs

Pete

All these metre+ fish you guys talk about :huh:, I still havn't joined the metre club ! I feel likev there's been a bad omen placed on me or sumthin!

Been fishin freshwater for em for years, 11-12 years in Emerald, Nogoa River (stocked weirs) & been in Mackay now 2.5 years. Havn't been able to get away too often (3 kids under 4) I fish Teemburra mostly but Kinchant has some monsters & faust is only 1.5hrs up the road. I've only fished the latter 2 once each. I guess persistence pays, i'll have to keep pluggin away. You guys get me all fired up every time I come on here.

Cheers,
    Colo