Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish Kill Bags

Re: Fish Kill Bags

You could also try Paul Higgins at AT Sea Marine Trimming at Scarborough. He does them as well. His shop is at Scarborough Marina, Thurect Parade. 0434 396544

Cheers
    Greg

Tackle World Kawana have these 'Snapper' bags in stock, 2 sizes 1.050m [shown in pic] and a 1.2m, they have a strong HD zip and a drain at the bottom corner excess melted ice, they also come with rool up straps. I'm grabbing a 1.2 m for the Maccy season

Lot of high tech gagets being discussed, i just take an esky but my grandfather used to just keep his fish in a wet heshon (??) bag, it keeps them cool. when i was growing up in the country, people used to keep water in a very very tight weave heshon bag on the front of their 4wd's, the water in the bag used to soak through enough to keep the bag moist but not leak, when the were driving the air rushes past the bag cooling the water much like how we sweat and the water was always very cold even in 35-40 degree heat.

Just another opinion.
    Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Has anybody got the reliable bags and what is the best size? Plan on putting kings snapper Jews trag pearlies gems Spanish and tuna in it. Probably not on the same day but I want something big enough for tuna but not too big for a few bottom fish.. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    Has anybody got the reliable bags and what is the best size? Plan on putting kings snapper Jews trag pearlies gems Spanish and tuna in it. Probably not on the same day but I want something big enough for tuna but not too big for a few bottom fish.. Cheers!
    I have one, bought it to take to 1770, as my kill tank floor is not insulated, only the top, worked pretty well holds Ice for a couple of days easy. I have the 2048 50x120cm which is a bit of an awkward shape as per the link below. it would definitely be a bit small for Spanish and the like, however just top and tail them.

Appears to be well made (time will tell) and is a pretty good size. at one stage we would have had 40-50kg of fish to get out of the boat and and the handles did not struggle with the weight. Mo Tackle is where I got mine.

http://www.reliablefishing.com/images/IMG_0322_mod4.jpg

Below is a 12kg Red in the bag.

Regards
    HOnda.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Honda I was looking at the 75x150 with the exact same brand I can't see them before I buy cause its from the net. No one down here has that brand. Do you think that would be fine or should I look at the 180? I want it to be good for any day I go out not just one specific fish cause they are a bit pricey to buy 2.. Thanks

Thanks lee I saw then but I don't think they really suit my needs. Thanks anyways

I have a PrecisionPak from Downunder camping. About $49.00 for the size I use or $69.00 for the bigger model. Mine holds at least three Spaniards to about the 30lb mark. They don't hold ice very well so I keep the ice in the esky then pull the bag out for Cobes or Macks that won't fit in the box. It keeps them well chilled for the trip home. I have seen Mick77 use a better quality one to fit a nice bag of Spanos in. I think the bag may have belonged to Macca (the lump)
    If I was buying again I would go the bigger size than mine. This is the one I have
    http://www.downundercamping.com.au/f...-standard.html
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Thanks horse! I already have the bigger one lol but as u said it doesn't hold ice. I am prepared to spend the $$ just want to get the right size that's all. I want to be able to have a good ice slurry and it to hold ice for a days fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by hooknpull View Post
    Thanks Honda I was looking at the 75x150 with the exact same brand I can't see them before I buy cause its from the net. No one down here has that brand. Do you think that would be fine or should I look at the 180? I want it to be good for any day I go out not just one specific fish cause they are a bit pricey to buy 2.. Thanks
    yeah originally that's what I was looking at, but I wanted my deack to be clear so it had to fit inside My kill tank, it does with a bit of re-shaping..

I think some of the bigger bags are more round not quite the odd shape that mine is, as for sizing it, I would buy it to suit my anticipated biggest fish (length wise), being conscious of space on the deck, cause once you have some fish, it may be sitting on the deck like a big esky.

Regards
    Honda

Yeh that's exactly what I want it for so when I start fishing I can have it in the cab and pull it out when I start catching

Those bags in the very first post are probably one of the best on the market.
    The guys in the top end of WA buy heaps of them as they withstand the extreme heat over there really well.
    There is 7 bag sizes ranging from 18" x 36" to 30" High x 72" Wide x 12" base.
    If you want a quality bag they are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    Those bags in the very first post are probably one of the best on the market.
    The guys in the top end of WA buy heaps of them as they withstand the extreme heat over there really well.
    There is 7 bag sizes ranging from 18" x 36" to 30" High x 72" Wide x 12" base.
    If you want a quality bag they are the way to go.
    Which one, there are 3 linked in the post ?
    The reliable bags look the goods. Leigh