Thread: Borumba flys?

Borumba flys?

Hey Guys heading to Borumba going to try and get me a toga on fly just need some advice on the best fly Thanks

Cheers Foxie

Re: Borumba flys?

Muddler Minnows, Shrimp patterns, Poppers, Cicarda patterns in a couple of months.

Cheers

Thanks Apollo will give them a try.

Cheers Foxie

drop in and see Graham at borumba fishing and scrapping in imbil i think he ties some of his own flys. and he has good knowledge of wats happnin at the dam.

Thanks Shane will do that, nothing beats local knowledge

Cheers Foxie

Hey Foxie do you want to tie them or buy them ?

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

hey foxie, andy and i managed 11 this morning,i got three on fly, one was tagged.andy got the two biggest,one 47 one 45.Iv rehooked my topwaters with owner st/36 and had a terrible time hooking them.The original hook points were straight and the owners curved,not sure if this matters but i raised about 20fish and hooked 4 im tying a fair few flys,ill bring some down for ya. they are a little agricultural,but seem to work.

I though I would post my go to fly anyway for yourself or anyone else interested.
    Tail - Zonker
    Head/ body - Mara wool
    Eyes - Bead chain
    Hook - #2 Gamakatsu B 10S ( if your using any other hook your missing out)

This fly has so much movement when still and yet swims fantastic, it is a variation of a sculpin that my mate Andy developed. He has been fly fishing only at Borumba for in excess of 15 yearsI have a learnt a lot of him and other sunny coast veterans. I think everyone should carry this fly at Borumba, I have fished it fairly heavily over the years for Toga and this is by far the standout fly all light conditions and all moods

Flyfisho,
    Sold all my fly tying gear about ten year ago when I headed to the NT. So I will have to buy some.
    Thanks Chewy don't worry about them being a bit agicultural, so are landrovers and they still work.

Cheers Foxie

Try Gav Platz at Tie N fly outfitters on 5444 0611
    He will mail em out he would be the only one who would stock them.Gav has other flys there as well for Toga, he fishes (guides there) the Dam reguarly so he has go his finger on the pulse.

Hope you do well mate