Thread: 1770 info

1770 info

Hello,

Heading up to 1770 in late feb for a week. I haven't been up there for a very long time and was wondering if anyone has some tips on where to go and what would be biting around this time of year? I don't have a boat, however I will be taking my Kayak up.

Also, interested in going on a chartered fishing trip for whole/half day. Can anyone recommended someone?

Thanks

Ben

Re: 1770 info

Hi,
    Not quite 1770, but if you have a kayak, I would suggest you go to eurimbula national park, my dad and I did a week long trip up there and when drfiting close to the mangroves, we saw big barra close (2m away) along with the odd jack.
    Didn't really have a go for them as we only had light gear, but I would suggest it if you had some heavier gear.

Hope it helps in some way.
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Thumbs up Re: 1770 info

Its really worth giving Tony from 1770 bait and tackle a call he is really helpful his number is 4974 9304 you can look up his website 1770baitntackle as well. Dont know how keen you are but round hill head would probably be as good a place as you would find to catch a spanish mac out of a kyack. But also great place to catch 4mtre tiger sharks.

A guy called peter runs a charter out off 1770 his boat has 770sportsfish on the side cant find his number but i am sure tony will have it. You can be sure off catching nice fish with him and he dosent take to many guys top charter!

Was up there a couple of weeks ago and ran into some pro crabbers who I asked the same question, they put me onto a chap called Damien from Hooked on 1770 charters. The guy was brilliant and ensured the three of us onboard his nice big comfortable boat were put onto some big fish. 6 hours for $125 was his halfday charge. He had some marks inclose that were small but productive saying that he had no need to run out to the islands. Chasing Coral Trout and Reds we got Nannygai, heaps of Hussar, four Spangled a couple of reds one weighing in at 10.5kg, a couple of Cobes mine went to 6kg. I got done on the reef by abrute but brought a 2.2M Whaler to the boat decidedly not a keeper.
    He worked hard repositioning the boat repeatedly to put us onto more fish. We kept around 30kg of great fish so I'd highly reccomend his services. I'll be back in May chasing Reds.

Crap website but heres a link showing his boat and number.
    http://www.1770tours.com/The%20Boat.html

bennywise i fished there land based just before xmas. the beach has usual stuff including a big ray we caught 3 times.
    to be honest land based there are 3 good options all at the headland firstly all are accesesed from the carpark at the headland (round hill)
    firstly at the carpark thers a little trail going down to a little beach on the left hand side of the headlend in the mouut of the estuary with a bouy oppsosite good spot i nearly got spooled and line broke .
    From the carpark there are 2 gravel tracks the left one goes to the big observation platform if you follow this one you will pass an access track down to a huge flat area watch the waves though can be dangerous there the other is the catwalk this is manly lbg i can pm you some info if you message bank is not full sulla

Quote Originally Posted by sulla View Post
    bennywise i fished there land based just before xmas. the beach has usual stuff including a big ray we caught 3 times.
    to be honest land based there are 3 good options all at the headland firstly all are accesesed from the carpark at the headland (round hill)
    firstly at the carpark thers a little trail going down to a little beach on the left hand side of the headlend in the mouut of the estuary with a bouy oppsosite good spot i nearly got spooled and line broke .
    From the carpark there are 2 gravel tracks the left one goes to the big observation platform if you follow this one you will pass an access track down to a huge flat area watch the waves though can be dangerous there the other is the catwalk this is manly lbg i can pm you some info if you message bank is not full sulla

Thanks mate, that would be great

pm sent to you bennywise

hi sorry about typo you name benny this keyboards my mother in laws visting her at moment any more info needed after reading pm just let meknow