Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teemburra Anyone?

Smile Teemburra Anyone?

G'day sweetwater Ausfishers. I havn't met any of you blokes yet so I'm just puttin it out there to see if anyone's keen for a meet & greet, swap a few tales & maybe even boat a few fish i fthey're playin ball .

I don't have a prticular date in mind but maybe say 2 or 3 weekends time?
    Colo

Re: Teemburra Anyone?

could be good if I can get away I will be there. I have not been to teemburra for a few years

I just remembered the missus is away the weekend of the 14th. I'll head up there Sat 7th Feb & stay overnight. Also makin a dash up there midnight tonight for a mornin sesh sun.

I'm in a 385 Stessl Edgetracker.

Cheers,
    Colo

mate im keen as, but i need to do my bearings bfore i go to far but im heading up tues night for a go,

the 7th ill be at awoonga for a couple of days but i agree it would be good to get to know afew guys in the area.

cam

Decide on a date and i am pretty much a certain depending on the cheese and kisses of course!

Colo, Teemburra is at (I believe) 100% at the moment. I was up that way today.

Cheers,
    Wags

Attachment 41712 Attachment 41713

do any good wags??? weather looks a little sad! i been doin ok on overcast mornins, but not that overcast.
    Colo

hi all, have you got a date in mind yet colo for the meet and greet?

Sorry guys, wasn't able to make it there this weekend after all, weather is crap anyway. any weekend from 21st feb to14th march would suit. It's impossible to plan something that suits everyone....so, 7th march is it. weekend leading up to full moon, plenty of light 4 a night fish. if you can make it there, great, if not, hopefully we can catch up some other time. I'm gonna go 21st or 22nd feb also but will only be a short trip. Hope to see some of you up there.
    Colo

Quote Originally Posted by Colo77 View Post
    do any good wags??? weather looks a little sad! i been doin ok on overcast mornins, but not that overcast.
    Didn't go fishing Colo just went for a drive.

Hey COLO let me know when the time gets a bit closer, I wouldn,t mind a lash at Teembra. As of late the weather has been crap and the dam at 100 percent it should be a whole new ball game.Where do you stay at the dam.

hey gav. weather permitting, the 7th march. saturday. there are shelters & electric bbq @ dam & spots to pitch a tent near the water. not sure camping is allowed but the rest of the world camps out there. could always pitch a tent/tarp over the back somewhere if worried.
    cheers,
    Colo

Hey fellas. I'm still on for 7th March at Teemburra . As it turns out there is a comp on there the same weekend from midday sat - midday sun . I'm gonna enter the comp but there should be quite a few people out there so with all the boat traffic it could be a while between fish .

Hope to see some of you out there.
    Colo

you still going up this weekend mate, my missus is away and the only thing stopping me will be work but if i aint working ill be keen to meet up, i was there friday and between 2 of us we got 5 in the boat and i got smoked by one good one in the trees. the dam was 30.5c but now its rained im not sure.

let us know if youll be up that way. i have a silver bt504x4 and a white stacer proline.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo79 View Post
    you still going up this weekend mate, my missus is away and the only thing stopping me will be work but if i aint working ill be keen to meet up, i was there friday and between 2 of us we got 5 in the boat and i got smoked by one good one in the trees. the dam was 30.5c but now its rained im not sure.

let us know if youll be up that way. i have a silver bt504x4 and a white stacer proline.
    Cammo,

Definitely won't make it up there this weekend but I'll be sure to be up there on the 7th March.

A mate made a last minute decision to come up here from Bundy, I ended up fishing Kinchant last weekend (thurs & sat nights). Thursday was very productive but scored a big fat O on Sat.

I've done pretty well the last couple of times at Teemburra, 4 or 5 in the boat for myself + what my mates have caught, plenty of missed hits but I think I might have a plan sorted to get some more solid connections. Slick Rigs have been producing for me there!

I think most of the larger fish have moved on (over the wall), hence all the rats that are being caught. I might try a couple of spots out in the basin for the big guys that are left. The average fish used to be 70cm+. These days it seems to be 50-55cm & the odd fish 70cm+. Best fish I've seen comeout of there was a 93cm model b4 the feb floods last year.

I'm in a white 385 Stessl Edgetracker towed by a white rodeo 4x2 (pic of my rig at top of page).
    Last edited by Colo77; 24-02-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: pic
    Colo