Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moreton Bay EPA Zones -GPS marks

Re: Moreton Bay EPA Zones -GPS marks

Hello Honda,

After a bit of advice please. Computers and i do not mix well. Is there a way I can put all these new marks into my Lawrance Globalmap 4000 without having to enter each individual mark?

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

You can but you need to use your computer to do it ;

1. You will need to merge the .usr (lowrance file on the first page of this thread), and your existing .usr file which stores all you gps marks.
    2. GPSU is a software tool able to merge the 2 files,
    3. copy the new file back to your data card and reload your gps marks into your unit.

Regards
    HOnda.

Honda

Thankyou so much for doing this The file ports straight into Mapsource software
    Those of you with the software will find it a breeze
    Tracks are a better way to mark out the zones as you can change the colour for each designated area

again thanks for doing this it was much appreciated
    "light gear big fish big fun"

Thanks Honda, but over my head mate. Have a mate on the island that should be able to understand how you have said to do it.

Cheers Scott

Hi Honda900
    I tried to use your C-Map file (MBay_EPA_Zones_pcplanner.xml)but can't find a way of importing it into PC Planner.
    Anyone else able to use it?
    Station-rat

What format would be the best for Humminbird? Like others on here, computers and myself aren't a good combination.
    Well done Honda. I'm sure you will be saving quite a few people a bit of money in fines with providing this info. The only marks I will be worrying about are the Pumistone Passage ones at this stage. And maybe the southern bay ones for the bream comps.
    Once again, thanks.

Sniper,

You will need to find out what software you can use to manage your gps marks, once you determine that you will be able to see what format you can use.

If the unit uses a Navionics card then theoretically you should be able to use navplanner.

or

EasyGPS is supposed to support the humminbird units but has this on their website.

Humminbird

Humminbird will not release information on their data interface. At least one of their products comes with a PC data manager that claims to support GPX. Our testing showed that it crashed when opening properly-formatted GPX files.

Regards
    Honda

Hi Honda,
    I am a bit new to the whole computer thing and was wondering what i need to do to down load these marks i have a Garmin GPSMAP 298 Sounder but it has no card so i have some questions
    1. do i need a card and can it be a blank one?
    2. what type of card do i need ?
    3. i have the software for the card reader but i was wondering if any generic card reader will work or do i have to by the garmin one?

Thanks in advance wirlybird

wirleyibird,

Ok, well you need some way to transfer the data files attached to this thread to your GPS, there are a quite a few programs that you can do it with, Mapsource which is the garmin software or GPSU (gps utility) for example.

You will also need a piece of hardware that will allow you to transfer the data to the card. so you take the card out, insert it in the hardware attached to your computer, use the software (gpsu etc) to transfer the data to your card. then import the information from the data card.

It is unclear from the manuals wether you are able to transfer the data to your existing card or you need a new card, suggest you call johnny appleseed or trymax who may be able to help you out with that information.

The following link has the hardware that you need to transfer the data and the instructions on how to do it.
    http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/45_US...Programmer.pdf

Hope that I haven't made it sound too complicated also either of the mentioned businesses may be able to help you do the transfer.

Regards
    HOnda

Cheers mate i guessed as much. Now i have to find out if its cost effective to do it this way or just buy the latest g2 card with the Green zones already on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Fantastic effort - you should see if they want to put your hard work up on their website as well. Top stuff. Darren.

Yeah, but if they do, charge the bastards!!

Terry............

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    What format would be the best for Humminbird? Like others on here, computers and myself aren't a good combination.
    Well done Honda. I'm sure you will be saving quite a few people a bit of money in fines with providing this info. The only marks I will be worrying about are the Pumistone Passage ones at this stage. And maybe the southern bay ones for the bream comps.
    Once again, thanks.
    I just downloaded a copy of humminbird's "HumminbirdPC" program. It has the facility to open Lowrance .usr files and convert them to its own format.

Just download Honda's lowrance "mbayzone_Lowrance.usr.doc" file by right clicking the file and select "save link as" then save it wherever you want, but removing the ".doc" extension from the file name eg. "mbayzone_Lowrance.usr"

Then in HumminbirdPC choose File > Open and browse to where you have saved the above file. It will then convert it to its own GPX format and it seems to display all the waypoints in its list quite OK.

I haven't tried uploading the waypoints to my old Matrix yet as I don't have a connection cable, but will do so soon.

Cheers, Ross

Just wondering, one of my Mnp18 marks is in the middle of the St helena zone, is this an additional mark that can be deleted or does someone know what it should be?
    Thanks

Sorry if this has been addressed already

EDIT* Yeah nvm, got one of the booklets today, all sorted.

Hi Honda
    Are you able to pm me the marks. Unable to open file. (Furuno)

Thanks
    Ronnie

did you remove the '.doc' extension before you saved it from the site to your computer???