Thread: Fished Maroon Yesterday Quick Report

Fished Maroon Yesterday Quick Report

Hi all fished maroon yesterday afternoon with my 10 year old daughter we arrived around 5.30 pm and went for a quick troll to locate the fish and found them on the southern bank in 18-20ft of water .

The fishing was good with a few small fish before getting a few larger ones just on dusk the smaller ones ranged from 10cm to 20cm and the larger ones that came later were between 25-30cm not monsters by any means but good fun a bit of a suprise on this trip with a mary river cod coming on board it was around15cm and fairly fat not sure but i would say maybe last years fingerling ? that was our first cod and we have been fishing the dam for 5 years so something different .
    total for 3 hours

my daughter 5 bass and 1 mary river cod
    myself 4 bass OUTFISHED AGAIN ! i`ll get her next time

Regards MONOSTRETCHO
    quote of the day ( guns don`t kill people fathers with pretty daughters do ) !!:wink:

Re: Fished Maroon Yesterday Quick Report

well done Ive never caught a cod in there or herd of anyone who has good stuff.

bron

Awesome catch, my cousin caught one there last year. well done.

I got one about 10cm about 6 months ago.

Does anyone know of a big cod being caught at maroon ??
    I would be keen to find out .

Regards MONOSTRETCHO
    quote of the day ( guns don`t kill people fathers with pretty daughters do ) !!:wink:

Hey Monostretcho,
    Mate I have a feeling that "cod" that you caught was a Spangled Perch. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
    At that size it fits with a Spanglie and they could be mistaken for a cod with their markings.
    I was out there on the weekend and caught 4 of the little suckers that is why this came to mind.
    As an addition to your Maroon report fished Friday afternoon with a mate for 16 fish most caught on blades and 3 off the surface. Also among them was a 51 cm yellowbelly. Mate got a nice bass of 40.5 cm on a surface lure.
    On Saturday caught 8 bass on Saturday on TT blades (until the wind came in and only fished half a day).
    On Sunday managed 14 Bass with five of those off the surface and one very good fish for Maroon at 46 cm. Most on fish caught on TT & Evergreen blades.

Bad_Bazza

hey bazza just done a google check they are very similar fish , as i have never caught either before the id is a hard one however after looking at several photo`s i lean towards the cod because of the golden colour of it actually it was more yellowish in all the photo`s i can find the perch is a silerish colour .

Anyway whatever it was its another new species we have not caught before .

Thanks for the report as well you seem to be doing very well as i also fished a full day 2 weeks ago for 2 strikes and nothing landed oh well thats fishing .

Regards MONOSTRETCHO

hello mono, have a mate whos seen an old bloke catch probably a 15 - 20 lb model about 5 years ago , old bloke came over to him lifted it up n said have ago at this then realesed between the boats never seen one caught but from that report they r in there