• Awoonga 3

5 7.81%
  • Awoonga 4

1 1.56%
  • Awoonga 5 & Above

9 14.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awoonga / Monduran 2008 Catch Rates (daily average)

Awoonga / Monduran 2008 Catch Rates (daily average)

So here is the poll - Participate & Enjoy

Fish caught per day fished ( boat total)

Chris

PS ..... Please round up the result eg 1.5 will be recorded as 2
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Awoonga / Monduran Catch Rates (daily average)

Man, this is a no brainer......in 2008 we spent 17 days on Monduran for 7 fish (compared to 9 days for 20 fish in 2007) and two days on Awoonga for zero fish.......

Re: Awoonga / Monduran Catch Rates (daily average)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Man, this is a no brainer......in 2008 we spent 17 days on Monduran for 7 fish (compared to 9 days for 20 fish in 2007) and two days on Awoonga for zero fish.......
    Hey Pete If we get quality results ....... we will see how tough it really is - Its only that when I went through my 2008 notes did I realize just how many fruitless days were spent chasing barra.......... We really must love our barra

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Awoonga / Monduran 2008 Catch Rates (daily average)

mate, are we counting dropped fish, or just fish in the net? I had a few trips where I connected with plenty, but only netted a few.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    mate, are we counting dropped fish, or just fish in the net? I had a few trips where I connected with plenty, but only netted a few.
    I thought about that ..... Too hard for me

no we are looking for fish that were landed!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

NAGG you have way to much time on your hands.Landed 3 this morning at Awoonga.

Ok, this year Im keping a better log, but best I can figure, there was one trip to A for a donut, and 13 trips to M, for one donut, over 23 days, with, I think, 41 fish netted in my boat, of which 6 were a meter plus. That equals 1.78 fish caught per day up there, myself and crew combined, un-real when you consider that a day is normally 12 to 14 hours on the water. I didnt count fish caught by mates in their boats fishing on the same trip, just my own tubs results, and I didnt count dropped fish, which would punch that number up a bit, I had a real bad trot of dropping fish spread over half a dozen trips last year. The Mondy donut trip saw me conect to, then subsuquently drop, 4 fish, inc what would have been a new pb I think. The jury is still out on that, at first I thought it was the body shape and hook placement on the lure I was using, but in the end I put it down to non-commited fish swiping and cheek hooking, so Ive changed rod angles a bit, adjusted drag setings a bit loser, and tried a couple of other things to see how that makes a differance.
    So I voted 2 fish per day average mate.
    Now, if you really want to cry, add up the costs of your IBD for the year and divide by number of fish netted, to calculate a net dollar value per fish!

Its going to be hard to get accurate data from this mate, you might get the once a year fisho who targets the basin on the moon and brains em, and doesnt fish again that year, so his catch rate per day is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Its going to be hard to get accurate data from this mate, you might get the once a year fisho who targets the basin on the moon and brains em, and doesnt fish again that year, so his catch rate per day is very high.
    Unfortunately the figures can get clouded by the once a year fishoe or even by how much time is actually spent fishing , how many on a boat etc...... but considering that a high percentage of us do multiple trips ...... we should get a fair idea.
    its a curiosity more than anything ...... & you'll know as an individual what would be an improved result on last year. ( I know I didn't have a clue what the daily average was)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

My votes were 2 for Monduran and 1 for Awoonga. Only one trip to Awoonga this year over 5 long days we did struggle to land the 5. We did land a few more at Mondy this year, although we did more trips there, and now use different techniques to find fish[ tying to trees, plastics in timber, fishing the weed banks] all adds up to a more tricks in the bag scenario. Unfortunately there were some Pastries on offer, did 2 trips for the dreaded. Back to back. Relief to land the first one on a trip is an under statement. GOt the mexicans arriving on Thursday for a 4 day sesh at Mondy, which puts the pressure on a bit, hopefully we can find some!!!!!!!
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIDDA View Post
    NAGG you have way to much time on your hands.Landed 3 this morning at Awoonga.
    I'm in the middle of packing up my unit & worst still cleaning it ...... So I need an excuse to have a break

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

[quote=BR65;956301]Ok, this year Im keping a better log, but best I can figure, there was one trip to A for a donut, and 13 trips to M, for one donut, over 23 days, with, I think, 41 fish netted in my boat, of which 6 were a meter plus. That equals 1.78 fish caught per day up there, myself and crew combined, un-real when you consider that a day is normally 12 to 14 hours on the water. I didnt count dropped fish, which would punch that number up a bit, I had a real bad trot of dropping fish spread over half a dozen trips last year. The Mondy donut trip saw me conect to, then subsuquently drop, 4 fish, inc what would have been a new pb I think. The jury is still out on that, at first I thought it was the body shape and hook placement on the lure I was using, but in the end I put it down to non-commited fish swiping and cheek hooking, so Ive changed rod angles a bit, adjusted drag setings a bit loser, and tried a couple of other things to see how that makes a differance.
    So I voted 2 fish per day average mate.
    Now, if you really want to cry, add up the costs of your IBD for the year and divide by number of fish netted, to calculate a net dollar value per fish![/quote]

Hey Brian ....... That will come
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Include accommadation, camping, fuel for car, pro rata on rego and maintainence of tow vehicle, boat costs, rods, reels, sip, line, leader, terminal tackle, lures and plastics.Think I'll go lie down for a bit

Fair enough NAGG.See ya at the ramp soon!!

So what are we thinking at this stage ???? Based on the reports last year - these numbers seem to reflect that

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO