View Poll Results: Which is the most productive barra destination ?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monduran

18 37.50%
  • Awoonga

19 39.58%
  • Either ....

11 22.92%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MONDURAN Vs AWOONGA

Re: MONDURAN Vs AWOONGA

A extra hour or so behind the wheel, Mondy for me... but Awoonga is ready to fire ........??????

I think you should detour an hour and spend a night at the baffle creek campstay and catch some jacks...though there is a tavern within walking distance

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    I think you should detour an hour and spend a night at the baffle creek campstay and catch some jacks...though there is a tavern within walking distance
    Hey Chew ..... There will be lots of opportunity for a jack attack once I get to Brissy - The old breambo in the toxic waste dump will be missed ....... but I think a Jack makes for a fair old substitute.

Lots of fishing ahead

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

If ur really keen you can catch jacks off the tavern deck its pretty special..MW would never leave

Here is a little statistic from 2008 (boat results)

Monduran 22 barra landed @ 14 Sessions (best 112cm , 104 ,103 , 103, 103 , 101)

Awoonga 75 barra landed @ 13 Sessions (best 106cm , 100) .... 3 sessions were fished with Dr Awoonga
    An additional 7 fish were landed during Skeeter time

Cheers

Chris

PS ...... Trev is gunna hate me for putting this stat up
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Here is a little statistic from 2008 (boat results)

Monduran 22 barra landed @ 14 Sessions (best 112cm , 104 ,103 , 103, 103 , 101)

Awoonga 75 barra landed @ 13 Sessions (best 106cm , 100) .... 3 sessions were fished with Dr Awoonga
    An additional 7 fish were landed during Skeeter time

Fair stats there Chris....no wonder you're classified as an addict....
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Fair stats there Chris....no wonder you're classified as an addict....
    Trust me Paul ....... Its not normally in my nature to be that thorough But I did take notes of the results of our trips last year.......... but its not hard when you only do 3 trips
    I think it is an interesting stat though ..... particularly when you consider the general consensus!

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

What would be an interesting comparison Chris is if you could replicate your trips from last year to this year.....now that would be interesting.....And Im guessing once you hit God's country there's ever chance that it will happy.....am I right

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    What would be an interesting comparison Chris is if you could replicate your trips from last year to this year.....now that would be interesting.....And Im guessing once you hit God's country there's ever chance that it will happy.....am I right
    Hi Whitto

I do plan to fish each month starting March ( unless it drives me broke )...... We will see!

Replicating those results ...... Hmmm I've had to convince Whitey not to expect those results ( the March & Sept trips were ...... exceptional)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I do plan to fish each month starting March
    Great objective Chris, it should give you a clear pattern of how the barra behave as the weather cools and then warms up again.

It will also give you the opportunity to examine the changing water quality over the same period and before/during/after major inflows and outflows......

I wish I could go monthly!

Pete

Chris

There are some telling statistics there, even from the most crude analysis.

A similar amount of sessions but your Awoonga catch rates are almost four times that of Monduran, but more big fish being caught at Mondy.

That might lead to conclusions that:

1. You have Awoonga wired and are still on your learning curve at Mondy
    2. Monduran is going through a boom cycle with larger fish, well fed but uneducated, and committing to lure presentations, or
    3. Younger year classes are now coming through at Awoonga, perhaps willing fish that might not have been caught before in the lake, and prepared to take more risks.

Or it could be a combination of all three.

Just a few thoughts there.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Great objective Chris, it should give you a clear pattern of how the barra behave as the weather cools and then warms up again.

It will also give you the opportunity to examine the changing water quality over the same period and before/during/after major inflows and outflows......

I wish I could go monthly!

Pete
    Probably the only thing is that I will skip Mondy at times to go to Awoonga ....... some months both will be included (March , Sept & Nov) but you are right ...... It will be interesting to see how the dynamics change & in turn the fish behavior ...... It should be good

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi Whitto

I do plan to fish each month starting March ( unless it drives me broke )...... We will see!

Replicating those results ...... Hmmm I've had to convince Whitey not to expect those results ( the March & Sept trips were ...... exceptional)

Chris
    At least you have a benchmark to compare it too....still it will be interesting......The only difference this year is you will be doing a lot more trips

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    At least you have a benchmark to compare it too....still it will be interesting......The only difference this year is you will be doing a lot more trips
    Maybe more trips ...... but also during times when I would not normally plan a trip. I think if I set myself up well ...... I can do a trip at fairly short notice - whereas atm..... Its 4-6 months..... If not longer

Anyhow back to the cleaning

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Chris

There are some telling statistics there, even from the most crude analysis.

A similar amount of sessions but your Awoonga catch rates are almost four times that of Monduran, but more big fish being caught at Mondy.

That might lead to conclusions that:

1. You have Awoonga wired and are still on your learning curve at Mondy
    2. Monduran is going through a boom cycle with larger fish, well fed but uneducated, and committing to lure presentations, or
    3. Younger year classes are now coming through at Awoonga, perhaps willing fish that might not have been caught before in the lake, and prepared to take more risks.

Or it could be a combination of all three.

Just a few thoughts there.

Cheers
    Paul
    Sorry Paul ...... I missed your reply
    Where do I start ..... ???
    Straight up ...... Awoonga results are greatly influenced by Trev (Awoonga) ..... He guided us for 2 days prior to having a shot on our own ( day 3 was the best result with 12 boated) ...... Trev then joined us for the 4th day (11 landed).
    Even the Sept trip ...... Trev showed us around a bit & Whitey certainly capitalized on it - So I'm under no delusion that we know Awoonga.
    most certainly ...... It seems to be a younger year class at Awoonga ....... but we have lost several meter plus fish too.
    3,000,000 barra stocked in Awoonga

As for Monduran ... We have done it on our own - After changing tactics ...... 16 fish came over 3 days (Muster trip)...... otherwise the boats results would be well under 1
    Definately bigger fish ...... with a large percentage over 90cm
    We have also lost 5 or so big fish
    so on the idea of bigger uneducated fish - Yes I think so Trev & I discussed this yesterday ......... We both feel accessability (structure) influences Mondy results ! ...... to many trees!
    1,000,000 barra stocked in Mondy

I will be curious to see how our March results compare
    The one good thing that came out of it ...... we had minimal (5) donut days out of 27
    Interesting

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO