Thread: What’s the thinnest mono line on the market

Re: What’s the thinnest mono line on the market

Damyl Tectan, 15lb, 0.28mm dia.
    Platypus super 100, 15lb, 0.27mm dia.

Damyl Tectan, 28.8lbs, 0.40mm dia.
    Platypus super 100, 30lb, 0.41mm dia.

Very similar?

thin line is all good depending on the situation(beaches trolling) but around snags ,deep reef fishing and big fish slugging I use thicker mono coz (mono ain't mono)In shallow water fishing try using red or pink colour line coz it is more transparent than all other colours.

I'd say super 100 as most have said but I will add. Going thinner mono would defeat the purpose of having mono as the thinner it is the less abrasion resistance you get. The only real advantage is maybe having more line for a heavier line class than other mono lines and cheaper then braid.

Going thinner mono would defeat the purpose of having mono as the thinner it is the less abrasion resistance you get. The only real advantage is maybe having more line for a heavier line class than other mono lines and cheaper then braid.
    Well said.

Scott

tried that Super 100 stuff, didnt like it as much as regular mono, i found it had bad memory

mike
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    tried that Super 100 stuff, didnt like it as much as regular mono, i found it had bad memory

mike
    Call me stupid but i have never understood line memory. Can anyone help me out?
    "holy sh!t, did you see that?"

It retains a coil or spiral in the line when it comes off the spool..

HUH..bad memory..what was the question again..

hi i found a mono line thiner than any previously mentioned only prob is you have to order it online form the uk or uk ebay though its made in japan its called teklon gold

13.6lb = 0.22
    17.8lb = 0.25
    23.3lb = 0.30
    30.7lb = 0.35
    40.5lb = 0.40
    check out the 30 pound the same as most 16lb if there a mono thinner than this stuff i would like to know about it ive got some of the 30.7 pound
    i wanted some for my pendulam casting rod fed up with braid bird nests on my over head and i hered about this stuff through a really good bloke called graham from victoria who makes casting sinkers for pendulam casters he also pendulam casts
    In the uk teklon gold is very popular check at veals uk anybody whose interested in looking at the line