Thread: viking tempo fisherman

viking tempo fisherman

hi everybody i been looking for a yak for a while now and i think i have decided on the viking tempo fisherman.
    Just wondering what peoples views on this craft are
    cheers

Smile Re: viking tempo fisherman

Hi Fishyfrost i own a viking tempo fisherman 2 have had it 2years or so now the one with minkota lecie fitted and can not fault it places i have fished from it are glenlyon dam , dumersq river,maroon dam, brissie river, pumicestone passage, it is a very stable and comefortable yak to fish frome. My fishing sessions are useualy around 5-6 hours long i never get tierd of usig it in my opinnion they are a good buy.

Cheers Bosco

Re: viking tempo fisherman

Hi FF,
    I have the first model of the Fisherman Tempo.Had it for about 5 years now I think,And it has been very good to me.It's been in and outta utes on countless occassions,Draged over rapids,Rocks,And weirs,And she just keeps on floatin.

Mine is very stable when sitting in it,And with a bit of concerntration,I can fish while standing.

I have made up a modifyed chair I can drop into it which gives me a bit more height.This helps me see weed edges and other structure a little better.On the chairs frame I have welded rod holders too.There are quite a few other things I have changed aswell,But they will be irrelevent in comparison to the newer model.

I aslo have fitted a X67c Lowrance sonar,And mounted the transducer in the hull to shoot through it.It works unreal,And is safe from bumps and scratches.I have a water temp guage mounted on the outside at the rear.She's also capable of running a duel battery setup I made if I need it for those all nighters.

It has caught me heaps of fish,Including some pretty nice Barra.

Unbeatable for sneakin into those hard to reach places.

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Re: viking tempo fisherman

I have a mate who works in a hobie dealership and has had several peddle yaks. After I gave him a trial he now runs one like mine, but has to wear a hood in case his boss spots him!!!

The "River Somewhere" thread is a tempo, heres another pic,

cheers