Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lake lenthal diasaster

Re: lake lenthal diasaster

Apollo, some similar suggestions were brought up around 12/18 mths ago re leaving 2 stroke on the back.Some suggestions were removing propellors,fuel tanks,spark plugs etc,and here re stilll waiting.I have a four stroke and can go there,but as i was normally coming home around the time the gates now open,i choose not to,as first light to sunrise was easily my most productive times.I also think the high turbidity caused by the bulldust from the ground being cleared was part of the reason the bass and barra decided to escape over the wall,as we have had a lot of floods since bass were stocked but none resulted in a fish kill like what we saw before xmas down in the salt.After a risein water levels used to be a prime time to chase surface bass in the newly flooded grass,but this time for whatever reasonthey were being caught in the esturine system.Just my opinion,but i think the dynamics of the fishery have changed,i hope im wrong but i think the fish will continue to flee over the wall.maybe the fish stocking ass could look at yellas again ??

The email I sent did point out a couple of porky pies coming from WBWB and one of their employees so I suppose I'm asking a bit much to expect an answer. I think another Ausfisher posted here on his brush with WBWB on the same issue but it was soon removed by one of the Mods. Unless there are big changes soon I for one would like to see it off the SIP scheme but I don't think the pro netters in the Burrum River would agree, they love those SIP funded Barra.
    Cheers

so do i mate so do i

Exclamation Re: lake lenthal diasaster

I can advise as local living near Lenthalls that caution needs to be taken on the dirt road from the Highway out to the dam especially after rain. Deep corrigations and potholes. The dirt road is also used by logging trucks and is very rough in the dry also. The road doesn't see a grader very often. A good strong boat trailer, and 4x4 vehicle will provide easier access. I take my 2wd ute out ok but keep my speed down to about 30-40k.

Phill T