Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I Need Help Please

Re: I Need Help Please

Ugly, Noted that you are on line now - what area do you live in? This may give indication as to what end of the bay to send you to - what ramp to launch from etc? Sammy

I still haven't worked mud out, you're not alone out there and it does suffer from overfishing

Your boat is big enough to head offshore, if money is tight - rather than do a few trips a week, tow up to mooloolaba or down to the goldy or to Bribie and headout around the cape and try a few marks out off moreton. Personally I would suggest Mooloolaba and try some general marks up there (plenty on the net) and you should be able to find yourself a feed.

gotta get an epirb first but yeah i wanna head off shore in the future..samsnapp im in cannon hill i launch at wyhte island or colmslie..

AZ - that is what I was trying to get to, when we work out where he lives, people can give ideas of trips for him from his home. If petrol $$ is the problem - then he needs to target the area/type of fish & budget to get to it - weekly etc - all about planning. Thanks for your input. Sammy x

Yes - Heard on the grape vine that in a few months New rules are in with the safety zoning, that from the "ramp" you need "open water" safety gear & kids must wear life jackets in any size boat PDF type 1 in the bay - so get a EPIRB soon. They are also chanaging the size of the mouth on the crab pots to a "lot smaller" in March & the pot numbers for adults are going down & kids get 3 per child and an undecided rumor that Jennies will be allowed to be kept due to the over population.(keep you posted on that one) I'm Northern Brisbane up fishing wise, Northern tip of Moreton If you want any spots PM me. So I't may pay for another member to put info on goldie up - may save on fuel $$. Cheers Sammy

sammy you only need an epirb if your heading more than 2 nm from land,you dont need on on the bay...as for the jenny thing well thats a first for me,never heard even a whisper i could be wrong tho...you can keep em in the nt and nsw..im gunna be studying to be a fisheries patrol officer this year so il be keept up to date at all times..thanks for your input mate..

Stay tuned - came straight from the fisheries on the weekend! Work with people in those cicles too
    Cheers Sammy xx

got done the other day on the water checking saftey gear asked about epirb for the bay and was told did not need one and not any time soon.but un fortanily they change there mind like they change there undies.

you for real?the laws and rules state that you only need one if your more than 2 nm from land,one would think youd be right out in the bay..where did they sting ya mate?

ugly you read my post wrong they said i did not need one.and i was at mud island and on to a good bite when they come over.

rrrr i see,when u said you got done had me concerned..my bad sorry

Ugly Why not find a mate to go fishing and offset the costs, if you don't have mates try asking for a deckie on here, always people looking to get out.

Mark