Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 fish 1 hook (with Pics)

2 fish 1 hook (with Pics)

Hi guys,

Was fishing off Scarborough Reef over the holidays when I got a nice hook up. The rod bent over on the holder and when I picked it up I thought I had something decent. As I started bringing it in I was trying to work out what it might be. It felt weird, like it was vibrating and darting and pulling all over the place.

To my surprise when I got it to the boat I had caught 2 fish on the 1 hook. The Bream had taken the hook first and I have no idea how but had gone through the bottom of its mouth. The second fish has taken what was left of the bait and as a result I had a double hook up. The line ran through the bottom of the mouth of the Bream and the hook was in the second fish.

I opened the bail arm on my rod and got the hook out of the first fish but the Bream had slipped back into the water and by the time I got to him he was long gone with all of my line. Had to reel the bugger all the way back in to set him free.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar incident or better??

Re: 2 fish 1 hook (with Pics)

Nice one lol. Thats not a bream but its a snapper/squire.

Never saw that before!

Sorry to tell you Crafty but you did not catch a bream. The fish in your pics are a squire (juvenile snapper) and a grassy emperor......

Oh well. Either way I thought it was very cool.

My mate who has been fishing for 20+ years was with me and said he to had never seen that happen before.

I caught a legal red throat and a Bannana fish on one hook recently got the red throat through the lip and the paddy through the side have it on video when I get around to doing some editing will do a video post and include this.

As I told my mates at the time thats how the good fishermen do it 2 at a time no use wasting bait.

Well done mate, i bet you couldnt do that again

top effort geze a lot of people go out there and cant even get a fish.that must of been a half decent fight as thoes sweeties go hard.

That is nuts! Definitely one grassy and one squire...i cannot believe that! Just insane what can happen. i bet you did some triple takes! Thanks for sharing.
    cuzza

I've seen 2 fish on 1 lure, fish on each treble , a few times before but never seen 2 fish on a single hook.
    Very impressive.
    Mate you are good...............real good!!

Cheers.

HaHa. I have caught 2 trevs on the one popper and both me and a mate caught the same squire at the same time but i claimed it as my hook was further down. Ben

Thats a bit like the "hole in one" of fishing, good stuff.
    Rgs
    Michael

Just think how you'd go using treble hooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done!
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice catch!

i once got 2 yellow tail king on one rapala off nine mile and we laughed about me and the old boy laughed about it and said how we would never see that again...... 2 laps later same thing on the other lure thank god they were only rats because one hard enough let alone 2

Cheers
    Matty

Well done! had the same thing happen to me years ago with a small whiting sliding along the trace after eating a worm, and a Flathead with the hook in it's mouth.